Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
One factor that no-one's mentioned yet is that what the 20-odd MPs who are kicked out of the party are going to do? Some of them are leaving parliament anyway but people like Rory Stewart and Sam Gyimah are quite young and won't be finished with politics. There's already talk of a new centre-right Conservative party being formed and there's every possibility that a few MPs find themselves standing against Tories ... which will be interesting.

The other question is what happens if Johnson loses his seat. I have a friend in Uxbridge and she tells me that the seat is a top target for Labour and they're very hopeful of winning it. BJ didn't win any friends locally with his cowardice over Heathrow and he's certainly not a shoo-in for it.

I'm torn on Rory. He's too good for the Tories as they are. No one will listen to him. But he doesn't need politics- it needs him.

He'd probably get another job at Harvard or head up a major NGO. Another prophet not welcomed by his own.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Was he/it really a former hooligan? Hilarious, yet predictable at the same time. Bet he/it was realllly scary. :D

Aside from posting on Brexit, he has a long history of posting videos of 'scenes' and making lots of nudge nudge comments about historic punch ups. And having a username that has been banned for glorifying Nazis. Apart from that, I'm sure he's a Top Lad (loves his old mum, splashes out on the missus, etc). :facepalm:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Will he 'won't have' something? I'm just reading the replies.

:lolol:

One thing is certain. Even if we do go Hard Brexit he still won't be happy. It will be the wrong type of hard Brexit :whistle:

Yes, he/it 'won't have' "our types" devaluing the Will of just over half of those that voted, back in 2016.

Bless. :)

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Aside from posting on Brexit, he has a long history of posting videos of 'scenes' and making lots of nudge nudge comments about historic punch ups. And having a username that has been banned for glorifying Nazis. Apart from that, I'm sure he's a Top Lad (loves his old mum, splashes out on the missus, etc). :facepalm:

The image of him/it splashing out on the missus has actually turned my stomach. In fact, the concept of him/it having a missus in the first place makes me shudder.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yet they booted May's out several times. I may be cynical, but their heart's not really in this Leave concept is it?

Lots of MPs are quite bright. Every deal they have been shown is a bit shit so a majority have voted 'no'. The problem is all possible deals are a bit shit. So Boris thinks no deal will have to do. Trouble is, after the no deal Brexit we will need to do....deals....and the same constraints (Ireland, trade etc) apply.

It is called not kicking the can down the road by launching the can down the motorway using a powerful rocket and creating a nasty mess for someone else to clear up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The image of him/it splashing out on the missus has actually turned my stomach. In fact, the concept of him/it having a missus in the first place makes me shudder.

:lolol:

Neo-nazis are normally quite conservative (aside from putting on the missus' undies while she's out shopping, but that doesn't count, as it's ************) so having a soapy tit-**** is probably a bridge too far. Still...yes...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Lots of MPs are quite bright. Every deal they have been shown is a bit shit so a majority have voted 'no'. The problem is all possible deals are a bit shit. So Boris thinks no deal will have to do. Trouble is, after the no deal Brexit we will need to do....deals....and the same constraints (Ireland, trade etc) apply.

It is called not kicking the can down the road by launching the can down the motorway using a powerful rocket and creating a nasty mess for someone else to clear up.
First paragraph has some gravitas, the second I have absolutely no idea where that is headed.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
First paragraph has some gravitas, the second I have absolutely no idea where that is headed.

Nobody does. That's one of the many problems.......:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's not correct, many people have appeared on my telly and wireless recently telling me we're all gonna die as a result.

Wow. You must listen to and watch some weird shit. Good luck with that :thumbsup:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

If it continues to mention “as frictionless as possible trade” then nothing has changed. This was always the case.

T May Lancaster House speech Jan 2017 on negotiating objectives

“But I also want tariff-free trade with Europe and cross-border trade there to be as frictionless as possible”

https://www.gov.uk/government/speech...e-eu-pm-speech

Department of Exiting EU policy paper Aug 2017

“which includes securing the freest and most frictionless trade possible in goods and services, to the benefit of all.”

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/p...e-negotiations

T May Mansion House speech March 2018

“frictionless a border as possible”
“trade at the UK-EU border should be as frictionless as possible”

https://www.gov.uk/government/speech...european-union

Gov White Paper july 2018 Chequers

“When the UK leaves the EU we aim to have as seamless and frictionless a border as possible between Northern Ireland and Ireland”

“The Government will prioritise securing the freest and most frictionless trade possible in goods and services between the UK and the EU. We will not be seeking membership of the Single Market,”

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...opean-union--2

There are plenty of remain MPs who now support the will of the people. Dominic Grieve voted three times for May's Brexit deals. However he is now branded as a remainer traitor for opposing Boris' hard brexit strategy.

Dominic Grieve voted all three times AGAINST the deal,he was in the Noes he was not in the Ayes.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Can you point me to where it said we would stay
DQ

Exactly DQ, the referendum was not legally binding for Remain or Leave

Thankfully we have Acts of Parliament- cheers Gina, we owe you one. :cheers:

Acts2 - Copy.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here