Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
For years and years I've looked at this board and felt sorry for Bens Grandad, so often attacked from all sides for something he writes. Even after the post above I still feel a bit sorry for him but not as much as I feel sorry for my country, facing an election where a million Bens Grandads may well swing it, each one oblivious or careless of the economic, social and reputational damage that has already been done and happy to put their cross in favour of a flaky liar armed with a tabloid message commanding all true Englishmen to rise up against the foreign foes, the lickspittle traitors and the smug elite.

It's comic book politics and much of the world is laughing.

Christ on a bike.
The Lefties are having a fine old time on here today.
No, Johnson is not the kind of person who should be PM of this country, but what does it say when he is favoured to beat a Labour Party led by Corbyn and his Marxist chum McDonnell?
What it says is, Johnson may be a charlatan, but he's still a better bet than a bunch of extremists in a Labour Party full of idealogue nutters.
It really sums up what the general public think of Corbyn and co.
We now have Lincoln Imp blaming a million BG's, because they may not happen to want an extreme left wing party holding the levers of power.
When will they realise that a Labour Party run along centre left lines would undoubtably win a General Election, whilst one run by Corbyn and McDonnell would almost certainly not.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Christ on a bike.
No, Johnson is not the kind of person who should be PM of this country, but what does it say when he is favoured to beat a Labour Party led by Corbyn and his Marxist chum McDonnell?
What it says is, Johnson may be a charlatan, but he's still a better bet than a bunch of extremists in a Labour Party full of idealogue nutters.
We now have Lincoln Imp blaming a million BG's, because they may not happen to want an extreme left wing party holding the levers of power.
When will they realise that a Labour Party run along centre left lines would undoubtably win a General Election, whilst one run by Corbyn and McDonnell would almost certainly not.

Utterly fixated on Corbyn. Nobody has been singing his praises today that I can see. People have been criticising Johnson which always seems to result in your mob whatabouting Corbyn. I loathe Johnson and I don't rate Corbyn as a leader.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Christ on a bike.
Well I'm not a lefty having never voted for Labour.

This is not about ideology or Brexit for me.

Johnson is a wrong'un nothing more nothing less.

I've followed his career for a while, read a few books.

You wouldn't let him look after your bike. Let alone anywhere near your girlfriend or wife.

He is a modern day Jeffrey Archer who also had the blue rinse brigade moist and fooled.

Quite what Boris's suitability for Office has anything to do with Corbyn is beyond me.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
So, in a nutshell, I respect that you have not joined in with these other screaming loonies.
I appreciate your point of views, I am not led by the media, and I have my own opinions, and I believe the future will be bright if we leave on October 31st and if we don't, this country will never reunite again, well certainly not in my lifetime.

I agree, the country will not reunite. How long it takes to recover from what has effectively become a sterile insular idiotic and massively destructive war I do not know.
To say you have not been led by the media is questionable, I'd like to think the same but I've been influenced as has everyone. Assuming you can read and understand what you hear.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Christ on a bike.

I'm afraid you're stereotyping. I am not left wing Labour. I'm not even left wing period. I'm an old school Liberal, sometimes standing to the right of the halfway line. My mother would have been described as a Lincolnshire country Tory, a benign variant of conservatism that mainly seemed to involve standing on your own two feet, spending less than you earn and helping others if there was a surplus. It was a lovely philosophy.

In these extraordinary times I would hold my nose and vote Labour if it would help stop Johnson but to my great good fortune the main opposition candidate in Arundel & South Downs is a Lib Dem.

Do not assume Remainers are 'Lefties '. Some are, some aren't. We're everywhere.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Me too.

I just don’t understand why so many posters are trying to frame remain as left wing.

What’s interesting is that, seemingly, the most left wing and the most right wing posters on this board are leavers.

I'd like to think the most reasoned, fair thinking, are centre (leftish) and a significant proportion of those are European, not insular/nationalist 'English'

I sincerely hope that ground swiftly becomes the majority of the nation full stop. I think it already is but until we have compulsory voting and proportional representation, someone will assist the result for specific gain

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
frogsht.png

Catastrophism?Sounds a perfect description of some on here.Jean-Marc has a lovely way with words.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Christ on a bike.

I'll think you'll find there is only one correct world view acceptable on here ... see entitled liberal left. Any challenge to that outlook sees millions of Lincoln Imp types patronising and chastising others for their political choices while voting for a party that only accepts democratic results when it suits.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
View attachment 115786

Catastrophism?Sounds a perfect description of some on here.Jean-Marc has a lovely way with words.

As reported by the Telegraph and the Express. If you genuinely understood the "politics" surrounding those in charge of Ports here and overseas you wouldn't expect anything less.

Your quote is attributed to the same person who said Chris Grayling is no longer welcome in Calais a few months ago.

You may as go to Southern Rail and their CEO whether they are running their trains successfully.

Their viewpoint is irrelevant. There are only going to say one thing.

Am I an expert ? nope. But I'm very close to someone who is. In that I'm not (or they) making a judgement on their readiness. Just that you wouldn't ask them (the port owners) whether they are or not.

Ports are a world unto themselves. You ain't gonna get any truth from an out of date quote from the Telegraph.

You are surprisingly good I must say in selectively finding newspaper quotes that appear on the surface to back up your arguments. But I'm not fooled, your posts are just part of the new fake news politics where you quote any old shit to back up your arguments.

Last edited:

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Jean-Marc has a lovely way with words.

Are you aware what name your attachment is saved under? Not such a lovely way with words there.

It's from a story in the Telegraph that's over a month old, posting articles without a date is somewhat misleading. It's not new news, and at least at the Dover end does not tally with the Yellowhammer documents.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Are you aware what name your attachment is saved under? Not such a lovely way with words there.

It's from a story in the Telegraph that's over a month old, posting articles without a date is somewhat misleading. It's not new news, and at least at the Dover end does not tally with the Yellowhammer documents.

It's all they've got left.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Worth pointing AGAIN that the stories about Boris's private life after being revealed by The Times, it's hardly a remainer plot.

Murdoch knows a wrong'un when he sees one and he brought down many a Tory MP.

The reality is even Murdoch is hedging his bets with The Times remain and The Sun leave. Funny that the Times is running all the sex scandal with the Sun choosing to ignore it.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Christ on a bike.

Dangerous Marxists like Nye Bevan have really left scars on Britain.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
My point is the vast majority of remainers feel they are vastly superior/intelligent to a leaver.

Unfortunately, anyone who hangs around Westminster with a megaphone trying to disrupt, political broadcasts could be a bit of a NUT JOB.

Another clue is he comes from Port Talbot.

:hilton::sheep::drama:

I would stop digging if I were you.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Christ on a bike.

Mate we get it. You're obsessed with and despise Corbyn and McDonnell.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
View attachment 115786

Cherry picked piece of old news, screenshot and cropped to try and support some point or other you want to make, and saved by yourself as 'frogshit'.

Your hard drive must be a joy to look around.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I'll think you'll find there is only one correct world view acceptable on here ... see entitled liberal left. Any challenge to that outlook sees millions of Lincoln Imp types patronising and chastising others for their political choices while voting for a party that only accepts democratic results when it suits.

I think you might be falling into the same trap that you so readily accuse others of: stereotyping.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here