Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Agreed.
The only thing that matters now is that we get the best deal for the future from the EU.

Someone needs to focus on getting it.
That's what I'm doing!

If we all focus on that, thanks to social media the politicians will realise that's all that matters (because they're too stupid to work it out for themselves).

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Motion of no confidence in Corbyn has been tabled. Bye bye Jezza.
That would have happened whether or not we had a referendum... he is a lame duck just filling in before a sturdier candidate took labour into the next general election.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You may have never believed it, but millions chose to.

So, when Farage's 'increased immigration from the Commonwealth' kicks in, your 'free movement of people from the EU' is maintained, and we continue to be bound by our international responsibilities to take our share of refugees, what exactly will the immigration-obsessed amongst the Leave voters have 'won'?
Your contempt.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Except that Juncker has thrown his toys out f the pram and said the process of leaving the EU must start IMMEDIATELY! Ya boo sucks to you Brits.
Article 50 can only be invoked by the member country. So Juncker has no say. He was also hardly likely to be pleased now was he...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
perhaps it was this kind of personal abuse that contributed to the result...

OK. I bite. Ninety per cent of the personal abuse on the referendum threads has come from the Brexit side. You can put it down to excitement, or passion, or lack of vocabulary, or fundamental unpleasantness or whatever you want. What you can't do is imply that the opposite is true. It is this kind of fact-warping that contributed to a lot of heat in the debate and frankly I'm not surprised when a leaver has a go.

Consider this, on a Vote Leave flyer that came through my door the other day.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Your contempt.

Well, they didn't need to put a cross in a box to earn that.

So, again - those people have won nothing.

They have been hoodwinked. A lot of people have not voted for what they think they've voted for, in my opinion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The EU:

When we have a general election, it is up to the losing side to reflect on their mistakes, what they could have done differently, and how they can change for next time. That is what the EU has to do. The EU lost this election. There's no point in them blaming us. If they don't want other countries to leave, they need to look at themselves, what they did wrong and how they can improve.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They have been hoodwinked. A lot of people have not voted for what they think they've voted for, in my opinion.
But that's true of many who voted IN too. Some would have feared that we'll face more terrorist threats, or even a war - that we were safer together. They were hoodwinked too.

Of course there will be some racist idiots that voted leave, but there will also be some people who voted remain because they don't want to associate themselves with the racists. But there are also many people who voted leave because they think it's the best long term option for our country. Of course you think that remaining was the best choice, but you're assuming (even though you'll deny it) that people who disagree cannot be right.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here