Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Interesting conversation with the brand director here at work. He's looking at it from a 'brand Britain' point of view, and whilst true that many on the right in Europe may well have enjoyed the Brexit vote, the centre and left, both in Europe and outside of Europe will be viewing Britain very negatively. We'll need to see how the Dow reacts at 2.30pm, and what the implications for change come October/November if Article 50 is invoked. Should that tip other economies into recession, the Britain will not be viewed positively by other nations. The media outside of the UK has carried stories of leaders advising Britain to remain in the Uk because the potential damage caused by leading could have ramifications for more than just Britain. At a time when we'll want to trade with the rest of the world, we'll also have to manage a damaged brand. I'm still assessing this position, but it was an interesting thought. It's just one of the challenges we'll have to find a way of surmounting as we move forward.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The same as every general election I'd have thought.
Again, the same as most general elections. Parties always lie and tell us how much better it will be if we vote for them, and voters have to make their best guess, when we don't have all the facts. I don't see how this is any different.
Really?
Why bother having a parliament? Why don't we just have a referendum on every decision?

I'll tell you why - because the public aren't informed of all the arguments, they don't have the facts at hand. This was a big decision and it was made amidst a campaign of fear-mongering, bigotry and mistruths on all sides. What is wrong with voting for your local anti-EU candidate and letting them make the decision? Apart from anything else, now that we've had a referendum, the EU have us over a barrel when it comes to negotiation. They know we can't repeal that vote, so we have to leave under any circumstances. We are going to be slaughtered.

Not that this will bother Boris. He's a multi millionaire and now he's going to run the country. Great work everybody.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
THIS FFS.

The general public should NEVER have been allowed to vote on this, and the fact the general public have voted out shows just why.

F**cking divs.

I'm looking forward to the referendum on capital punishment. 65% of the country want hanging brought back. Until one of their own family members is strung up in error, of course.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Just posted this on the other thread, but having seen this thread it seems more appropriate here...

"Interesting conversation with the brand director here at work. He's looking at it from a 'brand Britain' point of view, and whilst true that many on the right in Europe may well have enjoyed the Brexit vote, the centre and left, both in Europe and outside of Europe will be viewing Britain very negatively. We'll need to see how the Dow reacts at 2.30pm, and what the implications for change come October/November if Article 50 is invoked. Should that tip other economies into recession, the Britain will not be viewed positively by other nations. The media outside of the UK has carried stories of leaders advising Britain to remain in the Uk because the potential damage caused by leading could have ramifications for more than just Britain. At a time when we'll want to trade with the rest of the world, we'll also have to manage a damaged brand. I'm still assessing this position, but it was an interesting thought. It's just one of the challenges we'll have to find a way of surmounting as we move forward."

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Junker has properly thrown his toys out. The agreement in February will not take effect and no longer exists. There will be no renegotiation. Exit negotiations must start as soon as possible.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Interesting conversation with the brand director here at work. He's looking at it from a 'brand Britain' point of view, and whilst true that many on the right in Europe may well have enjoyed the Brexit vote, the centre and left, both in Europe and outside of Europe will be viewing Britain very negatively. We'll need to see how the Dow reacts at 2.30pm, and what the implications for change come October/November if Article 50 is invoked. Should that tip other economies into recession, the Britain will not be viewed positively by other nations. The media outside of the UK has carried stories of leaders advising Britain to remain in the Uk because the potential damage caused by leading could have ramifications for more than just Britain. At a time when we'll want to trade with the rest of the world, we'll also have to manage a damaged brand. I'm still assessing this position, but it was an interesting thought. It's just one of the challenges we'll have to find a way of surmounting as we move forward.
Surely other European countries will only be tipped into recession if they fail to negotiate trade agreements?

Europe loves us.

the-cover-of-december-20-001.jpg

Right, wheres my gun.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Surely other European countries will only be tipped into recession if they fail to negotiate trade agreements?

Not exactly. The imbalance caused in the markets can spread. This will lead to many businesses reigning in expenditure and will impact growth. It won't necessarily be immediate. Our actions will naturally affect indices globally. I think this was made clear before the vote. A lot will depend on what happens when UK plc attempts to extract itself from the EU. However, if the damage is already done to certain economies, then naturally the damage is done to the brand. The opportunity now has to be to make positive moves in assuring market confidence and to be loud about this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here