Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think you'd have to take that on a case by case basis. In this instance I'd side with the Chair of the British Medical Association over any others I can think of.

in this instance i know he's abusing his position of authority, yet indifferent to the leave cause.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
We really don't need to worry about the redacted point #15 from Yellowhammer;

15. Facing EU tariffs makes petrol exports to the EU uncompetitive. Industry had plans to mitigate the impact on refinery margins and profitability but UK Government policy to set petrol import tariffs at 0% inadvertently undermines these plans. ‘This leads to significant financial losses and announcement of two refinery closures (and transition to import terminals) and direct job losses (about 2,000). The bit that Boris doesn’t want you to see is about petrol exports to the EU (Picture: AFP) ‘Resulting strike action at refineries would lead to disruptions to fuel availability for 1-2 weeks in the regions directly supplied by the refineries.’

It's really absolutely nothing to worry about, and probably why they blanked they out so we'd ignore it. :facepalm:

This is just one big cluster**** of the highest order.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This is an absolute con from the government, currently you can go anywhere in the EU and buy almost whatever you want and bring it back duty free. If tax is paid on the purchase in the country where you bought it the British Customs can't touch you unless you take the piss and come back with say, 6 crates of Vodka.

The moment we leave the EU it appears we will get the right to buy ( If we go back to the old pre-EU rules) a litre of spirits OR 6 bottles of wine Duty Free each way . If you load up your car in France with the cheap and plentiful wine and bring it back we will have to pay duty on it when you return thus wiping out any savings

. There was talk that the Great British Booze Cruise will be back but that's all crap as Booze Cruises offered you the benefit of Duty Free shopping onboard your ferry PLUS cheap booze,fags and baccy in France,and that little loophole is now closed.

Yeah couldn't believe the headlines about "The Return of the Booze Cruise", nothing could be further from the truth.

This is where Cummins has got it all wrong, he thinks he can treat people like idiots and get away with it. It ain't working Dom...

D

Deleted member 22389

He's right though. I can only think of around 3 leavers on here who attempt to answer difficult questions. bashlsdir is undoubtedly one of the worst though, as he regularly just casually drops in nonsensical drivel but absolutely never sees fit to have it scrutinised.

May be, if you where not so bloody rude to me all time. I'm not going to sit here being called thick, a ****wit and so on. Its not very nice is it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How would you know ? You have every leaver on ignore :facepalm:

I didn't know you were a remainer. If not, why respond to someone who has, according to your understanding, you on ignore? Guess what, he won't read your reply :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He's right though. I can only think of around 3 leavers on here who attempt to answer difficult questions. bashlsdir is undoubtedly one of the worst though, as he regularly just casually drops in nonsensical drivel but absolutely never sees fit to have it scrutinised.

Yep. I’ve noticed Mo and Nomad have gone completely silent when asked to debunk yellowhammer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Cheers for that.

Forgive me if I've not understood the letter but isn't it agreeing with the BMA chair?

the BMA outright said air freight hasn't been done, this seeks assurance issues from trials will be resolved. elsewhere air freight is used anyway.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
the BMA outright said air freight hasn't been done, this seeks assurance issues from trials will be resolved. elsewhere air freight is used anyway.

Ah I see! I took his "this has never been before" to mean "we've not done it this way successfully before".

Interesting that he didn't mention anything about the trials detailed in the letter.

Cheers, it's nice to have an actual discussion in this dumpster fire of a thread.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Utterly shocking that STILL nobody knows where Corbyn stands on Brexit. Rabbit caught in the headlights or what?

i think we all know, its on the fence.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I didn't know you were a remainer. If not, why respond to someone who has, according to your understanding, you on ignore? Guess what, he won't read your reply :shrug:

Ah Harry, I know he has me on ignore because he posted his ignore list BUT I know those of you that have ignore lists often have sneaky peaks :wink:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So Defra refuses a FOI regarding disruption to food supplies in case it damages negotiations. Now, I wonder if that means there are going to be huge issues or not?

Why else would you keep it a secret ffs.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So Defra refuses a FOI regarding disruption to food supplies in case it damages negotiations. Now, I wonder if that means there are going to be huge issues or not?

Why else would you keep it a secret ffs.

"It's so bad we're not even willing to tell you" sounds even worse that just showing the awful truth.

We're now at the point where No Dealers are saying "See? Not that bad! Probably only really, really, really, really, really shit after all. GUTTED REMOANERS"

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here