Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If remain had won would it have been a democratic vote by any chance?

If remain had won would you accept it?

You don't need to answer, we know the answer.

Yes. I would accept it because I want to remain. It still wouldn't have made the referendum any less of an unnecessary ****ing shambles.
So far the only thing the referendum has achieved is to place a bewildered sex yeti in charge of the country.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
That would be the democratic thing to do

Surely then, after that vote - best of 3 would be the democratic thing to do.

After that, best of 5 would be the democractic thing to do.

At which point would you say, Ok we need to go with this result?

Would it be like [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION], when your view wins?

I hate to tell you this, but that actually isn't the democratic thing to do, it's the opposite.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Surely then, after that vote - best of 3 would be the democratic thing to do.

After that, best of 5 would be the democractic thing to do.

At which point would you say, Ok we need to go with this result?

Would it be like [MENTION=37204]the[/MENTION]Clamp, when your view wins?

I hate to tell you this, but that actually isn't the democratic thing to do, it's the opposite.

No, that is too simplistic. The choice is now far clearer, the issues more transparent, the push of the hard right for a new hard Brexit very clear. Bring it on

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Yes. I would accept it because I want to remain. It still wouldn't have made the referendum any less of an unnecessary ****ing shambles.
So far the only thing the referendum has achieved is to place a bewildered sex yeti in charge of the country.

So you just won't accept the result if you don't agree with it. It's not a principled opposition to the process, it's a transparent opposition to the result.

Like any good tyrant, you have no respect for democracy do you?

You are entitled to believe in what ever you want, if tyranny is your thing fair enough, but it baffles me where you get your sense of self righteous moral superiority from.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
No, that is too simplistic. The choice is now far clearer, the issues more transparent, the push of the hard right for a new hard Brexit very clear. Bring it on

Ah, it wasn't clear, but now it is.

What if remain loses though?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So you just won't accept the result if you don't agree with it. It's not a principled opposition to the process, it's a transparent opposition to the result.

Like any good tyrant, you have no respect for democracy do you?

You are entitled to believe in what ever you want, if tyranny is your thing fair enough, but it baffles me where you get your sense of self righteous superiority from.

Let’s see if you can understand if I put it this way;

I didn’t agree with holding the referendum.
It was a farce from both sides.
I don’t accept the result of that farce.
The referendum should never have been held.
I would like to return to a pre-referendum status.

So it’s not so much not liking the result as correcting a mistake.

Government and parliament are in place to look after our best interests. It’s in our best interest to stay in the EU. We vote in governments to look after our interests. Can’t get more democratic than that.

For democracy to work we need to be told the facts and not lied to. The referendum was based on lies. It wasn’t democratic.

I believe in democracy. The referendum was not democratic. Therefore I don’t believe we should be held to it’s result.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Government and parliament are in place to look after our best interests. It’s in our best interest to stay in the EU. We vote in governments to look after our interests. Can’t get more democratic than that.

It was clearly a mistake. As a society we have looked at our naval whilst things happen around us

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Glad you agree.

There needs to be honesty from the Brexiteer leaders. Let’s see, looks like the Tory party are keen to subvert the law .how the mighty have fallen .

What if remain loses the second time? What will we do then?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

The protectors of our interests voted for a referendum, then voted to trigger article 50.

Wait, those were mistakes right?

Be honest, they don't decide what is in our interests.

You do.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
What if remain loses the second time? What will we do then?

With an honest debate about the options as opposed to the lies the great. But pretending People voted for one thing, hard Brexit, when that was not what was being sold is shameless. But I think we are seeing the morales of those at the moment

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The protectors of our interests voted for a referendum, then voted to trigger article 50.

Wait, those were mistakes right?

Be honest, they don't decide what is in our interests.

You do.

We are going round in circles. Good luck with Brexit. I hope you get what you want out of it.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
We are going round in circles. Good luck with Brexit. I hope you get what you want out of it.

You'll get what I want out of it too.

Democratic empowerment.

Please use it responsibly.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There are so many thick, ignorant racists stinking out this country now, I would not be at all surprised if remain lost again.
Half wits like you just keep on proving me right time and time again.

The exact reason the whole thing needs to be revoked and the U.K. put back to normal.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
this issue has been made a hash out of at the highest levels ....typical political bullshit , miss management of the highest degree , western politics is suffering a wholesale glut of idiots currently , and it all comes down to the filthy $$$ at the end of the day.... clueless, millionaire politicians holding the population to ransom.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
There are so many thick, ignorant racists stinking out this country now, I would not be at all surprised if remain lost again.
Half wits like you just keep on proving me right time and time again.

I don't think I deserve to get called a thick, ignorant, racist half wit, when the thrust of my argument is that democracy should be respected.

Why would you treat a fellow albion fan like that for having a different political opinion from you?

You know, it's actually really unpleasant to be abused like that. It's time for me to stop coming on here for a while I think, this kind of thing can't be good for my psychological wellbeing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here