Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
This might be posted better on a David Cameron thread, but what a prize prat he was. He we are, Brexit all over the place, people taking it so personally and trading insults, the island of Eire and Northern Ireland under all sorts of issues and Scotland pressing for another possible breakaway. Well done Dave you utter bungle****.

Jan 30, 2008

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
This might be posted better on a David Cameron thread, but what a prize prat he was. He we are, Brexit all over the place, people taking it so personally and trading insults, the island of Eire and Northern Ireland under all sorts of issues and Scotland pressing for another possible breakaway. Well done Dave you utter bungle****.[/QUOTE]

Clearly totally oblivious to the irony -and hypocrisy.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
But I keep getting told by Brexit supporters that Brexit isn't about immigration ???

Considering your lack of honesty about your own claims (only ever 3 options, all the same porkies) and continually misrepresenting/misunderstanding others I doubt that you do but I think most people understood the main theme of the Leave campaign 'Take back control' included having more control of our borders.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well worth the 800 million the country is losing on a weekly basis because of this bs.

We could have chosen blue for the colour a long time ago, like some of the other EU countries. Another con from the politicians.
Mind you, we have to pay the French to print them for us.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Considering your lack of honesty about your own claims (only ever 3 options, all the same porkies) and continually misrepresenting/misunderstanding others I doubt that you do but I think most people understood the main theme of the Leave campaign 'Take back control' included having more control of our borders.

I seem to remember last time you tried to disprove the 3 options I've always said were there.

That was when you edited my posts and then quoted the edited versions, claiming they were mine, wasn't it :facepalm:

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
They are some of the stories but unprecedented levels of immigration are also a factor, pretending otherwise is dishonest and pointless because it is true.

Feel free to point out any inaccuracies in what they are stating.

Net Immigration has been running at unprecedented levels well before May or Cameron came to office, see the Blair years. EU net immigration has already fallen considerably since the 2016 referendum which will please leave voters who thought those levels were unsustainable, as for the future, it depends on who is in power (Boris = points-based system, Corbyn = open door) and if we have enacted the majority will of the people as expressed in a referendum and a general election.

Who said immigrants 'steal' jobs? As ever in this debate when extremist remainers can't accept indisputable facts like high levels of immigration have some negative effects (increased pressure on housing/services) they jump to misrepresent or strawman leavers arguments. Immigration is generally a good thing but continuous unplanned large-scale net immigration causes problems.

So we employ builders to build more homes and employ more widwives, from the EU. Immigration is the solution, more than it is the problem

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not having 1000 people a day arriving in the UK, putting more pressure on our housing stock. In the process, driving up house prices and rents.

Then there's the pressure on the NHS, school places....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Wait till you to see the Government's planned post Brexit immigration policy :)

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I want to clarify what you mean by more control of our Borders, is that literal, in the sense of turning people away at the border, or control of who can work in the UK legally?
When I talk to the blokes up my local, it was not workers they were bothered about, it was asylum seekers.
Quite a few were under the impression that because Germany had accepted a large number of Syrian refugees into their borders, that they would all be eligble to come and live and work here under EU freedom of movement. This is not the case and to be eligible to live and work in the UK under EU rules, they would first have to become German citizens. For people of refugee status in Germany, it takes 3 years before they can apply to get Permanent Resident Status, to achieve it they must be able to speak German to advanced level, be largely self sufficient and be able to accomodate themselves and any Family members. After 5 years, there is a reduction in the level of German Language skills required to attain Permanent Resident Status. This status does not allow freedom of movement to live and work in other EU states, to get that a refugee would have to have been there 8 years, and in addition to the previous language skills and ability to support themselves, will have to pass a Naturalisation test.
In 2018, 3 years after the peak of German refugees arrivals, 1800 applications from people of Refugee status were approved for Permanent Residency.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
she's looks like she just heard a smutty joke, unfortunate look for a politician.

Stage management with Ms Patel. Sorry to be sexist here, but the Home Secretary has an arse like Shaznay Lewis out of All Saints and she knows it. 'Pretty' Priti always smiles. Always. That way you're drawn into her face and not her figure.

If you care to doubt me - don't bother. As a constituent of Hastings & Rye, I am NSC's leading authority on female Home Secretary's having met one in person - I know how they work.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Stage management with Ms Patel. Sorry to be sexist here, but the Home Secretary has an arse like Shaznay Lewis out of All Saints and she knows it. 'Pretty' Priti always smiles. Always. That way you're drawn into her face and not her figure.

If you care to doubt me - don't bother. As a constituent of Hastings & Rye, I am NSC's leading authority on female Home Secretary's having met one in person - I know how they work.

Are you saying that they all have an arse like Shaznay Lewis out of All Saints and know it, as a matter of course? Jacqui Smith, Theresa May and Amber Rudd would have done better to try to keep peoples attention away from their face by smiling with their backside if only they could have managed it.

I have to admit Priti is kind of hot. She comes across to be like a bit of a tyrant, but there is a part of me that wants her to send me a scary letter of Home Office headed paper.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
they can still come but on a Permit system, no more strolling into the UK and phoning a friend # TAKING BACK CONTROL
regards
DF
Just as we can currently 'stroll into' 27 other European countries - an historic right and privilege Brexiteers are, it seems, happy to deny us all.

Apart from (arguably) controlling immigration and restricting our rights to emigrate, what changes are you looking forward to that we could not have made as members of the EU?

It seems to me that we have made or considered numerous enormous legal, constitutional and social changes (some positive, some not, depending on your socio-political point of view) during the past 40 plus years which the EEC/EU have had no influence on whatsoever and that we could continue to make such reforms as members of the EU. Apart from bendy banana style nonsense concocted by Boris Johnson and others or the possibility of significantly reducing our environmental, health, safety, social and labour rights - the real agenda of the Goves, Farage and Moggs - I really cannot see any post EU 'opportunities' we can look forward to or with which you can try to persuade those of us who do not crave greater controls on inward and outward migration.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

I walked, at lunchtime, through Hastings Old Town to the pub, where I read The Sunday Times. Now I saw the front page of today's 'Observer' when picking it up. Like you I fully appreciate a headline like that is to attract middle class drips in M&S or Waitrose to buy it - 'oh daaarlin let's get an Observer ya' - 'okay Felicity.'

As a fellow sad bast*rd who has has made, by and large, an equal amount of posts on this thread in the last 3 and half years that I have and I appreciate that I'm more intelligent, sensible, inclusive and British than you, but what the actual **** has happened to you? You're reduced to dribbling about immigrants and posting desperate links up to Guido Fawkes or The Daily Telegraph. Who the *** reads The Daily Telegraph, let alone subscribe to it? You used to be able to hold court, even though everyone knew you a knuckle dragging numbnut.

:shrug:

You call them 'undemocratic loons' ,I call them 'Tories'' but The Liberal Democrats, are what they are. My Dad first voted Liberal in 1959 and always has since. I called him irrelevant, despite him serving his country in the forces, he called me a ****, but I joined The Labour Party under John Smith as 15 year old in 1993. You're a little Englander. You're faux patrtotism is frankly embarrassing. You're not 'Eurosceptic' because 10 years ago you didn't give a **** about Europe. Well done for killing this country though. :clap2:

Brexit. :facepalm: Welsh Independence - what's your view on property prices and school catchment areas in Monmouthshire incidentally?

Louis MacNeice

Dec 7, 2015
They are some of the stories but unprecedented levels of immigration are also a factor, pretending otherwise is dishonest and pointless because it is true.

Government policy was to heavily discount prices of council housing, to ring fence council housing budgets in order to push up council rents and to ban councils from using the receipts from housing sales to build new properties. It is little wonder that the stock of affordable housing was squeezed and squeezed hard. And this is before you look at any of the changes made to the availability of credit, which served to massively drive up the prices of 'owner occupied' housing ('owner occupied' because that is a euphemism for mortgaged/building society owned, as people found out to their cost). Yet you still want to point the finger at foreigners; they weren't/aren't the ones stuffing up affordable, secure housing provision for their own ideological reasons.

Put simply we create more than enough wealth in this country for everybody, both the settled and the newly arrived, to have a secure, affordable and appropriate roof over their head. It is successive governments very deliberate and purposeful policies relating to housing provision and the availability of credit that have and still stand in the way of achieving this goal.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Are you saying that they all have an arse like Shaznay Lewis out of All Saints and know it, as a matter of course? Jacqui Smith, Theresa May and Amber Rudd would have done better to try to keep peoples attention away from their face by smiling with their backside if only they could have managed it.

I have to admit Priti is kind of hot. She comes across to be like a bit of a tyrant, but there is a part of me that wants her to send me a scary letter of Home Office headed paper.

I can confirm that Amber Rudd does not have an arse like Shaznay Lewis out of All Saints or Ms Patel. Ms Patel is a limited and extreme politician.

Personally my favourite movie ever is 'Predator'. It's an '80's classic. For Ms Patel it's going to be 'Raid on Entebbe' with Charles Bronson. As a daughter of Ugandan refugees, I understand. It's why she unilaterally, as DIFD Secretary, created her own foreign policy, differing from HM Government. She likes Israeli soldiers. I get it.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I walked, at lunchtime, through Hastings Old Town to the pub, where I read The Sunday Times. Now I saw the front page of today's 'Observer' when picking it up. Like you I fully appreciate a headline like that is to attract middle class drips in M&S or Waitrose to buy it - 'oh daaarlin let's get an Observer ya' - 'okay Felicity.'

As a fellow sad bast*rd who has has made, by and large, an equal amount of posts on this thread in the last 3 and half years that I have and I appreciate that I'm more intelligent, sensible, inclusive and British than you, but what the actual **** has happened to you? You're reduced to dribbling about immigrants and posting desperate links up to Guido Fawkes or The Daily Telegraph. Who the *** reads The Daily Telegraph, let alone subscribe to it? You used to be able to hold court, even though everyone knew you a knuckle dragging numbnut.

:shrug:

You call them 'undemocratic loons' ,I call them 'Tories'' but The Liberal Democrats, are what they are. My Dad first voted Liberal in 1959 and always has since. I called him irrelevant, despite him serving his country in the forces, he called me a ****, but I joined The Labour Party under John Smith as 15 year old in 1993. You're a little Englander. You're faux patrtotism is frankly embarrassing. You're not 'Eurosceptic' because 10 years ago you didn't give a **** about Europe. Well done for killing this country though. :clap2:

Brexit. :facepalm: Welsh Independence - what's your view on property prices and school catchment areas in Monmouthshire incidentally?

This is the problem for all to see when landlords serve more than one pint to the immature. Doubtless you will have also seen the other thread from folk who want nothing to do with this one. This pathetic and arrogant post shows why potential posters who might have something good to contribute on both sides, just despair and vote with their feet. And who can blame them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here