Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

abc

Jan 6, 2007
I’m not here to explains the U.K. parliamentary democracy to you, that is covered during school years

That is seriously pompous but also suggests you simply cant support your statements. Shame, because I am always open to learning different views and, if persuaded, modifying my own. Clearly not going to happen from you.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Do you ever listen to what he says? He is a passionate Remainer, knows the rest of the UK will be better off in as well and that it is in Scotland's interest to have a strong England, Wales and NI for the sake of Scootland's prosperity.

First and foremost he would destroy the UK, it’s the reason for his political being. Fact. He believes in political unions being broken, when it suits him.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
That is seriously pompous but also suggests you simply cant support your statements. Shame, because I am always open to learning different views and, if persuaded, modifying my own. Clearly not going to happen from you.

Wow, you should have studied harder. If that’s pompous then it’s pompous. Love that Parliament are holding the executive to account.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
First and foremost he would destroy the UK, it’s the reason for his political being. Fact. He believes in political unions being broken, when it suits him.

An independent Scotland is not going to threaten the well-being of the rest of the UK. If he didn't give a shit about anyone else why has he worked tirelessly with Lib Dems, Greens, Change UK, Grieve, Benn et al to Remain?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Welcome to the world of a leave voter on this thread, patronising, condescending, cerebrally challenged, remainiac zealots questioning your intelligence/integrity unable to process the fact people can have a different view for entirely legitimate reasons.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Penny hasn’t dropped has it?

They won’t/can’t make a decision.

It needs to be the people deciding whether to take this deal. That is the only way.

so they need to make the decision to send it back to the people.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It is the people that put us in this situation - another referendum would just make things worse. It is politicians that are PAID to make decisions. They need to get on with it.

I voted remain and I am inclined to agree with this.

If there is another referendum and now it’s obvious liberals/ snp/ labour are all now in the remain camp, what happens if the referendum says ..OUT again! Parliament will never vote to take us out of Europe.

This is getting into a very serious situation and I do hope this will not lead to civil unrest!

Just look at the way MPs of all parties were abused on their way out of parliament...it just takes a nutter!!!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
so they need to make the decision to send it back to the people.

What happens if the result is similar to 2016, genuine question?

What happens if the result isn’t what the MPs want, genuine question?

The more these self serving back to fronts abstain the more likely the people will rebel again , and in greater numbers!

Jan 30, 2008
An independent Scotland is not going to threaten the well-being of the rest of the UK. If he didn't give a shit about anyone else why has he worked tirelessly with Lib Dems, Greens, Change UK, Grieve, Benn et al to Remain?

Because he's an undemocratic loon, a bit like the Kranky still banging on about Scottish independence zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Regards
DF

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I hadn't heard that but doesn't surprise me. I would have loved another referendum but its too late now. I can assure you, promise you, that I voted remain. I hope its not completely unbelievable that people can put aside their most fundamental belief (ie that we should have chosen to remain in the EU) for one that recognises that where we are now, after three years, the best thing for the country is to leave now. I wish it weren't the case but I genuinely, reluctantly, believe this to be so.

Seconded, soundly.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What happens if the result is similar to 2016, genuine question?

What happens if the result isn’t what the MPs want, genuine question?

The more these self serving back to fronts abstain the more likely the people will rebel again , and in greater numbers!

The issue was how insanely vague the first vote was. “Leave” meant 10,000 different things. Hence people voting against May’s deal 3 times.

Make this referendum Remain vs Johnson’s deal - whichever wins is implemented immediately. Really simple, gets it over with once and for all.

It’s also very standard procedures in modern democracies to have a confirmatory referendum of this nature.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If there is another referendum and now it’s obvious liberals/ snp/ labour are all now in the remain camp, what happens if the referendum says ..OUT again! Parliament will never vote to take us out of Europe.

You are right. Parliament won’t vote us out of the EU so the next referendum should/will be law making not advisory like the last one. As soon as the result is in, the law changes and we’re out if we vote leave.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Steve Baker still in utter denial.

Has just spent his interview having a go at "remain" MPs but refuses to criticise the DUP.

If the DUP had voted with the Government, the amendment would have failed.

Consistently failed to find a compromise and sold their allies down the river in the process.

The EU haven't shifted at all. They have only removed the backstop because Boris has created a border down the Irish Sea.

They've even given up the Union to get what they want. It's what we knew all along. Silly little Englander surrender monkeys.

:lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here