Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not sure what's been said on here recently, but I and others have said for a long time, this thing is going to kick-off and this will get worse.
Why?
It's really very simple, the politicians are not backing the people's vote, even though they said they would.
Brexiteers have sat back patiently waiting for parliament to sort it out for over 3 years now and we have put up with insults and name-calling, racists, thick, moronic, idiot and so on, the remainder has thrown punches ganging up on the minority in Parliament who are trying to do their job. The EU has dragged it on and threw a few body shots also.
Well surprises surprise, October 31st gets nearer and the remainder have gone hysterical and even celebrated the Supreme Court judgement as if it was the final KO blow, but who was it against? The people who voted for leave, yes 17.4m people.
People like Lucas, Chuka and co were inciting trouble and stirring it all up, well the first time since 2016 we are now seeing that voter feel cheated and at the end of their tether.
It's time they backed a deal if they really care about the citizens of our country.
Personally, I want the cliff jump.
Brexit MUST happen October 31st.

It won’t get worse.

There won’t be blood on the streets

There won’t be protests

If you lose your job with no deal Brexit will you be happy?

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Not sure what's been said on here recently, but I and others have said for a long time, this thing is going to kick-off and this will get worse.
Why?
It's really very simple, the politicians are not backing the people's vote, even though they said they would.
Brexiteers have sat back patiently waiting for parliament to sort it out for over 3 years now and we have put up with insults and name-calling, racists, thick, moronic, idiot and so on, the remainder has thrown punches ganging up on the minority in Parliament who are trying to do their job. The EU has dragged it on and threw a few body shots also.
Well surprises surprise, October 31st gets nearer and the remainder have gone hysterical and even celebrated the Supreme Court judgement as if it was the final KO blow, but who was it against? The people who voted for leave, yes 17.4m people.
People like Lucas, Chuka and co were inciting trouble and stirring it all up, well the first time since 2016 we are now seeing that voter feel cheated and at the end of their tether.
It's time they backed a deal if they really care about the citizens of our country.

Genuine question Mouldy - can you itemize a few laws/regulations/policies or whatever you look forward to the government changing post Brexit (whether with an agreement or via the 'cliff jump you crave) that they could not have done whilst the UK was in the EU?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Why?

They have said no to two versions of Brexit. A Tory WA and a no deal cluster****, which isn't surprising given parliamentary arithmetic and common sense respectively. They would I'm sure back the people's vote if presented with an appropriate option.

Brexiteers have sat back patiently waiting for parliament to sort it out for over 3 years now

No they haven't, we've had marches, cries of 'get on with it' and all kinds of Brexit impatience.

and we have put up with insults and name-calling, racists, thick, moronic, idiot and so on, the remainder has thrown punches ganging up on the minority in Parliament who are trying to do their job.

Both sides are as bad as each other (remoaner, unpatriotic, undemocratic looneys etc.)

The EU has dragged it on and threw a few body shots also.

:shrug:

Well surprises surprise, October 31st gets nearer and the remainder have gone hysterical

Lots of people are getting hysterical, on both sides, including you.

and even celebrated the Supreme Court judgement as if it was the final KO blow, but who was it against? The people who voted for leave, yes 17.4m people.

The supreme Court judgement is unrelated to Brexit on the basis proroguation was nothing to do with Brexit. It was about not abusing power.

Democracy didn't stop in June 2016.

Johnson should put an appropriate deal to Parliament then, simple.

This doesn't surprise me. There is absolutely no reason why Brexit must happen on October 31st. As I said above you are being hysterical.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You seem to be suggesting this absolute cluster**** is Terry May's fault.

Strange times indeed.

Don't be silly, everyone knows this shitshow is 100% down to the 'remoaners'!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Most of them by the looks of it.

As I said I’m no expert but was hoping someone could answer my first question.

I did answer your first question. The Prime Minister asked for an extension which was why it didn't go No Deal after 2 years.

Jan 30, 2008
good to see Boris taking it to the opposition last night in Parliament despite all the flak , there's a lot of deluded people on the opposition benches on borrowed time as was mentioned a Zombie Parliament not worth a **** now,time to clear out the dead wood the public will make sure of that................. GET READY FOR BREXIT
regards
DR

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Why?

There's been a lot of shit posted in this thread over the years, but the insinuation that somehow the Leave side have done little and are holier-than-thou may well be a late entrant for the title 'Most Deluded Thing Ever Written In This Thread™'

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There's been a lot of shit posted in this thread over the years, but the insinuation that somehow the Leave side have done little and are holier-than-thou may well be a late entrant for the title 'Most Deluded Thing Ever Written In This Thread™'

Don't feed the troll.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
I did answer your first question. The Prime Minister asked for an extension which was why it didn't go No Deal after 2 years.

When did she ask for a extension was it after the two years had passed or before?

On a side note didn’t Major Maastricht treaty, Blair Amsterdam treaty and Brown Lisbon treaty also use royal prerogative to sign those without parliament approval.

Seems odd no one took them to the high court eh.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Why?

It seems like I have been wrong all along, leavers aren't stupid, thick and ignorant after all.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Why?

So [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION], it’s 1st November, we haven’t fallen of the cliff, Johnson has had to get an extension until the 31st January 2020, what do you personally do?

Do you
Riot, and if so where?
Civil disobedience, what form will it take?
Complain to your MP?
Write a strongly worded letter to the Daily Express?
Post about the forthcoming tsunami of anger about to be unleashed on every street in the country,on NSC?
Tut, loudly, and carry on?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION], it’s 1st November, we haven’t fallen of the cliff, Johnson has had to get an extension until the 31st January 2020, what do you personally do?

Do you
Riot, and if so where?
Civil disobedience, what form will it take?
Complain to your MP?
Write a strongly worded letter to the Daily Express?
Post about the forthcoming tsunami of anger about to be unleashed on every street in the country,on NSC?
Tut, loudly, and carry on?

Dont feed the troll.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When did she ask for a extension was it after the two years had passed or before?

On a side note didn’t Major Maastricht treaty, Blair Amsterdam treaty and Brown Lisbon treaty also use royal prerogative to sign those without parliament approval.

Seems odd no one took them to the high court eh.

It was obviously before or else we would have left with no deal.

As far as Im aware each treaty was voted for in Parliament although I shall have to look that up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here