Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
people based their vote as per the ballot paper not on TV or press interviews I wouldnt have thought.

Really? So pledges/campaigns/plans/etc. were all utterly irrelevant? So no thought went into making a decision - just tick a box you like the look of?

See, I actually believe that a lot of people voted Leave, because a) they thought it was a 'good idea', and b) because it was all going to be sooooo easy.

But then you knew that too. Silly fellow. :)

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Still people saying about a No Deal Brexit hasnt Boris said that he will put a proposal to the EU very shortly which he is hopeful that they will accept so he hasnt ruled out a deal yet.

ps to answer the above post a deal was never mentioned in the referendum just remain or leave.

I do feel you might end up a little disappointed if you think a new deal will be done. It is certainly possible he will bring back May's deal (with the font changed) and try and get it through parliament (and there is some slight chance of succeeding with that, despite his best efforts to destroy any sympathy across the house) .

I saw Johnson interviewed this morning. The interviewer was very excited in advance because this was the first chance to talk about the new cunning plan (effectively, 'move the border five miles to the left') which had been instantly and comprehensively panned and ridiculed by the EU, Ireland and...well, everyone else in the whole world.

The interview went like this:

Interviewer: I want to ask about the plan you have put forward and the reaction from the EU and Ireland
Johnson: I'm glad you asked that because I want to clarify that is not, in fact, the plan
Interviewer: But ...how..?
Johnson: No idea, but it's not the plan. We have a better plan. A brilliant plan.
Interviewer: What's the better plan then?
Johnson: I can't tell you. It's secret
Interviewer: Oh
Johnson: Yes.
Interviewer: Then I'll have to spend twenty minutes asking about all the accusations against you
Johnson: Sh*t

D

Deleted member 2719

I have realised that the Remainers have been right all along when they say I did not know all the true facts before voting to leave, and it's true!

We WERE lied to apparently - so I decided to do a little research.

I just voted to leave because I thought our sovereignty was being compromised by foreign un-elected masters.

That we were compelled to have unlimited uncontrolled immigration, our laws and export agreements dictated by Brussels bureaucrats - and had to pay eye-watering amounts for the privilege

However... I did not know that more than 10,000 EU officials get paid more than our Prime Minister.

I did not know that, unlike the UK, 18 countries get more back from the EU than they put in.

I did not know that the EU occupies over 45 buildings - 2 of which were purpose built monuments of grandeur and are the largest buildings in Europe.

I did not know that the EU Parliament spends 150 million euros a year moving to Strasbourg every month for 4 days committee meetings - and any attempt to stop this madness is vetoed by France.

I did not know that the EU has had a huge luxury shopping Mall built in Brussels for exclusive use of EU employees

I did not know that every day queues of chauffeur driven cars, with their engines running, wait outside EU establishments while their occupants go in, sign in for their attendance allowance and expenses, then come straight back out and are driven away.

I did not know that many of them (like the Kinnocks) end up as millionaires as a reward for looking the other way!

I did not know that Clegg was lying when he mocked Nigel Farage for saying that an EU army was being planned - and Brussels said all along that it would NEVER happen.

I did not know that the EU had been financing the mass movement of industries from UK to mainland Europe.

I did not know that every member of the EU Council has to swear an Oath of Allegiance to the EU - so they are not a country's representative to the EU.

They are the EU's representative to the country!

I could go on and on but suffice it to say that I have never for a moment doubted the correctness of my decision but I am now more sure than ever.

I am so glad that the Remainers prompted me to look deeper into the bureaucratic absurdity of being in the EU.

Apart from all that, everything's fine and anything Boris does to upset the silly and biased little Speaker and other pant-wetters in Parliament gets my full backing

What a waste of money.......what a waste of money......what a waste of money......

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I have realised that the Remainers have been right all along when they say I did not know all the true facts before voting to leave, and it's true!

I just voted to leave because I thought our sovereignty was being compromised by foreign un-elected masters.

That we were compelled to have unlimited uncontrolled immigration, our laws and export agreements dictated by Brussels bureaucrats - and had to pay eye-watering amounts for the privilege

However... I did not know that more than 10,000 EU officials get paid more than our Prime Minister.

I did not know that, unlike the UK, 18 countries get more back from the EU than they put in.

I did not know that the EU occupies over 45 buildings - 2 of which were purpose built monuments of grandeur and are the largest buildings in Europe.

I did not know that the EU Parliament spends 150 million euros a year moving to Strasbourg every month for 4 days committee meetings - and any attempt to stop this madness is vetoed by France.

I did not know that the EU has had a huge luxury shopping Mall built in Brussels for exclusive use of EU employees

I did not know that every day queues of chauffeur driven cars, with their engines running, wait outside EU establishments while their occupants go in, sign in for their attendance allowance and expenses, then come straight back out and are driven away.

I did not know that many of them (like the Kinnocks) end up as millionaires as a reward for looking the other way!

I did not know that Clegg was lying when he mocked Nigel Farage for saying that an EU army was being planned - and Brussels said all along that it would NEVER happen.

I did not know that the EU had been financing the mass movement of industries from UK to mainland Europe.

I did not know that every member of the EU Council has to swear an Oath of Allegiance to the EU - so they are not a country's representative to the EU.

I could go on and on but suffice it to say that I have never for a moment doubted the correctness of my decision but I am now more sure than ever.

I am so glad that the Remainers prompted me to look deeper into the bureaucratic absurdity of being in the EU.

Apart from all that, everything's fine and anything Boris does to upset the silly and biased little Speaker and other pant-wetters in Parliament gets my full backing

What a waste of money.......what a waste of money......what a waste of money......
Nice copy from

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=385971818701605&id=146677269297729

I guess you run that facebook page ?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

Better start spilling that blood, then, you utter spanner.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

You really are an utter embarrassment to the Leavers.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not true, I think we all know the Lib Dems aren't going to win (which is why they can promise anything) but they would support a Labour majority or minority government policy of holding a second referendum but they would only respect the result if it was Remain. Btw we already had a general election where the two main parties receiving over 80% vote share promised to enact the referendum result .... how many democratic votes does it take before we can leave?

The Lib Dems weren't always a party of undemocratic loons..

“I will forgive no one who does not respect the sovereign voice of the British people once it has spoken, whether it is a majority of one per cent or 20 per cent.

When the British people have spoken you do what they command. Either you believe in democracy or you don’t.”
- Paddy Ashdown

Sigh. Had we stayed in the customs union as Michael Gove said we would if leave won before the referendum, it would have been done and dusted within 6 months of revocation of A50. What this government is doing is completely reckless in the view of the majority of the house of commons, and regardless there are certainly enough leave voters who might not have voted leave had a no-deal Brexit not been talked about as if it could never happen.

The fault lies squarely with the Conservatives. They could still drop some of their absurd red lines, renegotiate and come back for a vote within a month if they chose. I find it absolutely astonishing that intelligent people like you are fully prepared to blame the opposition parties for the current shambles rather than the Conservatives who have not done what is right, found a deal that is palatable to the house, and got it done.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Why does Mouldy keep embarrassing himself :lolol:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Sigh. Had we stayed in the customs union as Michael Gove said we would if leave won before the referendum, it would have been done and dusted within 6 months of revocation of A50. What this government is doing is completely reckless in the view of the majority of the house of commons, and regardless there are certainly enough leave voters who might not have voted leave had a no-deal Brexit not been talked about as if it could never happen.

The fault lies squarely with the Conservatives. They could still drop some of their absurd red lines, renegotiate and come back for a vote within a month if they chose. I find it absolutely astonishing that intelligent people like you are fully prepared to blame the opposition parties for the current shambles rather than the Conservatives who have not done what is right, found a deal that is palatable to the house, and got it done.

Yep, put one appropriate deal in front of Parliament and it will be voted through in no time.

It's very simple and I don't understand why others don't understand and then get OUTRAGED that what they want to happen isn't happening.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yep, put one appropriate deal in front of Parliament and it will be voted through in no time.

It's very simple and I don't understand why others don't understand and then get OUTRAGED that what they want to happen isn't happening.

I dont think that is true as I see this as power struggle to bring the government down and whatever is suggested the opposition will refuse to vote for it..

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I dont think that is true as I see this as power struggle to bring the government down and whatever is suggested the opposition will refuse to vote for it..

If an option is put in front of Parliament that is demonstrably palatable to the opposition parties and they vote against it I would agree with you.

But that isn't what has happend to date.

I guess I would agree that the opposition are making hay while the sun is shining but they have no control over the weather, and in addition this is the system we have, i.e that the opposition oppos (this is our democratic system).

Cross party maybe the answer, but when that happend earlier this year the tory party lost their shit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You are letting your bigotry get in the way of fact. It's quite simple - bring back a deal where we stay in the customs union and there are the numbers in the Commons to get it through. What's more, that would be the right thing to do, and I say that as an obvious remainer.

It is entirely the fault of a selfish, incompetent Tory government that this hasn't happened. But you carry on with your nonsense about Jeremy Corbyn being a terrorist sympathiser rather than stare facts in the face. I'll tell you something else - if no deal happens and we don't stay in the customs union, it will the fault of the Tories if they spawn 1,000 more terrorist sympathisers because they are ripping up the Good Friday Agreement and it really is shameful.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

TM’s deal could have been voted through months ago and we’d be out now if not for the ERG. Now they face the very real prospect of not leaving at all.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Also, if this was simply a power struggle to bring the government down the opposition are going a strange way about it by deliberately acting to not bringing them down!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What one person sees as acceptable, as in Theresa Mays proposal, others do not agree, that is democracy but this has gone beyond that point.

You are right in that when one leave voter thinks Theresa May's proposal is acceptable, others won't. When another Leave voter likes labour's stay in the customs union deal, others won't, and when yet another leave voter thinks we should leave with 'no deal' others won't. You're also right in that this is democracy in action. (It hasn't gone beyond democracy in any way, unless you can explain how).

It's almost as if there is no majority for any of the various flavours of Brexit that fall under the banner 'Leave' :shrug:

If only there was a democratic way of sorting this out :facepalm:

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
What one person sees as acceptable, as in Theresa Mays proposal, others do not agree, that is democracy but this has gone beyond that point.

So one person sees the advisory referendum result as acceptable, and another doesn't. So why does the person that doesn't get labelled as undemocratic?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here