Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Boris Johnson: Ignore the pessimists - if we can put a man on the moon, we can solve the Northern Irish border problem

More statesmanlike and considered analysis from the journalist who thinks he can be Prime Minister. I wonder if he expects to pour the same 'space race' resources into the border problem? "One small step for Boris, but a giant leap in the dark for every other fuc*er."

The Apollo 11 mission was the culmination of more than a decade of research, meticulous planning and a detailed strategy carried out by hundreds of the brightest people in the US (and from around the world). The plan to put a man on the moon wasn't written on the back of an envelope in between bashing out his latest column and shagging his latest woman.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Surprised that someone with your awesome predictive powers (there are two-three or maybe four options including soft, hard or no brexit .... it might rain tomorrow or it might not, we might get relegated or we might not etc) doesn't realise Boris will win ... the only doubt is the margin of victory.

Exactly the same three options as I told you three years ago

I really can't see anything beyond the three options

1/ Soft Brexit with customs union

2/ No agreement, hard border and WTO

3/ Withdraw article 50

Shirley, any negotiation now will only be minor fine-tuning on one of the above

And still a few £10s of billions and years of work before 2 becomes implementable.

And same as for last 3 years, until you find a quote from me to the contrary, then I'll file your twaddle along with Johnson's Kippers and Mars Bar rubbish :)

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Errr .... they ban people for a period when they overstep the mark. The person you appear to have particular issue with has been banned, like you, and also like you, served that ban and can repost - that doesn't make the mods 'Nazi sympathisers'. Firstly that is very offensive but I'll put that down to your very poor education ... as admitted to by you. Comparing the mods, who are normal people ( well normal ish ), to the most repugnant, vile and murderous regime the modern world has ever known is frankly stupid. But you have history of letting your mouth run and blaming groups of people for your failures in life. I'd love to know how the mods are going to see your signature ..... you really are truely an idiot.

Out of interest, why do you think someone would choose the username Das Reich if it wasn't in order to glorify 'the most repugnant, vile and murderous regime the modern world has ever known'

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?161013-Das-Reich-One-year-ban

Because I can't imagine any other reason ???

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If Johnson doesn't walk the election, I'm a kipper

I've thought this all along, but the person I was talking to often has good information on what's happening and isn't normally the type for a wind up.

(But it was my birthday this weekend, drink had been taken and I may have been in line for it :dunce:)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
That's nice that Tice, Oakeshott and Banks have thrown another young kid under the bus isn't it.

Horrible *****.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Oh no, we are in danger of going round in circles again..... and you continue to seek to impose an option on nearly half the country (if not more) that it really doesn't want! Why not revoke article 50 to take off immediate time pressure and decide what option can bring a divided nation together?

Revoking article 50 does not take off time pressure you clueless berk. It kills brexit dead......finished.....over for good......we remain in. If you really want to take time pressure off you would be advocating a long term extension to the existing negotiating extension to leave

Bloody hell. I know you missed TB's point spectacularly on the TR thread but this is next level.
It's not a drink you moron, it's a snake oil. And sold, here in the most excruciatingly embarrassing fashion by your soyboy taunting hero, PJW. Really, if he had donned a mankini and got down on all fours to bark for pennies he would have retained a slither more of his dignity than he did by making that commercial! Well, he works for infowars, what do you expect. The fact it contains soy is, a very amusing, aside to the total plum he makes himself look. To people with social skills anyway.

And it is a far right trope. It's also an alt-right trope. And an incel trope, and well, lots of other people use it too. If you were to draw a venn diagram of the groups who use it the intersection in the middle would probably read; 'Losers (male)'.

So, on NSC, Das Reich uses it, lets put him down in the nazi/far right camp, and, er, you do. You say your not far right, but I know you like the whole nazi imagery is funny thing, shall we just say incel/alt-right-curious?

Your anticipated mini soy meltdown is very satisfying.....keep it up.

I thought this looked familiar

Its familiar in your world, you are getting confused again like you disastrously did with your WTO “knowledge”. it is entirely possible to Leave the EU with no withdrawal agreement in place. The legal default when leaving the EU where no withdrawal agreement has been agreed is leaving with “no deal”. Not hard to understand even for you.
You made a fool of yourself when you said no deal is not possible and said the EU politicians were lying about it being possible even when they acknowledged it was possible by putting in measures preparing for it.

Why does any of that matter? The offending poster is still not be banned and the mods have STILL done nothing. I will give them until the end of the day to rectify this or I am deleting my account. I WILL not be part of a communirt that turns a blind eye to these Nazi views.

welcome back, even though you said you were leaving for good

His sign off is not a "figure of fun". I do not take them seriously but their sign off is offensive still.

El pres runs the account PPf (allegedly) with the same sign off DR than you find “offensive”

I can not find how to delete my profile so it would be appreciated if [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] would delete my profile and all my previous posts.
And with that: goodbye.

Im sure if you asked nicely, considering he is a mod that runs that profile, el pres would facilitate a lifetime situation where you will not be able to back down on not wanting to be able to post anymore.

So as well as using offensive language, you also get to decide the different levels of offensiveness then?

Those being racist by using the term Gammon decide they are not being racist at all.
Racists apparently determine if they are being racist or not. Clearly the level of offence is determined by those dishing it out.
Welcome to your world.

Surprised that someone with your awesome predictive powers (there are two-three or maybe four options including soft, hard or no brexit .... it might rain tomorrow or it might not, we might get relegated or we might not etc) doesn't realise Boris will win ... the only doubt is the margin of victory.

I predict the next leader of the conservatives will be
A/ Jeremy Hunt
or
B/ Boris Johnson

View attachment 113224

Dont make me come back and tell you i was right

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Out of interest, why do you think someone would choose the username Das Reich if it wasn't in order to glorify 'the most repugnant, vile and murderous regime the modern world has ever known'

well if you have to ask because you dont really know and can only imagine the reason why, ......why dont you ask the source for clarification instead of guessing

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
'Revoking article 50 does not take off time pressure you clueless berk. It kills brexit dead......finished.....over for good......we remain in.'

Yes indeed Mr Pasta!

And it puts Pasta out of his misery and doesn't leave him hanging on excitedly, wittering on with his whataboutisms, year after year, Brexit date after Brexit date.

Looks like it's best for everyone :thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I haven't said Ppf isn't a Nazi - he may well be - the posts of his I've read on this thread though IIRC haven't been racist although it's a tad hard to remember with so pages of drival. My point was that Plooks has called people like Bozza, El Pres, Edna and Guiness Boy 'Nazi sympathisers' in his usual school boy manner. Now if I was one of them I would take exception to that .... but of course he's too stupid to see this.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
well if you have to ask because you dont really know and can only imagine the reason why, ......why dont you ask the source for clarification instead of guessing

Yep, because that question hasn't been asked time and time again and gone unanswered for the last 10 years :facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I haven't said Ppf isn't a Nazi - he may well be - the posts of his I've read on this thread though IIRC haven't been racist although it's a tad hard to remember with so pages of drival. My point was that Plooks has called people like Bozza, El Pres, Edna and Guiness Boy 'Nazi sympathisers' in his usual school boy manner. Now if I was one of them I would take exception to that .... but of course he's too stupid to see this.

I agree that all posters need to try and be more mature in their postings and not keep on reverting to childish insults, because that's no way to conduct a discussion is it :)

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
The Apollo 11 mission was the culmination of more than a decade of research, meticulous planning and a detailed strategy carried out by hundreds of the brightest people in the US (and from around the world). The plan to put a man on the moon wasn't written on the back of an envelope in between bashing out his latest column and shagging his latest woman.

Makes you wonder why he didn't choose to unleash these immense 'can-do' forces on trivial little things like the alleviation of world poverty or addressing climate change?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Interesting to know if most Dads would be more disappointed in knowing people in the upper class or having a son that self identifies as a Corbyn supporting class warrior ...

I tell you another thing about my Dad - Michael Portillo. He might be nearly 80, but he carries an inordinate amount of guilt that when he first became a teacher in the 1960's, he had that future Thatcherite numbnut ****wit as an A-Level Maths pupil. When my Dad retired, colleagues of his actually wrote to the **** in Westminister, and being a ****, Mr Portillo wrote back to my poor Dad saying he 'perfectly remembers him well.' Me and my older brother told my Dad that it was just a standard, term of endearment, and I as a proud Hastonion, tried, desperately, and used the 'C' word and 'F' word repeatably to accentuate my point that as my Father had a son, me.born in Hastings to an NHS midwife Mother he can't possibly be blamed for Michael Portillo and Thatcherism, but he wouldn't have it - it's hurt him to this day. An unfortunate incident aside, the most difficult day of old Dad's working career was the Brighton bomb in 1984, as put simply the majority of the staff of his school were from Brighton and as lock-down was employed by the authorities, nobody could get in and a dozen of them ran a secondary school for a day, but Michael Portillo was there that night before his by-election, you know.

I've said to my Dad - 'Oh for ****s sake if I was making a ****ing TV documentary about how great it is to take a ****ing train journey across Namibia, I'd come across as nice too.' and my Dad has conceded and agreed with me. We're getting somewhere.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Will the nation 'come together again"? It will be interesting to see what Boris can do to achieve that.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
.... and of course Boris has asked us all to be more of a 'can do' nation. Maybe we 'can' stop a no deal Brexit.....

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

El Pres is suspiciously fond of lederhosen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here