Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Boris is starting to cave in.Here comes that soft Brexit.

What do you mean cave in?

Boris’ interest is in being Prime Minister. He’ll do whatever he can to hold onto that job, he’d even back a second referendum if he thought he’d win it.

You didn’t trust him (like PPF) to deliver a No Deal did you?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
A deal which removes our MEPs from the EU Parliament, enables us to join EFTA should we choose, would require us to apply to join the EU if we wanted to.... is...

Brexit In Name And Reality.

BRINAR

:rock:

This is where we should have been 3 years ago

Goliath

Oct 7, 2019
I'm hurt by the many childish insults from Remooooooaners however I am then cheered up by the fact I won and you lost :clap2:

So what shall we talk about here after Oct 31st?Even football?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Didnt take Farage long.

He is worried his money train is up

Varadkar says a new “treaty agreement” is possible by the end of October. We didn’t vote Brexit to leave one EU treaty and sign up to another.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well the noises are that the EU is prepared to talk further, GBP and FTSE250 up strongly.

But lets get real, what are the chances of the ERG/DUP crackpots agreeing to something the EU would agree to?

Does anyone see a way through?

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Didnt take Farage long.

He is worried his money train is up

Varadkar says a new “treaty agreement” is possible by the end of October. We didn’t vote Brexit to leave one EU treaty and sign up to another.

i thought that was exactly the purpose. many treaties with the EU and beyond.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If we are moving towards an NI only CU with standard UK FTA, gonna hurt a lot more the TM's deal to keep us in the CU

UK government thinks this will end up making us ALL £2,250 worse off

Capture.JPG

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we are moving towards an NI only CU with standard UK FTA, gonna hurt a lot more the TM's deal to keep us in the CU

UK government thinks this will end up making us ALL £2,250 worse off

View attachment 116070
Not necessarily.

Very easy to pivot to EFTA membership ( and even paid for EEA access ) once the *withdrawal agreement* is signed.

That is a battle for another day.... no doubt after an election.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Well the noises are that the EU is prepared to talk further, GBP and FTSE250 up strongly.

But lets get real, what are the chances of the ERG/DUP crackpots agreeing to something the EU would agree to?

Does anyone see a way through?

How many Labour/SNP/Lib Dem MP's are going to vote for a hard Brexit deal to offset them? I don't trust Johnson to actually bring back a deal anyway.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm hurt by the many childish insults from Remooooooaners however I am then cheered up by the fact I won and you lost :clap2:

I mean...it's not even fun to point out these things anymore.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How many Labour/SNP/Lib Dem MP's are going to vote for a hard Brexit deal to offset them? I don't trust Johnson to actually bring back a deal anyway.
No one should trust Johnson !

I can still see him weaseling his cherished *no deal* somehow.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
i thought that was exactly the purpose. many treaties with the EU and beyond.

To be able to scream: 'Outrage!' 'Betrayal!' 'Subjugation!' and 'Political Correctness Gone Mad!' as well be able to make comparisons to the Treaty of Versailles and reference to World War 2 is exactly the purpose for Farage - it works very well for him, in fairness.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Somebody very, very stupid

Yes, that* would work.

*other leave-minded morons are available

I'm sure you could abuse your status and confirm it is not me posting as Goliath,but you carry on with your feeble-minded editing of my posts.Or is it the one with anger management issues?:lolol:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The PM will bring back a deal, everyone will be agreed that they are happy with it. Remain MP's who have said, "you don't want a deal, go and get a deal because no deal isn't an option", will now say, "you don't want a deal, this deal must be a trick, we don't trust you, we won't support this deal, it's a trap".

Begs the question, under what circumstances were they ever going to vote for a deal?

None. They want a deal about as much as they want no deal, basically, as much as they want Brexit in the first place. A deal represents the end of the line and us leaving, which means all the rubbish about "we must get a deal" was always disingenuous.

Those on here who want to remain only need to ask themselves, how would you feel about a deal getting through? I'm sure this doesn't apply to all of you, but I would think a lot of you would feel that a deal would be disheartening, because it would mean that Brexit gets done, and no deal would be a better thing for us to be facing because that is so opposed that maybe it's a dead end for Brexit.

I've always felt that that's how MP's feel, I think that's how they have been behaving, and I think it's pretty reckless and the irony is that all along they have been the ones demanding a deal and questioning whether leave MP's ever really wanted one. When in reality the people most opposed to a deal have seemed to me to be remainers (not all of them, but the most die-hard/hard-line ones) who want Brexit to be prevented by way of a deal never having been found.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here