Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Thought I'd seen it all on this thread, Caketastic ... :lolol:

54fbf41e43c596b349f99cb6a1708cb9.jpg

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I can assure you I don't and they are not.

Parliament has two key responsibilities: 1. To represent the views of the people 2. To represent the best interests of the country.

Both the Conservatives and Labour fought an election promising to respect the referendum. Parliament voted to do the same. Yet 3 years down the road they still haven't (I say this as an ardent remainer). A deal to leave was agreed with the EU but Parliament (including Tories that wanted to leave!) rejected it. The Gov called for an election to let the people decide: All the opposition parties refused to go to the people. Labour argued that his was to stop no deal. We now have another deal and the chance to avoid no deal. Labour have rejected this again and will vote against the deal. They have also failed to table a vote of no confidence and thus an election.

The country needs to move forward and Parliament are determined to play continual and damaging political power games that are crippling the country.

How can you possibly, possibly say this is 'Parliamentarians doing their job'?!

Again you don’t understand, do some simple research, it’s GCSE politics stuff. The MPs are doing their duty

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You start the mix again or replace the eggs which Boris has done with the agreement. Scrapped the original and tweeked it to make it better.

Boris not only has rotten eggs, but the flour has weevils too.

His 'deal' is far worse than Theresa May's. Lies and deception.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
The referendum was respected when Article 50 was triggered by Theresa May.

No, the referendum will be respected when we leave. By all means argue why the referendum should not be respected, but you can’t claim it has been because it simply hasn’t.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No, the referendum will be respected when we leave. By all means argue why the referendum should not be respected, but you can’t claim it has been because it simply hasn’t.

So the government QC admitting in the High Court, that the referendum was corrupt, and had it been mandatory instead of advisory, would have been nullified? James Eadie High Court February 2019.

Forgive me, but I don't believe you voted to remain.

D

Deleted member 2719

Boris not only has rotten eggs, but the flour has weevils too.

His 'deal' is far worse than Theresa May's. Lies and deception.

What has Boris ever done to you???

The man is looking to unite the country today and is far closer at succeeding, than anyone else that is electable.

Come on broaden your horizons.

We could all be friends in the good ship Albion at the end of the day, or it could just fester with hatred and lack of trust within our MP's for decades, to carry the democratic decision through.

Anyway, shouldn't you be strolling around London???

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The man is looking to unite the country today and is far closer at succeeding, than anyone else that is electable.

Have you considered a career in standup?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

We could all be friends in the good ship Albion at the end of the day, or it could just fester with hatred and lack of trust within our MP's for decades, to carry the democratic decision through.

Boris is a liar. He is in it for himself. He is only in his role as PM having appointed by a few Tories geriatrics

Louis MacNeice

Dec 7, 2015

No he is looking to win today and to win an upcoming general election. He is so intent on winning in the short term that he is willing/actively encouraging the break up of the union in the medium to long term; the border down the Irish Sea and the effective Northern Irish EU customs union membership must be music to the ears of nationalists in Northern Ireland and Scotland. Johnson's pursuit of his own self interest, at whatever cost, is at least consistent and sustained.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ian Blackford making the speech of his life here on behalf of Scotland and the SNP.

Tories are laughing, they don't give a shit about Scotland.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wish it was more like modern football than the older system.

It looks like a replay next week.

BREXIT makes the Arsenal v Sheffield Wednesday cup match in 1979 look like a 'blink and you'll miss it match'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here