Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It would seem Johnson's deal is 'dead on arrival' in Brussels.

He will blame the EU for not compromising.

However, we chose to leave and furthermore, and most importantly, we knew that such a proposed deal would not have been considered acceptable before we even thought about leaving.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It would seem Johnson's deal is 'dead on arrival' in Brussels.

He will blame the EU for not compromising.

However, we chose to leave and furthermore, and most importantly, we knew that such a proposed deal would not have been considered acceptable before we even thought about leaving.

It's called negotiating in bad faith and no one should be surprised to see that's what this utter scumbag is doing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's called negotiating in bad faith and no one should be surprised to see that's what this utter scumbag is doing.
While all the xenophobes, and I'm being polite, will lap up the 'fact' that the EU left us with no choice.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No real option now other than to parachute in a new PM with the sole task of asking for an extension, before calling an immediate election to shake up Parliament.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No real option now other than to parachute in a new PM with the sole task of asking for an extension, before calling an immediate election to shake up Parliament.

Seems we are being forced in this direction.

However it will be waste of another 3-6 months at least.

2nd referendum is inevitable, and having a GE beforehand (which will produce another hung parliament) will ultimately be a pointless and expensive waste of time.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Anyone else notice that Johnson has gone from Bombastic to Creepy in 24 hours. This is doubtless to support the narrative that he is the helpful, constructive holder of the olive branch whereas those nasty intransigent Europe types (who must have been driven to distraction by the antics of BJ and his pals over the last 3 years) are going to scupper this wonderful deal. Meanwhile the guy that represents manufacturers in N. Ireland described it as the worst possible deal (and even worse than a no deal - which takes some doing).

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You forgot to mention the referendum result which the Tories are implementing, are you ready for Brexit ???
Regards
DF

At least I am grateful for my job so I can be ready for the crash. It's folk like you that I feel sorry for (not you particularly, you're a racist shithead) but folk in your position who live on benefits. It's all out of your hands really. You have to take what you're given.

The immediate act of crashing out is gonna be very tough on benefit claimants' purse strings but the following years of people like Mogg and the new secretary for welfare who are hell bent on, if not dismantling the welfare system then certainly freezing payments and for those on disability benefit....Gawd help you.

So yes, I'm ready IF we crash out. More than ready. As for you, well I suppose you can only hope the next government take pity on you.

Deficit in Funds?

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so in summary, cant leave with a deal, cant leave without a deal. a GE isnt going to change the maths in parliament much, another referendum may find traction but risks leave on deal outcome. who or how does anyone resolve this?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
so in summary, cant leave with a deal, cant leave without a deal. a GE isnt going to change the maths in parliament much, another referendum may find traction but risks leave on deal outcome. who or how does anyone resolve this?

As those with foresight and a modicum of common sense have been saying for four years; Brexit hasn't worked because it can't work. Certainly not in the silly time scale the Tory party has set. Five years minimum would be required. Simple as that, old boy.

Yeah, okay, a few fervid Brexiteers may still hanker after "sovereignty" and "taking back control" but nobody is really up for Brexit. Far too much heartache. It really is time to revoke now. It's time to halt this mess. I mean look what it's done to posters like Wetjeans Seagull et al. Turned them into raving loonies. It's time to stop the madness. It's time. Most will agree.

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Good grief .... it's like having a conversation with a stroppy six year old. So, the 1975 referendum was a vote where the public confirmed they wished to stay in the EEC. Now it's rather obvious you're not a leaver .... so you must be a remainer .... thus you support the result of the 1975 referendum which was remain. There, it wasn't so difficult was it.

Now onto the rest of your diatribe ..... it's rather simple, much like you really, there's a swear filter. Hence you can't call people, or in this case me, a ****. And along the same lines calling me a racist ? Please show me any post where I've been racist ?

I didn't report you to the mods, I doubt anyone did. It was your own stupidity that got you your ban .... and judging by your most recent posts I suspect it won't be long before you get another ban.

Pleased to note that you now disapprove of name calling.... when did this conversion happen?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Anyone else notice that Johnson has gone from Bombastic to Creepy in 24 hours. This is doubtless to support the narrative that he is the helpful, constructive holder of the olive branch whereas those nasty intransigent Europe types (who must have been driven to distraction by the antics of BJ and his pals over the last 3 years) are going to scupper this wonderful deal. Meanwhile the guy that represents manufacturers in N. Ireland described it as the worst possible deal (and even worse than a no deal - which takes some doing).

Johnston has always been creepy. I hope no one is taken in by his faux conciliatory manner; it's as false as his kipper anecdote.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Seems we are being forced in this direction.

However it will be waste of another 3-6 months at least.

2nd referendum is inevitable, and having a GE beforehand (which will produce another hung parliament) will ultimately be a pointless and expensive waste of time.

I am also coming to the conclusion that we will end up with a second referendum. But where does that get us?

Let's say it goes 52:48 to Remain. What then? The Tories and Brexit Party will be mobilising to try again to Leave. Right wing nutjobs out on the streets.

I voted to Leave and if I had LOST the referendum I would have just accepted it and moved on. Many other Leave voters would have done the same. Why? Because we believe in democracy. We had a democratic process and I believe you have to accept the majority decision.

I voted to change the voting system some years ago. I lost and the country is lumbered with FPTP - and look at how well that has worked. But I haven't been marching on the streets to overturn a decision that was made democratically.

Yes, I think we will end up with a second referendum and Remain may well win. But where does that really get us other to make a total mockery of our democracy?

Now who's going to be first with the "thick racist fascist" riposte? Ready.........Steady............GO!!!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

No election should be called until there is a commitment to a confirmatory vote on any agreed deal with the EU (or a no deal).

A GM alone is a very blunt tool to decide Brexit, its not just about party lines we all know that

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

According to the Government we can leave, and we will be leaving in 28 days, no ifs no buts...

D

Deleted member 2719

Maybe there was a time leave had a majority but that has passed years ago and you missed your chance. Now you are just a loud racist minority.
WHAAAAAT are you on about.

Why am I racist?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Oh come off it. We all saw the leave propaganda, the racist advertising by Farage et al.. If you back and support leave you support those views and if you support the views of a racist...well it does not take a genius does it.

No all Brexiters are racist, but pretty much all racists who voted leave in the referendum 2016 are Brexiters. Hard to deny that...

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I see the still flailing moaners have reverted to the racist/xenophobe insults again,whilst supporting an organisation that is an extremist white european cult.The following pictures are self-explanatory,but for the benefit of plook and Chopper,show a total lack of ethnic minority representation and a xenophobic,one could even say fascistic, interest in European culture .

xenophobes.png

14-19.png

19-24.png

Certainly hasn't changed at all from the previous 40 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here