Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Kill a DFS - now there's a message we can all get behind.

Personally I'd just repatriate them all to Ealing and make them pay compensation for property price rises in Brighton and Hove and across Sussex, plus for all the village Stoolball, Cricket clubs and bonfire societies they've helped destroy, village primary schools closed due to being under subscribed, village shops closed because shopping in one is beneath them, for not using public transport enough and make them pay to bring them all of that back and then make them pay an ongoing and punitive pub levy to convert gastro pubs back into how they were.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Is this a line from the secret final verse that ABBA didn't record but once performed on Top Of The Pops?

With them winning Eurovision in Sussex, you might be on to something there. It almost makes sense thinking about it:

Save old Sussex, kill a DFL, SOS
The love you gave me, nothing else can save me, SOS

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Curious that both clips that feature Dominic Cummings on today's BBC lunchtime news suffer from appallingly blurred sound quality. Coincidence? ???

Positive sign tho eh, that the meejah has finally started talking directly to the organ-grinder, rather than his messy-haired monkey

There are those higher up the food chain than Cummings. Matthew Eliot of 55 Tufton Street for example.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
500 people at £25 a pop says all you need to know about a ramshackled bunch of spivs and chancers.

The quote by Farage of ‘Once Brexit is done, we will take the knife to the pen pushers in Whitehall‘ says more.

Saying that, Brexit Party Ltd’s uncompromising no-deal policy is doing a fine job of splitting the right wing vote.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think the BBC were very wrong to interview this fellow. It is fairly obvious he has learning difficulties.
It's not obvious to me :shrug:
I'm afraid I disagree. I think it more likely that he was overcome with nerves and excitement at the prospect of being on TV.

And I don't believe the BBC would have left themselves open to the consequences if he had. I would have thought certain groups would have been all over them by now if that had been the case.
Indeed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Let's just leave with a deal and get this over and done with.

Maybe Johnson will cut the mustard as an ace negotiator.
So our negotiating position is 'we won't leave without a deal, but we need to leave, so please give us a deal that's not too bad'?

Surely that has zero chance of success.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So our negotiating position is 'we won't leave without a deal, but we need to leave, so please give us a deal that's not too bad'?

Surely that has zero chance of success.
Leaving with *no deal* is the cataclysmic outcome.

Can Johnson show his metal and avoid that disaster ? ???

Maybe he'll notice the deal on the table ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The quote by Farage of ‘Once Brexit is done, we will take the knife to the pen pushers in Whitehall‘ says more.

Saying that, Brexit Party Ltd’s uncompromising no-deal policy is doing a fine job of splitting the right wing vote.

Part of me thinks that’s the plan.

Split the vote so we end up staying in - so he can milk idiots more.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You didn't watch the Video, did you Lawro?

Most of the incitement lays at the door of your remainers, do you really back that behaviour???

If Brexit does not happen this will not go away as the politicians have not fulfilled democracy.
Our country could be at war with one another on every street corner.

Does this not bother you?

Like I have said millions of times this has been coming for ages, you can't just change laws to suit the minority, and not follow up on what the result of the referendum, it will red mist even the calmest person.

Who do you blame though? Voters for diminishing the government's majority in 2017? The government for taking 3 years to realise it didn't have the numbers within it's own ranks to enact a Brexit they negotiated? The opposition for having 13m votes for a 'customs union' brexit that has been ignored as an option altogether by a government hell bent on it's own version that it's own LEAVE MPs wouldn't vote for?

Let's be clear the blame could be laid everywhere. Let us not forget, Boris, Rees-Mogg and their ilk voted AGAINST the deal their party had negotiated for 3 years.

The biggest obstruction to leaving has been those behind Leave. Instead of seeing it as a split vote so we leave, but accept half the country want to stay in the EU, so you leave but with close economic ties and alignment, they've seen it as a mandate to enact whatever they construed leave to mean.

Who you blaming Mouldy?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Who do you blame though? Voters for diminishing the government's majority in 2017? The government for taking 3 years to realise it didn't have the numbers within it's own ranks to enact a Brexit they negotiated? The opposition for having 13m votes for a 'customs union' brexit that has been ignored as an option altogether by a government hell bent on it's own version that it's own LEAVE MPs wouldn't vote for?

Let's be clear the blame could be laid everywhere. Let us not forget, Boris, Rees-Mogg and their ilk voted AGAINST the deal their party had negotiated for 3 years.

The biggest obstruction to leaving has been those behind Leave. Instead of seeing it as a split vote so we leave, but accept half the country want to stay in the EU, so you leave but with close economic ties and alignment, they've seen it as a mandate to enact whatever they construed leave to mean.

Who you blaming Mouldy?

Spot on.

We would be out now if the ERG has voted for the deal.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Leaving with *no deal* is the cataclysmic outcome.

Can Johnson show his metal and avoid that disaster ? ???

Maybe he'll notice the deal on the table ?

The deal on the table is a betrayal according to the Tory ERG and Faridge/The Brexit Party.

If that is the route taken this wont be over and done with.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The deal on the table is a betrayal according to the Tory ERG and Faridge/The Brexit Party.

If that is the route taken this wont be over and done with.
They will never be happy until we are alone in the world being obnoxious to everyone else forevermore. Let's be better than that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Who you blaming Mouldy?
I am so fed up with remainer MPs being blamed for our current state when the simple fact is that a Brexit with the UK staying within a customs union as promised by leave campaigning Michael Gove before the referendum would have seen us leave the EU within 6 months of A50 revocation.

All the remainer MPs have since been guilty of is preventing a no deal Brexit. You can blame Brexiteer MPs for voting against May's deal (three times!) and then for trying to ram a no deal Brexit through the commons unlawfully.

Regardless of these uncomfortable facts, Mouldy - like most Brexiteers - will choose to blame "remoaners" exclusively, I can absolutely guarantee it. Frankly it says more about his own views on democracy and his own lack of intellect than anything else.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here