Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The silver lining of a heavy defeat for Corbyn would probably mean the re-birth of Labour. But would that mean a big win for the Tories, now an extreme Nationalist party that will lead to the break up of our country.

I'm struggling to see a good outcome...

Mmm, I understand that, but a heavy defeat for Corbyn would hopefully lead to the formation of a decent and proper Opposition, capable of winning an election.
I admit I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that if the Tories won by a reasonable margin in a GE, we would see a gradual reintegration of broader church Conservatives in positions of power before too long. The expulsion of 21 MP's was ridiculous. Bridges will have to be built.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I've always been an ardent remainer and believe that revoking Article 50 ASAP would be the best thing for Britain. ('No deal' being a complete unmitigated and long term financial disaster and any 'good deal' will leave us under, at the very least, a significant proportion of EU regulations with no input).

Whatever happens, there will be a large number of angry people, but I think the only way to minimise that number is by having a second referendum with detailed, implementable options. If a solution ends up with a significantly higher proportion that 52% it has to be an improvement on the current situation and if it doesn't the country is still divided but at least we have an agreed implementable solution. It's not what I want but I can't see any downside :shrug:

There is no good outcome, the Tory tantrum over Europe has spilled over and completely divided our country. In my own family my sister and my mother are now not talking, first the referendum, then the vote for "Trump-Lite" Boris, followed by re-endorsement despite lie after lie....

We really need a vote on what leave actually means, not a vote against a pack of lies that could never be delivered

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Watford, Sussex and Bold, as I have said many times before, I am no fan Of Boris Johnson, but step away from your entrenched positions and really ask yourself, are Corbyn and McDonnell the right people to be running this country? The point I am trying to make is that a hard Left Government is not what the country needs. By all means , let us have a centre left Government, but not a hard left one. A heavy defeat for Corbyn may lead to the end of this extremism( that appeals to very few in this country,) and the rebirth of Labour as a responsible party fit to govern.
You all come over as fairly hard left, but I may be wrong. You may be happy to support a regime of idealogues, who are more interested in keeping control of the Party rather than forming a Government, I don't know!

I'll take a Corbyn Government and a 2nd referendum with a sensible EEA/CU v Remain (See Yanis Varoufakis's views on Newsnight last night) over a Johnson 'hard right' Government (Phillip Hammond's words, not mine) his English nationalism and his no deal fantasies. I would love Brexit to vanish, but I'm afraid I only see a further referendum as the way out of this.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
You all come over as fairly hard left, but I may be wrong.

What a ridiculous comment.

Your entire argument seems to be that tried and tested one of Conservative thinking that the tories are a safe pair of hands whilst Labour leads to chaos. That's wearing very very thin with the mess the current government has got this country in.
I'm no Corbyn fan but I can't see anyone else dragging this country further down than the Tories have already.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
"Boris fought the law and the law won."

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Daily Mail will implode!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What a ridiculous comment.

Your entire argument seems to be that tried and tested one of Conservative thinking that the tories are a safe pair of hands whilst Labour leads to chaos. That's wearing very very thin with the mess the current government has got this country in.
I'm no Corbyn fan but I can't see anyone else dragging this country further down than the Tories have already.

As I said to you last week [MENTION=13368]BLOCK F[/MENTION], you have a massive blind spot when it comes to the Conservatives. This is arguably the worst administration in living memory and you don't have to be an apologist for the hard left to see that even a Corbyn led government would do considerably less harm to the nation than this utter disgrace of a government that has lied, bullied and dictated it's way to the current shambles.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I haven’t spoken to my mother in law once since the Brexit vote.

I hadn’t spoken to her for 3 years previous either because she a cow.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
In Crawley, it's Labour or Tory, so I may vote Labour as the lesser evil.

You do realise that this will make you a facilitator/supporter of anti-semitism? The Genius has made that very clear. (Using his logic Lord only knows what he is supporting/facilitating by backing the Brexit Party.)

I would vote the same as you if I lived in Crawley but being in Arun & South Downs I am able to vote for who I really want. Unfortunately the Lib Dems aren't electorally strong enough to do the Remain heavy lifting and by ensuring Corbyn will lead the Labour Party into the next election Momentum have made it unlikely that Labour will be either.

It's supremely ironic - the ERG stopped us having Brexit in March and now Momentum are stopping the Labour Party winning an election.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Supreme Court hasn't said he lied though.

He won't resign.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here