Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Yes, I can foresee a coalition of Labour+SNP+Plaid, kept in office by an agreement with LibDem+Green+ChangeUK.... it would last a certain while and would serve to rein in the worst excesses of both Labour and the SNP

Do you think the price of SNP's involvement would be a referendum on Independence?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If an executive is formed on the basis of obtaining x (a deal), but then deviates to pursue y (no deal), and MPs continue to pursue x, who is behaving honourably?

x has never been an issue until recently and was not on the ballot papers at the referendum as a condition. So those now voting against, are the dishonorable ones.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This popped up in today’s news.

“Migration experts had said the UK could not end freedom of movement from the EU on Brexit day because it has no system to work out who is legally in the country.”

I’ve said this many times before, that I find the bold text totally and utterly astonishing. The U.K. Home Office is a total joke. No wonder there are so many **** ups when it can’t even do the absolute basic.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
x has never been an issue until recently and was not on the ballot papers at the referendum as a condition. So those now voting against, are the dishonorable ones.

y was not on the ballot papers at the referendum, just leave.

The referendum was in 2016.

The GE was in 2017. Soames stood on a manifesto of leaving the EU smoothly and orderly.

In 2019 a new executive is attempting to leave the EU roughly and disorderly.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yeah let's just ignore it. Doesn't it fit you agenda?

It doesn't matter whether it fits my 'agenda'. The article is 93 WORDS LONG.

It has ZERO sources. It has ZERO proof.

Believe it if you want, but I'm going to go out there and assume you read the tweet or the headline and just decided to give it some love. I could be wrong, but I doubt I am.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
It doesn't matter whether it fits my 'agenda'. The article is 93 WORDS LONG.

It has ZERO sources. It has ZERO proof.

Believe it if you want, but I'm going to go out there and assume you read the tweet or the headline and just decided to give it some love. I could be wrong, but I doubt I am.

If you get your 'news' from Guido Fawkes, and don't expect to be ridiculed. You're a brexiteer.
They are funny people for real.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
2 more rebels!

Going well Boris!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ah the SNP. Call themselves democratic but are trying to overturn two referendum results because they don't agree with them.
...by legal means.

They're not trying to shut down parliament because parliament finds their conduct unpalatable, like General f*cking Pinochet might. They're not expelling MPs for rebelling, despite hypocritically doing the same themselves THREE TIMES in the 3 years beforehand.

You're very good at dishing out this bollocks. Bet you won't explain why it's OK for Boris to banish his MPs for voting against him despite not voting for the withdrawal agreement himself three times prior.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ah the SNP. Call themselves democratic but are trying to overturn two referendum results because they don't agree with them.

I can’t think of anything more democratic than going though the British parliamentary gears and passing legislation. You have your country back. You have regained control. This is exactly how it works.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here