Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought this would get old quite quickly:-

[tweet]1180048368858320896[/tweet]

Seemingly not.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I’ve got a five year old niece who whines less and takes more responsibility for her actions than you do. Boo hoo, it’s everyone else’s fault!
Imagine knowing you in real life. Looooooong.

Thanks. As someone who doesn't actually know me maybe you shouldn't judge me like that. Not to mention that it's not very nice, and I don't actually deserve it for holding a different opinion than yours.

This is so tired and it's showing so many , I'm sure otherwise decent, people up as being incredibly self deceiving and ideological.

Remove your ideological specs for a moment and just ask yourself, did everyone believe when voting in the ref that the result would be what we would do? It would repected? Of course they did, and that goes for everyone.

Shouldn't the result be respected? Whatever you feel about it?

This isn't hard, it's just basic standards of decency and honesty.

I'm not even going to respond to other post replies I have had accusing me of "bullsh*t" etc.

Don't you people realize, you are in the wrong. About staying/leaving europe? Who knows. But about whether it should be done, because we all took part and knew what the score was? Yes you are wrong. If nothing else, having taken part in the vote, it's the only decent thing to do and if you took a step back you would see that, it's obvious.

I'm kind of bored with being called names and absolutely ripped apart and mocked on here for believing in something as simple as respect a democratic vote, by people who seem so self rightous and morally superior, while arguing that we shouldn't.

I've said it before but Brexit has brought the absolute worst out in some people.

Last edited:

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
Thanks. As someone who doesn't actually know me maybe you shouldn't judge me like that. Not to mention that it's not very nice, and I don't actually deserve it for holding a different opinion than yours.

This is so tired and it's showing so many , I'm sure otherwise decent, people up as being incredibly self deceiving and ideological.

Remove your ideological specs for a moment and just ask yourself, did everyone believe when voting in the ref that the result would be what we would do? It would repected? Of course they did, and that goes for everyone.

I'm not even going to respond to other post replies I have had accusing me of "bullsh*t" etc.

Don't you people realize, you are in the wrong. About staying/leaving europe? Who knows. But about whether it should be done, because we all took part and new what the score was? Yes you are wrong. If nothing else, having taken part in the vote, it's the only decent thing to do and if you took a step back you would see that, it's obvious.

I'm kind of bored with being called names and absolutely ripped apart and mocked on here for believing in something as simple as respect a democratic vote, by people who seem so self rightous and morally superior, while arguing that we shouldn't.

I've said it before but Brexit has brought the absolute worst out in some people.

Stand by for replies about being lied to etc while totally ignoring project fear including tax payer funded remain leaflets through our doors.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Better than the great unwashed and people that don't respect a vote and just keep whining like youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Is your keyboard stuck?

The vote has been proved, in the High Court, and admitted by the government's own QC, James Eadie, to be corrupt, so shouldn't be respected.
It should either be re-run or abandoned, with fewer lies.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I honestly think that most people who voted leave did so because of what was written on the bus.
I don't blame them either, the NHS is a very emotive subject.
It's just that they won't admit it now they know it was a lie (along with a few others)
Human nature to admit you were wrong and the longer it goes on the more tricky it gets.
It's like driving sensibly at 30mph and some nugget pulls right out in front of you causing you to break hard, you sound your horn or look at him/her.
Very rarely say sorry, in fact they usually give you the finger or call you a w@nker.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Don't you people realize, you are in the wrong. About staying/leaving europe? Who knows. But about whether it should be done, because we all took part and knew what the score was? Yes you are wrong. If nothing else, having taken part in the vote, it's the only decent thing to do and if you took a step back you would see that, it's obvious.

This democratic vote that has to be 'respected'.

We tried leaving with a deal, and it appears there was no majority for that.

We even tried leaving with no deal (which was specifically ruled out as part of the Leave campaign), and it appears there was no majority for that.

So what should we do now to 'respect' this vote now :shrug:

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Shouldn't the result be respected?
Whatever you feel about it?

Sorry but you continue to use standard Leave MP's rhetoric and sloganising.

Please explain what 'respecting the result' means in practice?

Surely 'respect' is an emotional/psychological response not a practical one. What exactly does 'respecting the result' mean in practice? To me it is a vague, lazy and emotive mantra put out by the Brexit Brigade in the same way these despicable sound boxes suggest that I am 'going against the will of the people' or am a 'remoaner' because 'I lost'.

I 'respect' the result. Now what? I will do what small things I can to limit the damage I believe leaving the EU will do in practice, not out of lack of respect, but because bad choices will hurt a lot of people.

I respectfully suggest you are unwise to link 'standards of decency and honesty' with this political matter - particularly in light of the reputation our PM and leading Brexiter has earned over the years.

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Is your keyboard stuck?

The vote has been proved, in the High Court, and admitted by the government's own QC, James Eadie, to be corrupt, so shouldn't be respected.
It should either be re-run or abandoned, with fewer lies.

Well thats 1-1 then after 1975, which was the most corrupt manipulation in British political history. Three and a bit years compared to 44 years of lying is not very much in the scheme of things, is it?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Given that it's his 34th or 35th appearance on QT, there's been plenty of opportunities!

Wow that many. Does make me laugh how Nick Griffin was treated on BBC QT meanwhile Farage virtually has a season ticket on QT and Any Questions, they practically created his profile

So Farage reckons he's a Greenie at heart saying he is a former member and thinks we need to plant lots of trees. This is the same guy that was slagging off win turbines just 3 or 4 years ago.

He's a one trick racist pony with very little to offer...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Wow that many. Does make me laugh how Nick Griffin was treated on BBC QT meanwhile Farage virtually has a season ticket on QT and Any Questions, they practically created his profile

So Farage reckons he's a Greenie at heart saying he is a former member and thinks we need to plant lots of trees. This is the same guy that was slagging off win turbines just 3 or 4 years ago.

He's a one trick racist pony with very little to offer...

It’s amazing how no one ever calls him out on this.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
It’s amazing how no one ever calls him out on this.

Trump is a good template by which to judge this phenomenon.
If you appeal to perceived 'common sense', with a sense of authority and certainty in a manner suggesting you are a 'man of the people', you can get away with murder, metaphorically and literally.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If you appeal to perceived 'common sense', with a sense of authority and certainty in a manner suggesting you are a 'man of the people', you can get away with murder, metaphorically and literally.

The question is have we reached peak populism? At some point it hits the bottom and all falls apart, just a question of how much we do to ourselves being the grown ups reenter room to clean up the mess....

Nov 14, 2011
Hassocks
Have a break from brexit...look what our local pub is doing for AITC (BHAFC Charity)

Next Thursday night (17th October) The Bull in Ditchling is hosting an exciting 'Brighton and Hove Albion Legends Night'

The evening includes an exclusive question and answer session with Danny Cullip and Guy Butters.

Tickets are £5 and all proceeds go to Albion in The Community who do amazing work in the local community.

Tickets can be purchased via the pubs website on www.thebullditchling.com/event-tickets

Or give the pub a call on 01273 843147.

This will be a great evening for any seagulls fans out there, so make sure you get your hands on some tickets...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

The press call trump out though.

Maybe as trump has actually been able to get elected and Farage hasn’t as an Mp?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The question is have we reached peak populism? At some point it hits the bottom and all falls apart, just a question of how much we do to ourselves being the grown ups reenter room to clean up the mess....

Sadly I don't think so. If we take the 1930s as a guide (and sadly it's a close match) there is a long way we could go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here