Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

If you are thinking about your children, other children and future generations then I suggest you have a very close look at the counter terrorism arrangements we have with the EU, extradition and arrest warrants.
Now, I'm not saying that your children will be killed by a terrorist but many acts of terrorism have been stopped because of these arrangements and they could very well disappear under a no deal.
Not project fear, facts.
We have counter terrorism and extradition arrangements with other countries but they come nowhere near as close as those with the EU.
Many terrorists make there way through Europe or are in France, Germany and Belgium.
I suspect that part of your dislike for immigration stems from some of the awful events that have happened over the years and I sort of get that but I don't agree as I refuse to tar everyone with the same brush.
No doubt someone will pull this apart but as it stands our relationship with the EU regarding all sorts of criminality will disappear under a no deal.
And with our underfunded and depleted police force I don't trust this government to be on top of it after 31st.
Thanks for the offer of a drink, no disrespect but the subject would soon turn to immigration and when that happens I tend to get up and walk out.
I detest any form of racism in any form no matter what the colour of their skin.

Why have you made the assumption that I voted leave just on the policy of immigration?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why should we let known criminals settle in the uk. Do you have good argument for a rapist, murderer, peodophile from another country to have free rein to settle here

Maybe you should ask Spain who have all the British criminals on the Costa del Crime.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
trouble with indyref2 is if they get it they dont necessaryily win, and if they do win and gain independence they leave the EU anyway.

Think some kind of EEA / EFTA arrangement would create a nice place for companies in England to re-locate to, after a transition.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My powers of perception have always said you are a second account of Harry Wilsons tackle.
They also giving off a strong signal that you have an amazingly tiny penis.
Keep UP if you can.

Well if we go by the powers of perception you've displayed on this thread so far, I would guess he has no idea who Harry Wilson's Tackle is and must be hung like a f***ing donkey :facepalm::lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If Johnson gets a deal - and he can spin any deal as a good one - then he'll be a hero to many and will return with a majority at the next election.

It is frustrating, of course. The customs boundary in the Irish Sea was always the answer. If Theresa of Borg hadn't blundered with calling an election - and had to accept the DUP tail wagging the UK dog - we would have been here much sooner.

It seems we are going for a supersized ( reversed ) Busingem type arrangement. 2018 wants its idea back.

https://twitter.com/hhesterm/status/1054320743734042624?s=19

Excellent. We got there in the end.

Get this signed off, then move onto task 2 - the pivot towards EFTA membership, task 3 - a quick deal for paid for medium term EEA access, and finally task 4, the golden egg of a ( Super ) Switzerland FTA.

Are you suggesting Boris will thrown not just NI under a bus, but the England racists as well?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

My powers of perception have always said you are a second account of Harry Wilsons tackle.
They also giving off a strong signal that you have an amazingly tiny penis.
Keep UP if you can.

Is that your opening gambit for inviting people for a pint because you're such a nice person?

Not very inviting Mouldy but I would have declined the offer anyway; you lack wit, wisdom or a sense of humour so it wouldn't have been very entertaining, unless you resorted to the hilarious threat of violence if Brexit doesn't get done by October 31st. That's worth another listen....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Are you suggesting Boris will thrown not just NI under a bus, but the England racists as well?
He may well. If he does deliver Brexit - any sort of Brexit - he'll spin it as heroic, and if he wins an election on the back of it then at that point the racists had better avoid the bus station.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As per usual, it's easier to get a couple of dozen disparate European nations to agree than it is to to get our self-serving bunch of parliamentary ****s to agree to anything, other than what they don't want. No wonder BJ's strategists are trying to pin them down to binary choices only. Don't agree with it but can completely understand it

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I understand and agree with the point you are making that it is not racist to legislate against known foreign criminals; my point is criminal activity in the country should be condemned regardless of the nationality of the perpetrator i.e. we stand against criminality in a non-racist manner.

It wasn't in a racist manner.

What you are saying about condemning all criminals is fine, if we aren't discussing Brexit and the free movement of people, but since we are, differentiating between foriegn & domestic criminals is entirely legitimate and relevant.

You're first sentence about what you understand and agree with, that was the whole point.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
As per usual, it's easier to get a couple of dozen disparate European nations to agree than it is to to get our self-serving bunch of parliamentary ****s to agree to anything, other than what they don't want. No wonder BJ's strategists are trying to pin them down to binary choices only. Don't agree with it but can completely understand it

When it comes down to it, parliament pretty much reflects 50% +/-5% in the country. There is no real majority for Brexit and if there ever was, it was tiny. Hence, the problem....

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So once a criminal always a criminal, or does that apply to only Romanian and Albanian criminals? Or do we keep any Brit who has committed an offence confined to the UK for ever and a day? Let's have some long term thinking on this rather than just knee jerk reaction.

Please stop pretending to not understand the point, and please stop implying that people are racist.

Please.

D

Deleted member 2719

Well if we go by the powers of perception you've displayed on this thread so far, I would guess he has no idea who Harry Wilson's Tackle is and must be hung like a f***ing donkey :facepalm::lolol:

My powers of perception tell me that you are a troll.:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm not implying that anybody is racist. I am saying that they are being xenophobic when they place country of origin above behaviour. I thought I was pretty clear on that.

The post was about character (being a criminal, i.e. of poor character), you made it about nationality.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
It wasn't in a racist manner.

What you are saying about condemning all criminals is fine, if we aren't discussing Brexit and the free movement of people, but since we are, differentiating between foriegn & domestic criminals is entirely legitimate and relevant.

You're first sentence about what you understand and agree with, that was the whole point.

See my response to Portslade Gull.....

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The post was about character (being a criminal, i.e. of poor character), you made it about nationality.

Okay.... let's just say this is a misunderstanding.

Justice needs to be meted out on criminals - and the law should be blind to the nationality of the offender in dealing with it.

Known foreign criminals need to be prohibited from coming into our country - or in the case of minor criminality, they should be monitored closely....

Is that okay?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Disappointing to see the neanderthal trolls of the DUP being given any kind of airtime tonight. High time they were kicked back under the rock they crawled out from under

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here