Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
But you are quite choosy over which promises you want upheld, if I can do the same, can I have the promise that we would be part of the free trade area, and that we would not leave without a deal?
You know the problem is that not all promises can be met, as some cancel out others. Yet you blame the people that point this out, and not the people that promised the impossible.
Given that there is no brexit that can fulfill all the promises, how do we decide which of them are to be kept and which are to be discarded?
You want to give the decision on that to the people that made the false promises, Johnson, Gove, Mogg etc. and ignore the wishes of the majority of the House of Commons, at some point you are going to have to accept that you are not wanting democracy, you just want to dress up your preferred outcome as democratically reached, when it isn't.

You're missing the point completely , MPs ignoring their constituents, to many agendas spoiling the broth people have had enough of the stalling but Parliament are oblivious despite warnings of political back lashes that would restructue politics in this country

Regards
DR

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
You're missing the point completely , MPs ignoring their constituents, to many agendas spoiling the broth peoe have had enough of the stalling but Parliament are oblivious despite warnings of political back lashes that could restructue optics in this country

Regards
DR

Those constituents who voted for the easiest deal in history. Have you never seen a circle before because you're obsessed with going round in them.

Jan 30, 2008
Those constituents who voted for the easiest deal in history. Have you never seen a circle before because you're obsessed with going round in them.

Pure crap to suit your agenda Mikey get a grip or call a office meeting and look at some flow charts to.take your mind off things
regards
DR

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Same as every election and referendum on all sides then.

Every poll, bar one has the Tories ahead since Boris became PM, some giving them a double-digit lead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election

A fan of opinion polls when it suits you, not so keen on the ones that show people would prefer to remain than leave though. Oh well, I am confident both Boris and Brexit will be put to us for selection, or not, fairly soon.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But you are quite choosy over which promises you want upheld, if I can do the same, can I have the promise that we would be part of the free trade area, and that we would not leave without a deal?
You know the problem is that not all promises can be met, as some cancel out others. Yet you blame the people that point this out, and not the people that promised the impossible.
Given that there is no brexit that can fulfill all the promises, how do we decide which of them are to be kept and which are to be discarded?
You want to give the decision on that to the people that made the false promises, Johnson, Gove, Mogg etc. and ignore the wishes of the majority of the House of Commons, at some point you are going to have to accept that you are not wanting democracy, you just want to dress up your preferred outcome as democratically reached, when it isn't.

Tremendous post this.

Looking forward to the reply.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
That's still different to mine, flow charts Feeling bored ,got no friends , call an office meeting
regards
DR

Anyone who says no one has friends, clearly has no friends

You're missing the point completely , MPs ignoring their constituents, to many agendas spoiling the broth people have had enough of the stalling but Parliament are oblivious despite warnings of political back lashes that would restructue politics in this country

Regards
DR

MPs should be ignoring their constituents.

Said constituents surrendered their vote at polls. They can wait a few more years to then reconsider. That's literally the definition of representative democracy.

It's brilliant how brexiteers bark on about democracy, but have absolutely no idea what it actually means. You quite literally, the epitome, the stereotypical gammon...

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
2017 manifesto commitments (the result of the referendum will be enacted.

Untitled.png

Glad you pointed that out.

The 2017 Tory manifesto explicitly states we will leave the European Union delivered by a smooth,orderly Brexit.

Furthermore, it also states "A strong and stable Union..."

A no deal brexit does neither of the above 2017 manifesto commitments that you care so deeply about.

You do not care about democratic results, you care about getting what want. You then dress that up as democracy and go riding around on your made up up ramshackle high horse getting all indignant at people who actually do care about the democratic process.

Jan 30, 2008
Anyone who says no one has friends, clearly has no friends

MPs should be ignoring their constituents.

Said constituents surrendered their vote at polls. They can wait a few more years to then reconsider. That's literally the definition of representative democracy.

It's brilliant how brexiteers bark on about democracy, but have absolutely no idea what it actually means. You quite literally, the epitome, the stereotypical gammon...

I'm sorry that you couldn't accept a democratic vote but bleating on endlessly about how hard done you are doesn't get my sympathy vote ,you need to let go and get on with your life , nothings changed LEAVE MEANS LEAVE
Regards
DR

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I'm sorry that you couldn't accept a democratic vote but bleating on endlessly about how hard done you are doesn't get my sympathy vote ,you need to let go and get on with your life , nothings changed LEAVE MEANS LEAVE
Regards
DR

In other words the same facile 'You lost, get over it' slogan. Why not think a little more deeply before replying? You can do it!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It wasn't fair because of illegal spending, illegal use of data, illegal harvesting of data, illegal donations, illegal collaboration and most of all, because so much of the campaign to leave was untrue, and you know this, which is why you have dropped the words "free and fair" when you say we should respect the results of elections.
There was no plan, there is no plan, except no deal, which was explicitly stated as not a possibility by the Leave campaign, I don't understand why leavers get so triggered by remainers when it is clear that the Vote leave politicians conned you.
The only argument that leavers have for legitimacy of no deal, is that the public were warned it could be pretty shitty, by the Remain campaign.
You are absurd.

Considering the big spend advantage, the government machine, UK, European, global political establishment, the vast majority of big business all backing remain it's quite frankly pathetic to whine on about how unfair the referendum was.

PA.jpg

Also a bit rich for someone who parroted the taxpayer-funded bullsh*t by HM treasury about an imminent Brexit recession immediately after the vote, to complain about misleading people.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Considering the big spend advantage, the government machine, UK, European, global political establishment, the vast majority of big business all backing remain it's quite frankly pathetic to whine on about how unfair the referendum was.

PA.jpg

Also a bit rich for someone who parroted the taxpayer-funded bullsh*t by HM treasury about an imminent Brexit recession immediately after the vote, to complain about misleading people.

A bit rich from someone who repeats the right wing media headlines. Don't forget that the pound will crash. That never happened, did it....?
When you talk about misleading people, yes, they got some predictions wrong.
The leave campaign was just outright lies. Many people still quote some of the lies as facts.

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

I am very specific about the No 1 promise I want to be upheld. To enact the result of the referendum which all remainers believed in before the result was to leave. It is for the government and parliament to decide how we leave, we all have our preferences, but leave we must.

You only accept a majority view when it suits you as you are fine with the EU ignoring the overwhelming majority in the HoC who have rejected the deal that the EU insists is the only option. Johnson, Gove Mogg etc insist the deal must change which represents the view of the HoC. If we can't agree a deal the legal default position is to leave without one. As it says in the government manifesto ... no deal is better than a bad deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here