Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
If the Remoaners had not tried so hard to destroy Brexit then of course Boris would not have been forced into drastic measures such as shutting down Parliament.
To come up with a new law solely to stop him leaving with No Deal is a clear abuse of Parliament and the House of Lords.Going forward it will be interesting to see if it will become the norm that MPs can and will force through these one off laws and stop the government from being effective.

Parliament is sovereign so cannot abuse itself.

Stop trolling.

D

Deleted member 2719

If the Remoaners had not tried so hard to destroy Brexit then of course Boris would not have been forced into drastic measures such as shutting down Parliament.
To come up with a new law solely to stop him leaving with No Deal is a clear abuse of Parliament and the House of Lords.Going forward it will be interesting to see if it will become the norm that MPs can and will force through these one off laws and stop the government from being effective.

Dead right.

Every single one of the people involved in the Benn bill should hang their heads in shame, they have handed over so much power to the EU without regard to what the 17.4m voted for.
Now you have a load of remoaners off to disrupt London again.
This really is pathetic and wearing a bit thin now, blood will be spilt and it is inevitable.

There was a Climate change activist moaning this morning about how one of their lot had their finger broken by plod, terrible fecking luck shame the bones that were broken were not considerably more immense.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Remoaners are so touchy.Are you gender neutral by the way?

My guess would be one of the posters who has been shown up in the past to have no idea what is happening, and is far too embarrassed to post any further under that name.

Obviously not one of the brighter ones, and one who has no understanding of the parliamentary democracy that runs our country, but that doesn't narrow it down much :lolol:

But I'm sure we'll find out soon enough :wink:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
My guess would be one of the posters who has been shown up in the past to have no idea what is happening, and is far too embarrassed to post any further under that name.

Obviously not one of the brighter ones, and one who has no understanding of the parliamentary democracy that runs our country, but that doesn't narrow it down much :lolol:

It is Two Plums. Never puts a space after a full stop.

Goliath

Oct 7, 2019

Typical arrogant Remoaner.Bore off.We won you lost.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Nonsense. May’s red lines and the fact there was no clear mandate for Brexit is why Brexit hasn’t happened. Of course, that’s not part of the self-deluding Brexiteer narrative is it. As for the law to stop a disastrous no deal Brexit, they’re just defending democracy. We know how Brexiteers love talking about the “will of the people” and as over half of the electorate voted for parties that ruled out a no deal Brexit, another fact that often gets overlooked, they’re simply doing their jobs.

Goliath

Oct 7, 2019
Nonsense. May’s red lines and the fact there was no clear mandate for Brexit is why Brexit hasn’t happened. Of course, that’s not part of the self-deluding Brexiteer narrative is it. As for the law to stop a disastrous no deal scam rip, they’re just defending democracy. We know how Brexiteers love talking about the “will of the people” and as over half of the electorate voted for parties that ruled out a no deal Brexit, another fact that often gets overlooked, they’re simply doing their jobs.

Did we vote to Leave?Yes.
Should we Leave?Yes
Why?Because we had a democratic vote and we claim to be a democratic country.

I hope Remoaners are getting it finally.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Did we vote to Leave?Yes.
Should we Leave?Yes
Why?Because we had a democratic vote and we claim to be a democratic country.

I hope Remoaners are getting it finally.
Are you Sussex Nomates by any chance?

It's been said before, but like all simpletons, you simply won't pause and reflect. It all bounces off you like a stubborn, unintelligent moron.

I'm a "remoaner" (brilliant, by the way :rolleyes:) but would stomach a Brexit that isn't likely to decimate the country. There are options to make that happen and the reason it hasn't is that the Tories haven't countenanced a deal that respects the Good Friday Agreement and keeps British jobs - those that have been built on being able to hop across borders without attracting tarifs - safe. Staying in a customs union would have done that. Any MP voting for what has been on the table until now is showing dereliction of duty by being bullied into voting for something that clearly isn't in everyone's interests.

So rather than parroting "remoaners" "democracy" and all that shit, why don't you at least pause, and read up on the reasons why a deal hasn't happened.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Dead right.

Every single one of the people involved in the Benn bill should hang their heads in shame, they have handed over so much power to the EU without regard to what the 17.4m voted for.
Now you have a load of remoaners off to disrupt London again.
This really is pathetic and wearing a bit thin now, blood will be spilt and it is inevitable.

There was a Climate change activist moaning this morning about how one of their lot had their finger broken by plod, terrible fecking luck shame the bones that were broken were not considerably more immense.

You've been threatening this for weeks now

gits.jpg

I could see you and Ppf spilling a half of mild maybe, if you lost it completely :lolol:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

It doesn't stop 'him leaving with no deal', it stops 'him leaving with no deal' unless Parliament explicitly approves leaving with no deal. This is not clear abuse.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I thought that move was nothing to do with Brexit? That must be true because Johnson said it...

There's only one person to blame if Brexit doesn't happen on 31st October – the Prime Minister. When he came into power he said he would get it done, so if he doesn't it's ALL on him.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I think the party line is 'Just get it done' and 'We aren't sure about the Irish Border part'

'Get Brexit done' is the current party line. Following on from all the other soundbites - 'Leave Means Leave' 'No Deal Is Better Than A Bad Deal' 'Brexit Means Brexit' etc, etc - it's difficult to keep up with them all.

I read the other day someone writing about this and say that these short, meaningless soundbites, to be repeated endlessly, were first advocated by Hitler in Mein Kampf, in which he wrote:

"The masses find it difficult to understand politics, their intelligence is small. Therefore all effective propaganda must be limited to a very few points. The masses will only remember only the simplest ideas repeated a thousand times over."

Quite scary really.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I'm thinking of starting a poll on the name of Goliath's main account

Suggestions so far,

Sussex Nomates
Two Plums
Baker Lite

(Although, if I remember rightly even [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION] wasn't THAT stupid before he unilaterally left the EU :wink:)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
(Although, if I remember rightly [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION] wasn't THAT stupid before he unilaterally left the EU :wink:)
He puts in too many spaces. Sussex knows how punctuation works. Within minutes of me saying it was him, Two Plums popped up on his actual account.

The clues are there.

birthofanorange

NSC Patreon
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I'm thinking of starting a poll on the name of Goliath's main account

Suggestions so far,

Sussex Nomates
Two Plums
Baker Lite

(Although, if I remember rightly even [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION] wasn't THAT stupid before he unilaterally left the EU :wink:)

Perhaps they pooled their collective brain power and came up with 'Goliath'?

Goliath

Oct 7, 2019
Are you Sussex Nomates by any chance?

It's been said before, but like all simpletons, you simply won't pause and reflect. It all bounces off you like a stubborn, unintelligent moron.

I'm a "remoaner" (brilliant, by the way :rolleyes:) but would stomach a Brexit that isn't likely to decimate the country. There are options to make that happen and the reason it hasn't is that the Tories haven't countenanced a deal that respects the Good Friday Agreement and keeps British jobs - those that have been built on being able to hop across borders without attracting tarifs - safe. Staying in a customs union would have done that. Any MP voting for what has been on the table until now is showing dereliction of duty by being bullied into voting for something that clearly isn't in everyone's interests.

So rather than parroting "remoaners" "democracy" and all that shit, why don't you at least pause, and read up on the reasons why a deal hasn't happened.

God you Remoaners really do moan.The more people like you insult and you do that because you are ignorant the more joy ones heart is filled with knowing you are upset .

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here