Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
It's not a case of waiting to see what we do, you're saying we voted to leave - and you must have had an idea of what your definition of leaving is, if it is part of a deal with the EU or cutting all ties completely (ie, No Deal).

So which is it?

No Deal no problem ,roll on the 31st October so we can put all these shennanigans to bed
Regards
DR

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
No Deal no problem ,roll on the 31st October so we can put all these shennanigans to bed
Regards
DR

But with that statement you prove the point of the much more intelligent and clear thinking remain voters.
Someone drained the swamp and out you popped.
A knuckle dragging, ignorant, retarded, half witted lunatic.
I have been telling your sort this for a while now, you give me no reason to change my mind until you and your band of no hopers post something sensible.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ask yourself a question. Do you really think that Tesco, Sainsbury, Asda, Morrisons, Waitrose, M&S, Aldi, Lidl et al would leave themselves that exposed? I have contacts at major supermarket level who inform that this sort of planning started the day after the referendum, has carried on for the last three years and almost all areas are covered in the event of normal supply difficulties. It won't be seamless but there will minimal disruption.
As for a recession, well it feels pretty close to one already out in the market place. The weight of doom and gloom predictions and prognostications for three years plus the uncertainty of many has taken its toll on the public and general spending levels are roughly down about 20% in most sectors. There are exceptions but this is the feel in most places. It is a depressive market as opposed to a recessive market and despite clarion calls about how well we are doing, the truth is, many in business are struggling, with or without the possibilty of a no deal scenario.

Precisely. It’s my occupation and it ain’t going to be anything like what’s average joe has been lead to believe. Availability was far worse in the early 00s at one supermarket and that was due to a failed supply chain strategy implementation that saw store availability drop to 85% on key lines. Hardly end of the Soviet Union levels. The empty shelves and no medicines fear mongering is one of Remains key weapons and absolute hog wash. Of course everything and anything will be blamed on. Overnight people will forget they often can’t get stuff or it’s delayed. Lost count of how many times I’ve been to the chemist for my repeat prescription and it’s not in stock / alternatives issued. But if I can’t get my organic artisan 300g Camembert I’ll cope. Should be eating British cheese anyway, it’s far superior to many continental ones and better for the environment.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well ,as a majority of constituencies voted leave what's the hold up

The hold up is due to Brexit MPs voting against the deal the PM got because it didn't suit their version.

But stood for election in Peterborough, I hear Ann Widdocombe is contemplating a return to Parliament ?

She is an elected member of the European Parliament. She can't do both.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The most embarrassing and worrying thing about that Brexit oddball, saddo Ann Widdecombe's tirade in The European Parliament today is not the fact she's just embarrassed herself and embarrassed this country further than it already has been and too much of a saddo oddball to realise it or care, but more the fact that there'll be so many people in this country absolutely delighted at what she did, as well as her fellow Brexit Party saddo oddballs sat around her. Brexit is such a fundamentally stupid, regressive, naff, sad idea, but these gammon, nostalgic oddball, Brexit saddos like Widdecombe and Farage have literally managed to hijack this country now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Precisely. It’s my occupation and it ain’t going to be anything like what’s average joe has been lead to believe. Availability was far worse in the early 00s at one supermarket and that was due to a failed supply chain strategy implementation that saw store availability drop to 85% on key lines. Hardly end of the Soviet Union levels. The empty shelves and no medicines fear mongering is one of Remains key weapons and absolute hog wash. Of course everything and anything will be blamed on. Overnight people will forget they often can’t get stuff or it’s delayed. Lost count of how many times I’ve been to the chemist for my repeat prescription and it’s not in stock / alternatives issued. But if I can’t get my organic artisan 300g Camembert I’ll cope. Should be eating British cheese anyway, it’s far superior to many continental ones and better for the environment.

Hopefully you don't need insulin which is 90% from Denmark. We have already lost access to some isotopes for cancer treatment because the European medical research team has left London, but as long as you can pop to Tescos for your cheese, then that's ok.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The most embarrassing and worrying thing about that Brexit oddball, saddo Ann Widdecombe's tirade in The European Parliament today is not the fact she's just embarrassed herself and embarrassed this country further than it already has been and too much of a saddo oddball to realise it or care, but more the fact that there'll be so many people in this country absolutely delighted at what she did, as well as her fellow Brexit Party saddo oddballs sat around her. Brexit is such a fundamentally stupid, regressive, naff, sad idea, but these gammon, nostalgic oddball, Brexit saddos like Widdecombe and Farage have literally managed to hijack this country now.

It was utterly cringeworthy. And 17.4 million people are taken in by it. The idiots won.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Britain's oldest building firm, R Durtnell and Sons, has ceased trading, putting more than 100 jobs at risk.
The company was founded in 1591, and has been run by 13 generations of the same family.
It was working on a £22m project to refurbish parts of the Brighton Pavillion, when it failed.

1591 queen Elisabeth 1 on the throne
1591 Shakespeares new play Heny V is given its first airing

This company has survived invasions civil war two world wars resessions but along with all the other companies that have failed in recent years failed not because of Brexit but in spite of Brexit

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Hopefully you don't need insulin which is 90% from Denmark. We have already lost access to some isotopes for cancer treatment because the European medical research team has left London, but as long as you can pop to Tescos for your cheese, then that's ok.

Does Denmark produce 90% of the worlds insulin? That’s an over dependency if so or perhaps, just maybe we can purchase elsewhere albeit at a higher price in the short term? Not forgetting our cancer treatment is something like 20th in European tables already. That’ll be glossed over, ridiculously generic as your example is because cancer is just way too big a deal to classify in one way (we lead in some, not in others etc) But still, we can blame everything on Brexit. Pre 2016 everything was alright. Obesity, mental health, ageing population that’s sicker for longer. All of those things weren’t a problem until Brexit came along. Damn you David Cameron, and I disliked you before I realised all that!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It was utterly cringeworthy. And 17.4 million people are taken in by it. The idiots won.

On the subject of Brexit, without any sense of irony, you epitomise the blinkered myopic lunacy you so readily mock as a leavers mindset. You simply cannot see fault lies on all sides for the predicament we’re in. If we’re ever to even start coming together as a country once more, prats like you that are STILL hurling insults as the preferred way forward will need to be silenced. For the love of god, even the Guardian Editorial admits the condescending campaign to mock Leavers as idiotic racists was a massive mistake. But still, you carry on...

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
The hold up is due to Brexit MPs voting against the deal the PM got because it didn't suit their version.

She is an elected member of the European Parliament. She can't do both.

Never really got that argument about Brexit MP`s voting against TM`s deal ,nearly all Labour MP`s voted against it 3 times if i remember correctly .What were they voting for ?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
On the subject of Brexit, without any sense of irony, you epitomise the blinkered myopic lunacy you so readily mock as a leavers mindset. You simply cannot see fault lies on all sides for the predicament we’re in. If we’re ever to even start coming together as a country once more, prats like you that are STILL hurling insults as the preferred way forward will need to be silenced. For the love of god, even the Guardian Editorial admits the condescending campaign to mock Leavers as idiotic racists was a massive mistake. But still, you carry on...

Add WO to that likes chucking insults around to anybody who dare disagree with him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
the one that means we Leave the EU completely , no second referendum no pressure groups, it will be your decision, i made mine LEAVE MEANS LEAVE
regards
DR

But how? Via which deal? You can’t just say Leave. That’s like saying “I’m getting dressed now” but not choosing which clothes to put on.

Remember No Deal was ruled out by all at the time of the vote, so you know it can’t be No Deal.

Which version of Leave did everyone agree on then? Easy question, should be an easy answer.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

You do nothing to prove me wrong.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Never really got that argument about Brexit MP`s voting against TM`s deal ,nearly all Labour MP`s voted against it 3 times if i remember correctly .What were they voting for ?

The Tories with the DUP had a majority to outvote Labour, it was the ERG members within the Tories who defeated May's deal.
The Lewes Tory MP Maria Cauldwell being one of them despite Lewes constituency being 52% Remain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here