Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yes of course Remoaners should grow up and accept democracy.
Farage is just one person.
What's more important is how would a second vote help??It wouldn't.If leave won then Remoaners would continue to moan.If Remoaners won then Leave would rightly ask for a 3rd vote and then this would all drag on for years and years.Perfect.

Democracy is not about first past the post and f*ck the rest it is about compromise and consensus.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Anyone care to tell me how yet another extension would help?
Gives time to have an election and shake up the Parliamentary numbers.

If a coalition Government is then formed, we could have adult negotiators in place - actually negotiating - rather than Mendacious Johnson pretending and having to kowtow to the ERG and DUP.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Time for the Government to follow remainer logic,ignore the referendum result and revoke the GFA!

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Goliath

Oct 7, 2019
Democracy is not about first past the post and f*ck the rest it is about compromise and consensus.

Would that have still been the case if Remain had won?

So does that mean if the Cons win the next election there should be some Labour people in the cabinet?

Goliath

Oct 7, 2019
Gives time to have an election and shake up the Parliamentary numbers.

If a coalition Government is then formed, we could have adult negotiators in place - actually negotiating - rather than Mendacious Johnson pretending and having to kowtow to the ERG and DUP.

And it didn't happen in the last 3 years because?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But the result of the previous vote would have been implemented, prior to the new one taking place and similarly being implemented.
Agreed.

However what is constantly being ignored on here by you and most leavers on here is that leave could have been implemented months ago. All that had to happen was that we needed to negotiate a deal where we remain in the customs union and remain under ECJ juristiction. Not the single market or be a member of the European Parliament, nothing like that.

The only reason we are not out of the EU already is because of a Tory civil war seemingly being won by the ERG and similar dreadful non-democrats.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And it didn't happen in the last 3 years because?
The Borg Queen set impossible and arbitrary red lines, and then Mendacious Johnson only pretended to negotiate in good faith.

Shake up the numbers in Parliament - marginalise the DUP and ERG, and move forward.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1181926881291096066[/TWEET]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
But the result of the previous vote would have been implemented, prior to the new one taking place and similarly being implemented.

So how should we do that then ?

Because, as has become apparent, the majority didn't want TM's deal.

And now the majority don't want (even though it was specifically ruled out by the leave campaign) no deal.

So what is it that the majority voted for. Because, when it comes to the crunch, nobody has come up with a solution which has a provable majority. If only there were a way of finding out what the majority wants.

It's just the last two times I have asked you, you didn't seem to have an answer as to how we could implement the 'result' of the vote. But maybe you didn't see the questions where I quoted you :smile:

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yes of course Remoaners should grow up and accept democracy.
Farage is just one person.
What's more important is how would a second vote help??It wouldn't.If leave won then Remoaners would continue to moan.If Remoaners won then Leave would rightly ask for a 3rd vote and then this would all drag on for years and years.Perfect.

This is like trying to have a conversation with a 5 Watt lightbulb.

Democracy allows people to change their minds. Their own minds-not what The Sun or Mail or Express tell them what to think.

Farage was your Leave figurehead. To say his comments are only the thoughts of one man is stupid. Idiots like you lapped up his bullshit and elevated him to a position where he can spend all day insulting everybody in the European Parliament making it even more difficult to get a leave deal that suits everybody.

Don't be offended if I don't reply to any more of your inane dribblings.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Would that have still been the case if Remain had won?

So does that mean if the Cons win the next election there should be some Labour people in the cabinet?

So, tell me. Are you a brand new poster on NSC who joined yesterday and has dived head first into NSC with the majority of your 2 days of posts coming in the Brexit thread ?

Or are you a second account of someone who has previously been banned or been embarrassed to such an extent that you are unable to post under your original name ?

I wonder which it could be :lolol:

Jan 30, 2008
So how should we do that then ?

Because, as has become apparent, the majority didn't want TM's deal.

And now the majority don't want (even though it was specifically ruled out by the leave campaign) no deal.

So what is it that the majority voted for. Because, when it comes to the crunch, nobody has come up with a solution which has a provable majority. If only there were a way of finding out what the majority wants.

It's just the last two times I have asked you, you didn't seem to have an answer as to how we could implement the 'result' of the vote. But maybe you didn't see the questions where I quoted you :smile:

No one voted for a deal , if we get one that is acceptable fine otherwise we leave on no Deal it couldn't be any simpler than that ,unfortunately people of your ilk are clinging on like shit to a Blanket for EU utopia
Regards
DF

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here