Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The 'enemy of the people' is remainers in parliament who are constantly delaying Brexit, hoping to remain. The people voted to Leave it really could not be more clear.

That's a big assumption that leavers are in the pub, your 20 years out of date on that one, clear head here and not smacked out on recreation drugs like the paranoid remainers, thought I would throw and assumption also as it would be rude not to, a better analogy would also be they were wielding axes.

Don't feed the troll.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
I really can't help wishing this was all done and dusted. The grief over the next few years with the divides is going to be highly significant, with extremes becoming more extreme.

But it WOULDN'T be done and dusted would it.

All that would change is we are no longer a member. And we would still be tryign to figure out what type of none member we want to be.

Any deal negotiated with the EU AFTER Brexit would still need to GET THROUGH THE HOUSE.

Jesus.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I really can't help wishing this was all done and dusted. The grief over the next few years with the divides is going to be highly significant, with extremes becoming more extreme.

Not sure about the extremes thing

One thing is for sure if we do go ahead with Brexit whether its a deal or no deal it really is just the end of the beginning. It will dominate the 2020's, its a will of the people. They are going to love it..

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
But it WOULDN'T be done and dusted would it.

All that would change is we are no longer a member. And we would still be tryign to figure out what type of none member we want to be.

Any deal negotiated with the EU AFTER Brexit would still need to GET THROUGH THE HOUSE.

Jesus.

Might help if you read it, if you can that is.

My point is, that owing to the fact that the deal has been scuppered, sabotaged and delayed...voters will become more miffed.

That clear enough?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Not sure about the extremes thing

One thing is for sure if we do go ahead with Brexit whether its a deal or no deal it really is just the end of the beginning. It will dominate the 2020's, its a will of the people. They are going to love it..

I admire your faith that Leavers will just shrug their shoulders, say Hey-Ho and wander off into the sunset. I'm too old to care, money has been made so we move on.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

All entirely avoidable of course, had the Conservatives simply delivered the Brexit that their main leave campaigner Michael Gove said he was campaigning for when he said:

There is a free trade zone stretching from Iceland to Turkey that all European nations have access to, regardless of whether they are in or out of the euro or EU. After we vote to leave we will remain in this zone.

So out of the single market but inside the customs union. It would have meant the GFA was being respected and Parliament would have delivered that about 2 years ago. But the Tories then said AFTER the vote that we had to leave the customs union as well. This changed everything I'm afraid.

The fault lies with the gutless conservatives for cowtowing to powerful people within their party and in the media who are blatantly only looking after themselves and peddling this myth to the British public that MPs are subverting the will of the people.

I'll say it again. go back to the negotiating table without the absurd Tory self-imposed red lines and a sensible Brexit will be done within 6 months.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Might help if you read it, if you can that is.

My point is, that owing to the fact that the deal has been scuppered, sabotaged and delayed...voters will become more miffed.

That clear enough?

No because being miffed is not a justification for nonsense.

It will not be done with after Brexit and so people will continue to be miffed.

Unless a deal is agreed before hand. But that requires negotiations.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Geoffrey Cox getting a hilarious roasting in the Commons.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The 'enemy of the people' is remainers in parliament who are constantly delaying Brexit, hoping to remain. The people voted to Leave it really could not be more clear.

That's a big assumption that leavers are in the pub, your 20 years out of date on that one, clear head here and not smacked out on recreation drugs like the paranoid remainers, thought I would throw and assumption also as it would be rude not to, a better analogy would also be they were wielding axes.

Not even the local Spoons?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I admire your faith that Leavers will just shrug their shoulders, say Hey-Ho and wander off into the sunset..

But right now, you are expecting EXACTLY that, of:

- All Remain voters
- All those who voted Leave based on the Leave campaign's promised outcome (including customs union)

You're a hypocrite.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A troll usually has little or no interest in contributing to the development of the site in question and is interested in some or all of the following:

Deliberately angering people.
Making people act or say things that are considered obvious causing the individual to appear stupid to others witnessing the discussion.
Breaking the normal flow of debate/discussion.
Disrupting the “smooth” operation of the site.
Deliberately being annoying for the sake of being obnoxious. For instance, using abusive names to refer to all the members on the site.
Pretending to be profoundly ignorant or stupid, gleaning some weird sense of having "won" when other users subsequently come to believe this.
Making itself the main topic of interest or discussion.

I think we can recognise at least two people who fit into these descriptions, who have posted today.
Yes, and no doubt the *troll means troll* bot will be along later to bore everyone senseless.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Brexit Party may have disappeared but the rich tax avoiding backers would still be there, racist Farage would still be looking for a way to leverage disharmony and of course the people who vote for this sort of thing would still be living amongst us.

If it's done 1 good thing, Brexit has drawn aside the veil on the true nature of the British people, and it's not a nice thing to behold.

It has become clear that we live in a country full of tossers - who before social media were pretty much invisible.

Oh well, maybe Putin will fry our internet soon and life can go back to the glorious good old days *sigh*.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I have been done over by three appeal judges and a crown court one before and now these muppets.

Judges make mistakes, and these eleven will have done more damage than any in history.

First they came...

'Enemies of the people'

Sounds like a transcript from the 30s.

Or folk have swallowed copies of The Sun.

The poll of polls say 30% think Johnson was right. So we can safely conclude yours is not a majority view.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
A more considered reply to you extraordinary comment....

I accept Boris does not 'want' Brexit - before he came out in favour he had barely mentioned it as an issue and had a track record of being pro-EU. However, he is now absolutely committed to deliver it. If you were correct the inference would be he is trying to ensure Brexit does not happen. I think this is nonsense.

Consider, he manages to prevent Brexit (that is impossible by the way - he would need to declare what he's doing - he is self serving not insane). Or (more realistically) he successfully gets the EU to agree an extension till January. At that point Corbyn will table a no confidence vote and force an election. Boris would then be up against the Brexit party for failing to hard Brexit at the end of October.

No, Boris MUST hard brexit at the end of October in order to ensure he does not have to face Farrage in a general election.

You then argue that you think Boris will leave with a deal. Really? By the end of October? How? You realise that Boris and chums have not proposed anything to the EU? They have no plan and no likely plan. All they have said is they will bin the backstop. The EU will not agree to that.....

Finally if he does leave with no deal (a possibility you eventually concede) all my comments are correct, not redundant, shirley? Leave with no deal is my take on his plan.....so....unless I am losing the powers of language how can my prediction be redundant if it turns out to be correct?

So, with all the respect I can muster, I have had quite a few different drinks in my life but I'd give a swerve to whatever you have been on because it appears to contain the psychedlic products of unnatural fermentation :lolol: :thumbsup:

Thanks for a more considered response after you initial curt dismissal of my comments. I wasn't expecting it – you simply asked me 'how do we prevent Boris fluffing the negotiation on purpose and our tumbling out with no deal on the 31st?' and I gave you my thoughts. You think it's nonsense that Johnson 'is trying to ensure Brexit does not happen', I say that is still a possibility. The guy lied to the Queen and is now suggesting that the most senior judges in the land are corrupt, FFS! He can be as 'committed to it' as much as he likes – doesn't mean it's going to happen.

You say that I argued that I thought 'Boris will leave with a deal'. Where did I write that? What I ACTUALLY said was that he WOULDN'T leave WITHOUT a deal. I'm not suggesting he is going to get one over the line by the end of October, I'm merely pointing out that he won't 'crash out' or leave on no deal. (I would add that you seem very sure he won't get a deal, despite the fact that he goes on about how he's working on a deal and are 'close', etc, etc. That's kinda why I don't believe a word he says.)

My 'redundant' comment goes back to your original question. You asked me 'how do we prevent Boris fluffing the negotiation on purpose and our tumbling out with no deal on the 31st?' If we've left, then I can't answer that question, can I? :shrug: Actually, to be fair I can see where you're coming from on that one – in my early morning haze it made sense... So how do we prevent him? We don't. He's a law unto himself and I don't think anyone knows where they stand with him. Today, he could resign, come out fighting or streak through the HoP – no-one knows what is going through his bizarre brain.

D

Deleted member 2719

Attachments

• roasting.PNG
    roasting.PNG
    28.6 KB · Views: 92

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here