Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It was their naivety and their pig ignorance that the EU should just bow down to their demands, then they bitched and complained that they weren't allowed to get what they wanted.

Now, like a child in the playground, they're just picking the ball up and going home.

Someone made a decent point on reddit.

Brexiteers are now championing the exact thing they were calling Project Fear 3 years ago.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They voted to uphold the result through the triggering of Article 50 in March 2017.

In April 2017 Parliament was dissolved and a General Election called.

From that moment on, whatever happened in March 2017 was irrelevant. No Parliament can bind it's successor.

So many people don't know how our Parliament actually works, including some of our MPs.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You still can't grasp the fact that people can view this forum without registering first.

You keep showing yourself as being abit thick. Not all Brexiteers are thick, but I fear one day you will forget to breath.

Another Brussels licker proving my point.Muppet.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I'm convinced most remain posters on this thread have at least two accounts :lolol:

Well,we know Nipple Clamp has at least three,but most of them are a bit multi-personality types.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Well,we know Nipple Clamp has at least three,but most of them are a bit multi-personality types.

It's the common themes including condescension, insults, hypocrisy, close-mindedness, hugely susceptible to confirmation bias, inability to deal with different opinions or democracy, arrogance, misrepresentation, straw-manning, continually demanding answers to stupid questions that gives them away.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's the common themes including condescension, insults, hypocrisy, close-mindedness, hugely susceptible to confirmation bias, inability to deal with different opinions or democracy, arrogance, misrepresentation, straw-manning, continually demanding answers to stupid questions that gives them away.

So which are you supporting today ?

The undefinable 'good deal'
or
The unimplementable 'no deal'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

Er, whats up? You keep dribbling on about rampant anti Semitism in the Labour Party, and have still not shown me any. So far, you have tried to pass off criticism of the Israeli State as anti Semitism, which it isn't. Do you have any examples of the Labour party being anti semitic in regards to Jews, or the faith, or is it just dribbling for dribblings sake? Don't worry, im ready for your next avoiding statement.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So many people don't know how our Parliament actually works, including some of our MPs.

If I were in power I'd make sure politics was taught in schools. Not "indoctrination" into what is and isn't right (or left), but the process and basically "how we're governed". Encompassing the UN (and, if relevant, the EU).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-boycott-remain-vote-hillsborough-disaster-eu

A study suggests that in turning against the paper after the Hillsborough disaster, Liverpool also rejected its anti-EU stance
No one surely believes that when a newspaper tells its readers ahead of an election how to vote they simply do as they are told. There is no evidence whatsoever to show a direct correlation between what is published and what happens at the ballot box.

Instead, media academics who have tried to divine the political impact of the press during elections, particularly the populist tabloid variety, have found it necessary to untangle a complex web of influences in order to explain why people voted as they did.

Now, as if proving a positive wasn’t difficult enough, two academics have sought to prove a negative. Rather than arguing that readers of the Sun voted leave on the basis of their paper’s passionate pro-Brexit campaign, they want us to believe that not reading the paper contributed to a pro-European Union vote.

Florian Foos and Daniel Bischof have produced research that claims that Euroscepticism in Liverpool gradually subsided during the course of the city’s 30-year boycott of the Sun. Therefore, they claim, it was the absence of the Sun that resulted in a pronounced switch by Liverpudlians in favour of remaining in the EU.
That’s a bit of a leap of faith. They cannot be certain that the non-Sun factor was the major determinant of the pro-EU vote in Liverpool. Note, for instance, that neighbouring Manchester, where no Sun boycott took place, voted 60.4% remain.
But I do think the study indicates the possibility that a non-Sun diet might have had some influence on the vote. Although the academics only touched on it, I imagine that such was the depth of the city’s antipathy to the Sun and all it stood for that Liverpudlians were motivated to vote against anything it advocated.

Foos and Bischof also argue that their study “shows that sustained media campaigns on emerging issues can have large, lasting, and ultimately, consequential effects on public opinion, and public policy”. While I’m uncertain about whether they have proved that with this particular study, I’m with them on the general point.

Newspaper campaigns succeed by repetition over a prolonged period. Influence on public opinion takes place over years rather than as the result of a single political intervention. Turning that on its head, as the authors do, it could therefore be argued that the failure to be subjected to such a campaign also has an effect. Maybe, maybe not. This study doesn’t prove their argument but it’s an interesting case that suggests we should examine the lasting impact of the worldview of newspapers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Brexiteers don’t want reality or expert advice. They want their fantasy land of unicorns and rainbows promised to them by Johnson, Farage and their ilk.

I think it is worse than that for some. They don't care if things get worse as long as they are 'free from foreigners telling us what to do'. Its like a spotty teenager refusing to shower or do their homework, failing their GCSEs and so on, in order to maintain their freedom from being told what to do by the parents. Even when the parents aren't telling them to do anything, having somewhat given up on the previous collaborative nurturing that the spotty teenager rejected as controlling.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What was your point? That you have no understanding of how parliament works, how British democracy works, and what giving control back to parliament means?

You seem to be having a gammon paddy.

:lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
What was your point? That you have no understanding of how parliament works, how British democracy works, and what giving control back to parliament means?

Will you still come on the board after Brexit,when your bosses stop paying you?Bet you don't even know which part of his body Glenn scored with tonight.Brussels Muppet.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Given that this column seems to have whittled down to about ten regular posters now, I only come on to read any new insults.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Given that this column seems to have whittled down to about ten regular posters now, I only come on to read any new insults.

I've given up trying to have a proper debate with what's left of the Brexiteers on here. 2P has no substance to any of his arguments and confuses himself, then he insults you because he has made himself look silly, again. I think I just poke him with a stick now.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Will you still come on the board after Brexit,when your bosses stop paying you?Bet you don't even know which part of his body Glenn scored with tonight.Brussels Muppet.

Has someone in the right wing media/alt right website called someone a muppet. I find it hard to believe that you came up with that insult on your own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here