Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No, you didnt.
You heard a UK MEP Say they were punishing us. You did not hear any EU official say they would punish us.
Stop telling porkies Dripping Foreskin.

Ah, how wrong you are. Go and watch the 3 part behind the scenes at the EU documentary on iPlayer and come back and say an EU official didn't say "we should punish them".

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Ipso and Mori have returned the same figures.

I assume that means for once you'll accept the YouGov figures as well ? How strange they are the same ….. somewhat puts paid to your conspiracy theory.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I assume that means for once you'll accept the YouGov figures as well ? How strange they are the same ….. somewhat puts paid to your conspiracy theory.

Well almost the same...

Capture.JPG

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
When according to the news if it goes against him Boris could recall and then suspend parliament again to take up time until the Queens Speech on 14th October.

Would that make you like him more?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
When according to the news if it goes against him Boris could recall and then suspend parliament again to take up time until the Queens Speech on 14th October.

There's a good deal of discussion as to whether he could do that. It sounds like if the case goes against the government, the SC will put forward suitable action. One idea being discussed is that the Speaker and the Lord Speaker could recall parliament without the PM having any say.

But that's all for the future. We await the judgment and any remedy, if the plaintiff wins

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So...I make it BoJo and Nige would have a healthy total to get the job done.

The last time Nige's oddballs got 10% in an election they got one seat.

The irony is it is the European voting system that put UKIP on the map, Nige failed 7 times to win a Westminster seat

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Stephen Barclay now looking for an extension til end of 2020. As a number of us suggested would happen about 6 months ago.

End of 2020 means 4 1/2 years after the vote. Ludicrous for anyone to suggest there is a mandate anymore. 2nd ref looking all but inevitable, should this extension be granted.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I haven't got a conspiracy theory. YouGov was founded by a Tory MP. Polls will reflect the demographic that is asked.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think, in the current climate, that there is a marked difference between UKIP back then and The Brexit Party with their aims. As you say, only way to tell is a GE.

Well it depends what you want. If it is to get the job done,

So...I make it BoJo and Nige would have a healthy total to get the job done.

Then a referendum with detailed implementable options (Remain, TM's deal, Johnson's No deal) would probably be your best bet, because as we have seen, another GE and a hung parliament (or just parliamentary democracy) does not necessarily get you what you want.

After all, TM had a healthy majority and could have easily have got her Leave plan through. Then she called a GE looking to increase her majority, the DUP climbed on board, the ERG refused to back leaving, and look where we are now :shrug:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Well it depends what you want. If it is to get the job done, then

Then a referendum with detailed options (Remain, TM's deal, Johnson's No deal) would probably be your best bet, because as we have seen, another GE and a hung parliament (or just parliament democracy) does not get you what you want.

Glad you're still here to clarify things. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here