Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Yes, all very well, but that wasn't the thrust of Dingodan's argument. Quite understandably, he, like others, who don't come any more on to this thread, is sick and tired of insults being hurled at him, the like of which he mentions, by the anonymous, cowardly internet mob, who, despite all protestations to the contrary, have little regard for others' views. He wasn't questioning other's right to an opposing view, simply asking that they respect his, not, it would seem, that there is much chance of that.

Yet another reason I'm sick to death of Brexiters. This constant victim mentality, whilst dishing out insults whenever they like. I've insulted Brexiters for being stupid when they've been stupid, and racist when they've been racist. Boo ****ing hoo.

A few brexiters have slinked off of this thread but it's bascially because they've got **** all new to say, have not a single clue how brexit can be implemented sensibly and take no responsibility for what they've foisted on this country without properly thinking it through.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Apologies for lengthy post, but it's fascinating from a legal vs political perspective. A reminder, DAG is not a Remainer and has spent time working for Brexit-supporting MPs, so to suggest he's a "Remoaner" is ignoring his points.

[TWEET]1181457053966929922[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1181457984813195264[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1181459704544993280[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1181461061289033728[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1181461884366721024[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1181463445205635078[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1181464970057453568[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1181466269700280320[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1181467431459594241[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1181468633379348481[/TWEET]

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I doubt it. You have to remember that not everyone is a thick ruddy-faced gammon moron who writes off everything they don't initally understand as "boring".

Hope this helps.

Well Greta seems to quite like thick ruddy faced men crewing her boat,as opposed to pasty-faced gas factories.Have you read her views on the EU,and it's massive contribution to global warming?Not keen on all those German coal-fired power stations,or the massive amounts of gas being transported from Russia to fuel German industry.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yet another reason I'm sick to death of Brexiters. This constant victim mentality, whilst dishing out insults whenever they like. I've insulted Brexiters for being stupid when they've been stupid, and racist when they've been racist. Boo ****ing hoo.

A few brexiters have slinked off of this thread but it's bascially because they've got **** all new to say, have not a single clue how brexit can be implemented sensibly and take no responsibility for what they've foisted on this country without properly thinking it through.
100% correct. Hastings is forever whinging about people insulting him though, best ignored IMO.

On the one hand, you've got simpletons like ppf calling anyone who disagrees with Brexit a "snowflake". On the other, you've got delicate types like Hastings who think we're all plain nasty rather than FRUSTRATED AT THEIR LACK OF THOUGHT or bashlsdir who comes on here with tedious bland Daily Expressisms, gets ripped apart for it and runs off crying.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That is precisely the sort of arrogance I was expecting and so sadly typical of you and your ilk. Yes, there have been insults hurled from all sides, but your guarantee is worthless: I wonder if you recall on another issue, when I dared to disagree with you, that you immediately resorted to name-calling?

You think someone saying "leave supporting posters have no valid argument whatsoever for leaving the EU" is arrogant? I'd say it's a point which you may wish to debate (although the weight of evidence suggests it's on his side).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well Greta seems to quite like thick ruddy faced men crewing her boat,as opposed to pasty-faced gas factories.Have you read her views on the EU,and it's massive contribution to global warming?Not keen on all those German coal-fired power stations,or the massive amounts of gas being transported from Russia to fuel German industry.
No, I haven't read those views. True to form, you appear to be conflating green issues with EU issues. What point are you trying to make?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
There are so many thick, ignorant racists stinking out this country now, I would not be at all surprised if remain lost again.
Half wits like you just keep on proving me right time and time again.

Ignorance is king on the leave side, I don't like to use the word racist too much as it just lets them play the victim card, ie they are all thick and racist which isn't true

The single market (a British idea of course) was a saviour for the UK in resolving the Irish problem. Without a custom union and some kind of close alignment to it I just can't see the UK surviving, it will break up.

Sadly there is too many little Englanders that think this is a worthy sacrifice.

Why is this? Because we're obsessed with nostalgia in this country, sadly it is a false nostalgia that ultimately could well be our undoing

Its been 2 years now of this nationalist tantrum now, going round in circles trying to pretend some parallel universe exists. Whilst I'm not a fan of Corbyn he does grasp that a customs union is the only way Brexit can be delivered without destroying the country

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
A £100 billion deficit looks like money well spent as I get the impression that this is just to 'stand still' and prevent an economic melt-down. This is really, really sensible and need will displaying on, say, the side of a bus, perhaps?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Looks like Angela Merkel just killed off BJ's half-arsed proposals :wave:

It's almost like the Northern Ireland issue is quite complicated and the Good Friday Agreement (being an international recognised treaty) isn't quite as easy to ditch as Brexiters would like.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A £100 billion deficit looks like money well spent as I get the impression that this is just to 'stand still' and prevent an economic melt-down. This is really, really sensible and need will displaying on, say, the side of a bus, perhaps?

UK debt when Tories took over £900B, UK debt today £2200B (2.2 trillion), and yes Boris claimed last week at the conference he had eliminated the debt. That was almost funny...

The national credit card is max'd out. Whether the UK still wants Brexit open to much debate. But can we afford a no deal Brexit?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
REJOICE! We're getting rid of the small band of unelected officials who dominate our country's policy agenda and are unaccountable to Parliament and replacing them with one, unelected official who dominates our country's policy agenda and is unaccountable to Parliament: Mr Cummings.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
UK debt when Tories took over £900B, UK debt today £2200B (2.2 trillion), and yes Boris claimed last week at the conference he had eliminated the debt. That was almost funny...

The national credit card is max'd out. Whether the UK still wants Brexit open to much debate. But can we afford a no deal Brexit?

How an earth could we put such a large figure on the side of a bus? I know: maybe we could use one of those Boris buses that were a foolish waste of money when he was mayor of London??

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The Look of Love _20191008_111920.JPG

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's almost like the Northern Ireland issue is quite complicated and the Good Friday Agreement (being an international recognised treaty) isn't quite as easy to ditch as Brexiters would like.

here's the question that continuously gets ignored, how will the EU deal with the border question in the event of no deal. are they counting on brexit not happening or have a plan? that plan should comply with GFA, so that should be the foundation of a deal.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
here's the question that continuously gets ignored, how will the EU deal with the border question in the event of no deal. are they counting on brexit not happening or have a plan? that plan should comply with GFA, so that should be the foundation of a deal.

In the event of No Deal the border will become a third country border and both sides will have a responsibility to police it accordingly (the EU under their own rules, the UK under those of the WTO unless it's literally planning on throwing open all it's borders to every country in the entire world (for people and goods).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
In the event of No Deal the border will become a third country border and both sides will have a responsibility to police it accordingly (the EU under their own rules, the UK under those of the WTO unless it's literally planning on throwing open all it's borders to every country in the entire world (for people and goods).

and this complies with the GFA?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Well we will be in breach of the GFA an International Peace Agreement, send Boris to the Hague....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here