Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
You seem a bit confused to be honest. Which is it - attention to detail, or just putting a cross in a box without any analysis?

Not confused in the slightest.

I voted to Leave, and still do wish to do so. Can't see too much confusion there.

Glad to see that you take note of my posts though.

How much is too much analysis? I mean, where does one draw the line?

Goliath

Oct 7, 2019
It doesn't stop 'him leaving with no deal', it stops 'him leaving with no deal' unless Parliament explicitly approves leaving with no deal. This is not clear abuse.

Lol.You think Parliament might say leave with no deal?????????????????????????????????????

Goliath

Oct 7, 2019
I thought that move was nothing to do with Brexit? That must be true because Johnson said it...

There's only one person to blame if Brexit doesn't happen on 31st October – the Prime Minister. When he came into power he said he would get it done, so if he doesn't it's ALL on him.

To be fair even he wasn't expecting the depths to which Remoaners would go to.Usually we have laws passed for everyone and for years to come.Not a one off law to stop one specific thing from happening once.Too absurd.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If the Remoaners had not tried so hard to destroy Brexit then of course Boris would not have been forced into drastic measures such as shutting down Parliament.

Did Boris Johnson vote for the deal which would have seen the UK leave the EU on all three occasions? What about his Leader of the House? Or any number of prominent Brexiters such as Bill Cash, Owen Patterson, the DUP or Kate Hoey?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Should I ask if he's ever been drinking with an underage Bryan Robson :wink:
Don't frequent this thread often enough to get the reference but what started out as grasping at straws for my degree project turned into an interesting study. Basically there is a school of thought that people have a writing style as unique as their fingerprint. To the point that feeding a neural network data on the works of 12 different authors meant it could fairly accurately recognise the author of different works it had never seen before. Metrics such as average sentence length, average word length, average paragraph length, average number of commas, average position of words in the list of most commonly used words etc. Not only could it differentiate between Enid Blyton and Charles Dickens but also Charles Dickens and Jane Austen, for example.

Not that most of this applies to some of the dribblings on this thread but it does mean I notice patterns of punctuation use and incorrect spellings that aren't typos.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Lol.You think Parliament might say leave with no deal?????????????????????????????????????

That's for Parliament to decide. Given Parliament is sovereign it is their decision, and the Government has to abide by it.

Goliath

Oct 7, 2019
Did Boris Johnson vote for the deal which would have seen the UK leave the EU on all three occasions? What about his Leader of the House? Or any number of prominent Brexiters such as Bill Cash, Owen Patterson, the DUP or Kate Hoey?

As you know they were forced to vote for it because it was looking like otherwise we would have no Brexit of any kind.Even you must see thats a crap choice.

Boris is smart.The thick Remoaners took No Deal away and so messed up our negotiating power.However Boris has kind of brought it back by insisting we are leaving deal or no deal on Oct 31st.The EU clowns don't know if he is bluffing so they have to take him seriously.Clever stuff.

Question:If Boris does not get a deal agreed and the EU say no to an extension then what?does Boris eat prison food because it means we have to leave with no deal.

Goliath

Oct 7, 2019
That's for Parliament to decide. Given Parliament is sovereign it is their decision, and the Government has to abide by it.

Parliament as you know will not agree to no deal.As you know to do that they would have to revoke the law somehow.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
God you Remoaners really do moan.The more people like you insult and you do that because you are ignorant the more joy ones heart is filled with knowing you are upset .
Much easier to post these crap one liners than to take 5 minutes to act like a considered grown-up. I realise that really is the best you can do. You're a stubborn, boorish simpleton - we get it.

What are you even doing on here? You're clearly incapable of engaging with anyone.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
As you know they were forced to vote for it because it was looking like otherwise we would have no Brexit of any kind.Even you must see thats a crap choice.

Boris is smart.The thick Remoaners took No Deal away and so messed up our negotiating power.However Boris has kind of brought it back by insisting we are leaving deal or no deal on Oct 31st.The EU clowns don't know if he is bluffing so they have to take him seriously.Clever stuff.

Question:If Boris does not get a deal agreed and the EU say no to an extension then what?does Boris eat prison food because it means we have to leave with no deal.

Sorry, I can say nothing other than: :rotlf:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Not sure whats funny.

If Johnson is able to convince Parliament that No Deal will be OK we will leave with no deal, if it is OK it should be easy to do. The law doesn't prevent him from doing this as you incorrectly thought.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Did we vote to Leave?Yes.
Should we Leave?Yes
Why?Because we had a democratic vote and we claim to be a democratic country.

I hope Remoaners are getting it finally.
Today's Standard: 74 out of 75 polls this year had a Remain majority and today's says 55% Remain if the referendum was repeated. No wonder you don't want another one

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Did we vote to Leave?Yes.
Should we Leave?Yes
Why?Because we had a democratic vote and we claim to be a democratic country.

I hope Remoaners are getting it finally.

We voted for an alternative relationship with the EU. That new relationship means everything from May’s deal to No Deal, and that’s why parliament is stuck because it can’t find a version of Leave with a mandate. Leave voters who expected a trade deal won’t be happy with no deal and visa Versa which means, mathematically, you cannot please the 52%. You may want to reduce something incredibly complex into something simple so you can really clever quips like ‘remoaners’ but the reality is far more complex.

And re ‘No Deal’, we’ve also had democratic votes where the majority of the electorate voted for parties who ruled out No Deal. I hope you’re finally getting it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

The point was they didn't vote for it. :facepalm:

They wanted their Brexit without a customs union of any kind, despite Parliament being favourable to a customs union option on both sides of the house. Hypocrites, none more so than Nigel Evans, moaning on about Brexit being thwarted by Parliament, voted against his own government's Brexit bill 3 times.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Right, several points raised here.

1. I don't see that as a "crap choice", I see No Brexit as the preferential outcome. However I would be happy with an EFTA / EEA Brexit.

2. Boris Johnson is many things, but "smart" isn't one usually heard. For example, his claims we are leaving on 31st October would mean he is actually prepared to undermine the rule of law in the country. Even if that wasn't already a stupid enough move for a sitting PM, it would also (under the law) make him personally accountable for what happens as a result. Put simply, if I lost my job because of No Deal on 31st I could sue him and win. And so could everyone I work with. And everyone else who loses out financially. Him personally. You really think he's risking that?

3. Having No Deal on the table for two years didn't exactly produce a result you liked, did it?

Yes, potentially. As well as being bankrupted as per the above.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Parliament as you know will not agree to no deal.As you know to do that they would have to revoke the law somehow.

No, the Benn Act explicitly states we can leave with No Deal on 31st October with Parliament's approval. I agree this is not likely, but it is nevertheless an option open if the PM can convince Parliament of the supposed merits of this plan. If he cannot then why should Parliament vote for it?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If the Remoaners had not tried so hard to destroy Brexit then of course Boris would not have been forced into drastic measures such as shutting down Parliament.
To come up with a new law solely to stop him leaving with No Deal is a clear abuse of Parliament and the House of Lords.Going forward it will be interesting to see if it will become the norm that MPs can and will force through these one off laws and stop the government from being effective.

The law does not stop us leaving without a deal, it just requires Parliaments consent to do so, just as leaving with any deal would, and that if he has neither consent to leave without one, nor consent to leave with one, he must ask for an extension.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Who is this new knuckle dragger?
Another thick as shit half wit.
2 Profs probably, it fits.
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Did your kids teach you how to use spellchecker,or do they monitor what you post now?What a Chopper!!:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here