Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I never voted for a deal, there was nothing on the ballot paper ,Leave or remain ,no point in sulking over the result, pull yourself together and get on with life .
regards
DR

Indeed. It appears that many people had a totally different voting slip.

1_SOvUBM3ay35FLRMdU3uyqw.jpeg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The law was passed in 2008. The government is arguing whether it is required to implement it.

Which all comes back to the same thing. The neo-liberal fringe of the Tory party require cheap foreign workers for their Singapore style Utopian vision. The EU is trying to create a level playing field for local workers and stop "social dumping".

The Tories are having none of it......

Remember the law is there to protect LOCAL workers, not migrants.

I think France is pushing for amendments, Eastern European Agencies have been bending the rules, claiming workers they are employing should be subject to their local minimum wage requirements, not the minimum wage of the country they are being sent to work in.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think it was clear, 52% want out.

By which means?

No Deal
Norway
Canada
Canada +
Customs Union
EEA

The fact that it is impossible to answer my question is the reason we're in this mess right now.

There is no mandate for a specific Brexit.

Plenty who voted Leave would not vote Leave if No Deal was the route out. Plenty who voted Leave would not vote Leave if May's Deal was the way out. Each were sold and voted for their own vision of how Brexit was going to pan out.

See the issue yet?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1155496152206336000[/TWEET]

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
By which means?

No Deal
Norway
Canada
Canada +
Customs Union
EEA

The fact that it is impossible to answer my question is the reason we're in this mess right now.

There is no mandate for a specific Brexit. Plenty who voted Leave would not vote Leave if No Deal was the route out. Plenty who voted Leave would not vote Leave if May's Deal was the way out.

See the issue yet?

The vote was to leave the EU, wasn't it?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
By which means?

No Deal
Norway
Canada
Canada +
Customs Union
EEA

There is no mandate for a specific Brexit.

Plenty who voted Leave would not vote Leave if No Deal was the route out. Plenty who voted Leave would not vote Leave if May's Deal was the way out.

See the issue yet?

And indeed this was intentional as Dominic Cummings (now of No.10) knew that if they nailed down what Brexit they wanted it would alienate enough Brexiters to change the result. He specifically said this during a Committee hearing in the Commons about 6 months after the referendum.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Yes....and now we need to figure out How we wish to leave, and whether there is a mandate for whichever form of Leave is being put forward.

You're being disingenuous, as you know if it was No Deal Brexit being voted for, it would not have won. If it was May's Deal being voted for, it would not have won.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dominic Raab (I didn't realise Dover was so important for cross Channel trade) really struggling here.

[tweet]1155759804968833024[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

It was indeed that simplistic. So we could leave the EU at 23.00 on 31/10, then rejoin the EU at 23.01 on the same night and the referendum mandate would have been wholly and utterly fulfilled.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
[tweet]1155740617277890561[/tweet]

****ing liars.
The maddening thing is that the UK could join such a trading area even with a *no deal* brexit.

This is EFTA - not to be confused with the EEA ( single market ) - no need for the 'evil' free movement - but there is no talk of doing this.

We'd be like Switzerland without a trading deal with the EU - but would gain some other trade deals.

Oh well. We have moved from a Democracy to a Clownocracy. Led by fools.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dominic Raab (I didn't realise Dover was so important for cross Channel trade) really struggling here.

[tweet]1155759804968833024[/tweet]

What an absolute thundercunt. "There are bits of the WA we're ok with." That's the deal the Gov agreed with the EU. Unbelievable how they're trying to paint the EU as the bad guy whilst showing no principles whatsoever. *****.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Back in the good old days, we voted to join or not to join. No small print, what if this, what if that? People simply accepted the democratic system.

Nowadays, all new ballgame with all the keyboard experts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here