Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Nobody "won" the vote. People can't even remember the benefits of leaving anymore. They remember an outcome and feel it should be delivered at all costs.

Connie Huq (sp) explained it quite clearly if admittedly was done in a fit of rage. The basis being where do leavers draw the line in the name of democracy?

If the EU said in the event of no deal all leavers were going to have their heads chopped off, would they still want to leave?

If the answer is no, then by their own definition, they would be apparently be acting un-democratic. So the question which no leaver has answered so far, how many lives are you willing to sacrifice to get your precious brexit?

We're not just talking about obvious causes of death such as inability to get insulin and cancer drugs. We are also talking about indirect causes of death such as more poverty, homeless, poorer living standards and higher food prices.

Higher living costs will cause people to turn to drugs and alcohol to cope with the strain. People will become homeless, causing more drug deaths and Hypothermia on the streets.

Poorer living standards means worse.mental health and more risk of suicide.

Higher food prices will mean the healthier foods are.not obtainable to poorer families. Poor diets can lead to heart problems and ultimately death.

How many? HOW MANY DEATHS IN THE NAME OF BREXIT?

Remainers aren't the traitors here. Brexiters have turned their backs on their brother and sisters.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

The promises of 'sunny uplands', 'the easiest deal in history', '£350 million a week for the NHS', 'the chances of no deal are one in a million' etc, are self evidently false beliefs or deliberate lies; still Leavers keep believing the rhetoric. Now Brexit enthusiasts have sold suggestible people the equally simple idea that if the Remain proponents simply concede their principles (as many members of the Government have), then all will be well... just like getting over the disappointment of a football defeat. How tragically misconceived is that!

Of course we would all rather believe an easy lie than the inconvenient truth... but to generate or believe in such simplistic nonsense is idiotic in the extreme.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Never said it would be. Simply think using the word 'crash' repeatedly 14,000 times just for effect is a little weak for someone aspiring to lead the nation. :shrug:

A quick Google shows the phrase crash out in relation to a no deal Brexit used in a wide range of publications, including The Sun and The Telegraph, as well as El Pais, The Guardian, CNN and Foreign Policy. BJ himself said it would be a failure of statecraft. Crash seems to sum up quite well the impact of no deal.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
A quick Google shows the phrase crash out in relation to a no deal Brexit used in a wide range of publications, including The Sun and The Telegraph, as well as El Pais, The Guardian, CNN and Foreign Policy. BJ himself said it would be a failure of statecraft. Crash seems to sum up quite well the impact of no deal.

But we're not going No Deal. Just like the Stokes miracle, I've moved on.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Never said it would be. Simply think using the word 'crash' repeatedly 14,000 times just for effect is a little weak for someone aspiring to lead the nation. :shrug:

Just for effect, is why any politician says anything. It isn't an orderly exit if we go with no deal, so how would you describe it?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wondered why Jacob Rees-Mogg was so keen to try and discredit Dr David Nicholl.

[tweet]1171360184817639430[/tweet]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But we're not going No Deal. Just like the Stokes miracle, I've moved on.

The Miracle of Stoke? What’s that? One resident has been found to have a brain cell?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I wondered why Jacob Rees-Mogg was so keen to try and discredit Dr David Nicholl.

[tweet]1171360184817639430[/tweet]
Release the Documents !

Set the information free !

Of course, a sensible brexit deal would still mean no Yellowhammer or Civil Contingencies Act triggering.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Of course, I know they were found innocent, because of false evidence, but that is not the full story.

There is NO smoke without fire, and trust me I know more about this than you might think.

Corbyn and McDonnell are dangerous men and anyone who believes otherwise has been brainwashed.

Stick to complaining about not getting a free shirt, more your level

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Didn't even know the EU bloc existed before the referendum. As an early 20 something it was never on my radar. and never came up in a single conversation in my life.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Apart from a fat bloke in a pub in Hastings old town who thought joining in 1973 was the 'worst decision this country every made' and some fishermen, who thought by leaving The EU they'd get the whole of The English Channel and everything in it, nobody else was ever banging on about it. It's a bit like The Iraq War - people forget that there was 70% public support for it at the time of the invasion. They never read the dossier they claim to have read that was supposedly the reason they supported the war, if they can bring themselves to admit they did. They didn't care about the nuances of international law or the opinion of Hans Blix or President Chirac - it was 'lets get behind the brave boys on their way to Baghdad and get rid of Saddam'. I was in London the Saturday of the protest in '03 and apart from those protesters I never heard or saw anyone else in person at the time who was opposed to the war.

Cameron called the referendum and that-was-that though. 2 tribes were created. He knew damn well what the referendum in Scotland did in 2014 and he still called this one and sowed the divisions we all have to reap.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Nobody is running scared. We're having a GE after 31st October passes, which is the date by which BoZo was going to unilaterally and immorally bounce us out of the EU without a deal, at the cost of jobs and peace in Ireland.

I can't believe this needs explaining.

Its so basic and worrying if people can not see this.

Rule out no deal and then the election, nobody has said no to an election

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
"Guide to Understanding Women written in 1986 advises on 'how to pick up virgins' and has choice lines including 'let's name your breasts'"

"If you want to pull a drunk girl, offer to take her home and name her breasts. To get her to leave after sex, suggest she might be accidentally infected with Aids."

The author of these and other gems of relationship advice was today revealed to be...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2009/dec/04/john-bercow-guide-understanding-women

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Of course, I know they were found innocent, because of false evidence, but that is not the full story.

There is NO smoke without fire, and trust me I know more about this than you might think.

Corbyn and McDonnell are dangerous men and anyone who believes otherwise has been brainwashed.

That article. Wow. Anyone with half a brain would read it and think, so Corbyn was right and he attended an innocent man's wedding.
Complete dunces read it, see the words CORBYN and IRA and nothing else.

And as for your comment. Liar, plain and simple.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Stick to complaining about not getting a free shirt, more your level

oh was that him who started that thread? :lol: What a tw*t.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I totally understand that, however, would you put your family at potential risk?

I'm not.

How would it put your family at risk? Genuine question (amongst all the scorn on here!)

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
"Guide to Understanding Women written in 1986 advises on 'how to pick up virgins' and has choice lines including 'let's name your breasts'"

"If you want to pull a drunk girl, offer to take her home and name her breasts. To get her to leave after sex, suggest she might be accidentally infected with Aids."

The author of these and other gems of relationship advice was today revealed to be...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2009/dec/04/john-bercow-guide-understanding-women

That article is from 2009. That's not exactly 'today' is it? Do keep up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

His wife's confessions match his so they seem very well suited. At least they are still married unlike many politicians, like Johnson now divorcing his second wife, and a publicised fall out with his present mistress.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here