Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
... and around we go. Even if all Leavers agreed it would only be the will of 52% of the voters in 2016 and not the cliched 'will of the people'; but not all Leavers want the same outcome, further dividing the 'winning lobby'.
Some Leave advocates will not accept no deal, others will accept nothing else.
There is no majority for anything. You view is as valid as anyone else's .... there just aren't enough people who agree with you to put it into practice - any more than there are enough people who agree with me that the leave options are all really bad and we need to forget it.......

Lever, you write like a thoroughly decent person and I respect you, however, we were given a choice, we took the choice and the consequences thereafter are totally down to the decision we made three years ago, not for anything else.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Lever, you write like a thoroughly decent person and I respect you, however, we were given a choice, we took the choice and the consequences thereafter are totally down to the decision we made three years ago, not for anything else.

Thank you for politeness Sussex Nomad.
The consequences are indeed down to that decision. But what exactly (in practice) was that decision...... who knows?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The consequences are indeed down to that decision. But what exactly (in practice) was that decision...... who knows?

The decision HAS TO BE that of the referendum and nothing else.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
May I interrupt with a question?

On the basis that a law designed to stop a no-deal Brexit on 31 October has been passed, if there is neither an acceptable deal nor a request for more time, could the EU say something like 'we can't permit a no-deal as that would be an invalid default position due to illegality'?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Well, as you have clearly pointed out, there is no way of actually knowing what the will of the people was.

I'm aware of Leave posters on NSC who definitely wanted a deal and didn't want no deal, posters who wanted no deal but definitely didn't want a deal, Ones who weren't bothered either way and ones who had preferences based on the details of what the deal was and what preparation had been done for 'no deal'.

But we definitely have to implement the results of the referendum and what they voted for :facepalm:

If only there was a practical way to find out exactly what the will of the people is :whistle:

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

On the basis that a law designed to stop a no-deal Brexit on 31 October has been passed, if there is neither an acceptable deal nor a request for more time, could the EU say something like 'we can't permit a no-deal as that would be an invalid default position due to illegality'?

I would love the EU to tell us to do one. All my worlds would come together in one motion. But they can't leave us, we are to important to them.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

With respect, I will close this particular debate by saying the referendum edict was vague but by definition its execution will be precise and will not represent the will of the majority............ and the nation will remain divided.

Jan 30, 2008
You seem to be caught up in your own verbosity again Dim Fellow. Reflect a bit longer before posting and you will be more coherent.... you can do it if you try!

You've got some front calling people dim after those two pathetic characters performance last night ,utter disgrace both of them
regards
DF

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
With respect, I will close this particular debate by saying the referendum edict was vague but by definition its execution will be precise and will not represent the will of the majority............ and the nation will remain divided.

I think you will find you are wrong and if we had another vote we would still vote out, but I am not an advocate of re-running a referendum purely to satisfy the minority.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

the default position, if EU do nothing is we legally leave the EU. there's no mechanism for them to unilaterally extend, and without action our side it would be pointless.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Pointless to erm...point that out, as he just doesn't care that other Leave voters may have voted with that in mind.
It's a crusade to him. :)

It has been pointed out by others and myself many times. But leavers views on what they voted for, such as immigration, once the major issue, have changed according to what can actually be delivered in reality. Many on here suddenly started to claim that immigration wasn't an issue for them.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

It's quite simple

I'm aware of Leave posters on NSC who definitely wanted a deal and didn't want no deal, posters who wanted no deal but definitely didn't want a deal, Ones who weren't bothered either way and ones who had preferences based on the details of what the deal was and what preparation had been done for 'no deal'.

So how do we implement the results of the referendum and do what the majority voted for ?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think you will find you are wrong and if we had another vote we would still vote out, but I am not an advocate of re-running a referendum purely to satisfy the minority.

Corbyn is running scared of an Election, something he has called for for three years and when given the opportunity he blocks it. Spineless arse.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm beginning to think that we will be out soon with the original NI only backstop deal with the Tories dropping the Unionists.

Many in Labour will probably vote for it.

Just goes to show how utterly utterly rubbish the current Tory party are.

It was there all along and they've just spent the last few years arguing with each other whilst blaming everyone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here