Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I would like to be as certain of 3 pts today as Corbyn getting well beat in a GE.

nintchdbpict000396445403-e1522768964447.jpg

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The true mark of the Tories exposed when Brexit secretary uses the memory of Mo Mowlam to encourage the house to vote for the Boris surrender deal.

Especially after they hold sold Northern Ireland down the river.

Sickening.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The unfortunate thing with Brexit, is that there are a lot of Tory MP's putting their party first to keep them in power because if they don't deliver Brexit they know they will lose a GE. They are putting this before they try to represent the view of the people and in doing so looking for a harder Brexit than needed, which in turn will have a negative impact on the best interests of the Country.

An MP's first priority is Country, then the People they represent, then the Party. We have a Government acting in reverse.

The Tories don’t appear scared of a general election in the slightest. Corbyn is in a hellish place in the polls, due amongst other things, to three plus years of pretending that he’s all things to all people on the EU. Turns out the British aren’t as dim as some would portray.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Tories don’t appear scared of a general election in the slightest. Corbyn is in a hellish place in the polls, due amongst other things, to three plus years of pretending that he’s all things to all people on the EU. Turns out the British aren’t as dim as some would portray.

Jezza won’t get near number 10, his tactic of sitting in the fence for 2 years has back fired.

How that looks at an election I’m not sure.

Any decent leader would stroll a GE against the Tories.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can assure you I don't and they are not.

Parliament has two key responsibilities: 1. To represent the views of the people 2. To represent the best interests of the country.

Both the Conservatives and Labour fought an election promising to respect the referendum. Parliament voted to do the same. Yet 3 years down the road they still haven't (I say this as an ardent remainer). A deal to leave was agreed with the EU but Parliament (including Tories that wanted to leave!) rejected it. The Gov called for an election to let the people decide: All the opposition parties refused to go to the people. Labour argued that his was to stop no deal. We now have another deal and the chance to avoid no deal. Labour have rejected this again and will vote against the deal. They have also failed to table a vote of no confidence and thus an election.

The country needs to move forward and Parliament are determined to play continual and damaging political power games that are crippling the country.

How can you possibly, possibly say this is 'Parliamentarians doing their job'?!

The referendum was respected when Article 50 was triggered by Theresa May.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Boris is now in talks with the DUP with cheque book open apparently.

DUP abstain ?

DUP appear to be indicating that they will vote against the deal however the vote is likley to be very tight and if they were to abstain then the deal will go through.

I am currently listening to Sir Keer who is making some very good points that may sway those MPs who are wavering

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If that’s the case he must be worried about numbers.

If the DUP don’t have the union, what is the point of them?

I meant to say it was the Letwin amendment. He is probably trying to persuade them to abstain on the basis it's irrelevant to them because it delays a deal they don't want anyway.

The Letwin numbers are looking shaky.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Untrue it is only respected when we actually leave. If asked to make a cake it isnt completed until it is ready to eat not at the mixing stage at the beginning of the process.

You abandon the cake when you crack the eggs to find they've gone rotten. You don't carry on regardless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here