Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Tony Blair has warned Corbyn not to fall for it.

The main point of this is: Blair has warned that Johnston's ploy is to incorporate his Brexit with the GE; that way voters are faced with a stark choice - a Corbyn government or Johnston and his cronies' government combined with their no deal Brexit. Johnston clearly thinks he would win under those circumstances.
Blair claims that the two should be kept separate. The referendum is a stand alone issue and not to be mixed up with who should run the country.
Of course, Leave zealots will use this hesitancy for their own spin....

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Would Labour be better off calling Binkys bluff?

Could you imagine if

1) Labour voted down legislation blocking no deal.

2) Labour voted against snap election.

3) Boris gets nothing from the EU and decides to ask EU for extensionoff his own back. ERG fuming.

Absolute scenes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1168509423620448256[/tweet]

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Needs to get two third majority if Binky calls it himself. SNP sayign they won't vote for it if danger of no deal. Lib Dems will do the same.Some Labour already saying GE is not the answer. Will the DUP risk losing NI?

Terrible look for the remain alliance if they run away from seeking the views of the electorate after years of insisting a new mandate is needed. Also terrible for any opposition party perceived to be afraid of a General election. If Boris is forced into calling it enough MP's will have to back it in my view.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Yes, I can see how some would see that, but things can be read and viewed very differently.

Example:

People are threatening to block roads and cause havoc, they will need to be removed and when you are trying to uphold the law bobby might bang your nose hence 'there will be blood spilt'.
or
Someone whose business is being disrupted by these spoilt, kids who won't let it go, may just get confronted by that business person and who could blame them.

or the fact everyone on the leave side is utterly and truly pissed off with parliament and the activist remainers for not being democratic and letting government follow through on what 17.4m voted for, let's face it if you keep provoking at some point.....snap I would say we are at near on full tension now, street riots........every chance.

I think the remain side has seemed to forget about the leavers and what they voted for and are trying to take away from them, well I can tell you now they will not put up with it, you will not take away our freedom.

You are achieving nothing but HATE amongst people and you are naive enough to believe in project fear.

If the remain gets their bill through this hurricane will go from grade 2 to a grade 4 and a grade 5 will be predicted shortly after that.

I can only suggest batten down your hatches, sandbag your doors and windows and most of all keep your fingers crossed.

A hurricane can not be avoided though.

However, if you LET IT GO, this can be avoided and we can all live happily ever after.

I am not conversing with you as your too weak to post under your original username.
Go and stalk someone else.

FFS!

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Terrible look for the remain alliance if they run away from seeking the views of the electorate after years of insisting a new mandate is needed. Also terrible for any opposition party perceived to be afraid of a General election. If Boris is forced into calling it enough MP's will have to back it in my view.

Agree to this bit. As far as the 'look' is concerned it all depends on how many 'onlookers' see and approve Cummings' 'Bwrecksit' strategy

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Agreed. It's such a bullshit phrase, especially now, over 3 years after the vote.

It would be more honest for Leavers to stop pretending it was anything to do with democracy, Johnson's current actions show this, and just admit it's about "winning".

****ing up the country because you can't handle not "winning". Imagine being that pathetic.

There's a few on here who wouldn't have to do much (if any) imagining.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016

People will see it makes sense. How stupid would you have to be to let No Deal through the backdoor?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Take no notice, he's just a WUM, thinking it is great sport. I don't know why people respond to him nor JCFG, or Ppf as all they do is mock.

IKR

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
[tweet]1168543706472943616[/tweet]

It would be really nice if Johnson would at least be seen to be trying to find a way through, instead of using dirty tricks in order to force and election, allowing his data mining mates to go about their inteference.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Agree to this bit. As far as the 'look' is concerned it all depends on how many 'onlookers' see and approve Cummings' 'Bwrecksit' strategy

Most onlookers don't follow politics that closely and will just see one side wanting an election to seek a mandate and one trying to stop it. This Boris government is very different from May's. Instead of drift, splits and paralysis, we have direction, a unity of purpose amongst the vast majority and action very much on the front foot. Quite remarkable considering the lack of a majority, still could all go tits up of course but I doubt any near future election will be as ineptly run as the last one from a Tory perspective.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Most onlookers don't follow politics that closely and will just see one side wanting an election to seek a mandate and one trying to stop it. This Boris government is very different from May's. Instead of drift, splits and paralysis, we have direction, a unity of purpose amongst the vast majority and action very much on the front foot. Quite remarkable considering the lack of a majority, still could all go tits up of course but I doubt any near future election will be as ineptly run as the last one from a Tory perspective.

.... and so it will depend on whether voters can see the government's unified determination to race to a perilous destination or not. The GE should be a separate issue. The most remarkable bit for me is how much collective fear the unelected Cummings has engendered in elected Tory politicians.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Take no notice, he's just a WUM, thinking it is great sport. I don't know why people respond to him nor JCFG, or Ppf as all they do is mock.

Could just put them on ignore. ???

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Instead of drift, splits and paralysis, we have direction, a unity of purpose amongst the vast majority .

Have you read the news in the past few days? We have a former Tory PM sueing the current one. We have a selection of current Tory MPs, including two former chancellors, being told that they may not have a future in the party and we've just seen the resignation of the leader of the Scottish Conservatives. You think that's a sign of unity?

There's a good chance that the Tory party could well be seeing its biggest split since the Corn Laws debate - nearly 200 years ago.

Jan 30, 2008
Can you point me to where the Brexit referendum said we would leave the EU if Leave got a majority please?

As Dave said it will be your decision no second referendum no pressure groups , leave or remain on the ballot pape,r what is it about the word LEAVE you don't understand ?You need to get over yourself Mikey
Regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here