Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It seems like one WUM Brexiteer has moved into this thread, while an awful lot more have moved out.

Leave Means Leaves.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Could Boris resign and hand over to Jacob Rees-Mogg without any leadership election etc? Same menu different chef.

Hang on – a little while ago you said he wouldn't resign and he shouldn't! Now you're asking whether he could simply pass it onto his mate to (possibly) make an even BIGGER balls-up of it? :lolol:

You also said he shouldn't resign because he was acting on advice from advisors. I'm sorry, but the buck stops with him – he's the chuffing PM FFS! The bloke who's meant to be in charge. He gets paid to literally make those decisions, taking into account the information before him. I'm not sure how ANYONE could defend him...

He's royally screwed up. If it was Corbyn in his position, the 'other side' would be on him like a tonne of bricks to piss off asap. Johnson is a buffoon who has been found out and made an example of – admittedly much quicker than I thought he would've been.

People said when he got the job he would be 'entertaining'. I think that's the one thing he's managed to deliver on :bigwave:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
D7U9zQIWsAEcxgk.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well it was certainly worth the 4 day wait since your last Brexit missive for that extremely critical and absolute game changer of a post. I'm sure that knowing that, many people will now totally re-examine their position on Brexit :thumbsup:

As worthwhile as your repetitive questions then. If I were [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] I'd be offering you a hat but instead I'll offer you these, far more appropriate for the office boy.

Paperclips.png

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
What you and others will not accept is that he wouldnt have made the decision on his own back with out advice.

I do accept that he did not do it all by himself. I would be extremely worried if he had not taken advice.

As it happens, his advisers were WRONG, which seemed as obvious as the nose on your face to me and multitudes of others. To pretend that a 5 week prorogation was needed for the preparation of the Queen's Speech was a nonsense. In the Judgement this morning, Lady Hale said that this normally needs 4 to 6 DAYS.

The whole process of calling for the prorogation was dubious - three Privy Councillors flying up to Scotland separately so that no one could twig what was going on. That is hardly open and above board. These are the people who are traitors, perhaps, because they are seeking to subvert the workings of our parliamentary democracy.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Well you day dreamers need to be kept in the loop, glad i can be of assistance , keeping it real since 2008:thumbsup:
Regards
DF

Was that the date of your last software upgrade?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As worthwhile as your repetitive questions then. If I were [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] I'd be offering you a hat but instead I'll offer you these, far more appropriate for the office boy.

View attachment 115603

I remember the days when you used to give your benefits of leaving, what you thought was going to happen, how we would manage the NI border problem and you would make predictions about the deal we would get and the timescales for when we were going to leave. These days it's a farcical point about shark's fin soup, with corresponding thumbs up from Ppf :shrug:

Sadly, as your Brexit position has slowly aligned with [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] so have your posts. This post does somehow seem appropriate as your contributions to this thread are now about as meaningful as those two.

I told you I haven't touched a paper clip since I retired 10 years ago, but the fact that I may once have supplied government departments with paper clips (or was it tea bags) still winds you up :lolol:

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No they sent traitors to the Tower not lauded them in courts.

Well no. Not 40 years after the death of Elizabeth, a monarch tried to over-rule parliament. Far from being sent to the Tower, Speaker Lenthall is lauded as one of the great Speakers - if not the greatest.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I can see him struggling for a gig this year

Plymouth have Brian Conley and Rusty Lee
Lyme Regis have Germaine Greer and Oliver Letwin
Cambridge have Jonnie Peacock and Tom Korni
Brighton have Boy George and Antony Cotton
and even Hailsham have Jimmy "It's the way I tell 'em" Cricket

Although I still don't understand why Plymouth get first choice every bloody year :angry:

Wasn’t that frank Carson not jimmy cricket...wasn’t he “ come here, come here, listen to this”?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here