Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Nope, more misrepresentation from you, you cant help yourself can you. I said that a referendum result should be honoured and enacted, and in your silly imaginary ref if appeasement won then an appeasement treaty should be signed and completed. I also said that if at a future date there was another referendum after the appeasement treaty had been signed to no longer have appeasement then that referendum should be honoured too and an appeasement treaty undone, much in the same way that I have said if in the future there is a referendum to rejoin the EU after it has been enacted and after we have left and rejoin wins, then that should be honoured and we should rejoin the EU.
You however stand firm that referendums may not be honoured and enacted if you disagree with the decision given. You are an undemocratic loon.

I dont believe most people think its wrong to adhere to a vote and carry it through to finalisation even if one disagrees with the decision given. Most voters value parliamentary democratic accountability in this country. We have of course seen an upsurge in undemocratic loonery recently.(see lib dem remoaners) These people though will just have to live with themselves. At least, thanks to social media, we know who they are and are forever more known to be untrustworthy.
I wasnt shouting.

Loon away as much as you like. Testing your argument against the hypothesis of a 30s appeasement referendum seems to be resulting in you digging yourself into an ever deeper hole.

You now suggest that you think it would have been right to have carried out a policy of appeasement 'to finalisation' if it was voted for in a prewar referendum. What do you mean by 'finalisation'? The arrival of H Hitler in Westminster or the realisation that the policy as outlined three years earlier wasn't going to work?

The latter presumably. Fine. That means you accept the principle that the people can be allowed to revisit a proposition once it was clear it isn't going to work. As both our prospective PMs now espouse a Brexit policy that runs counter to the pre-referendum proposal I think most would agree that the 2016 notion isn't working. Time to measure the views of the people again.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Good to see leavers still terrified of any 2nd referendum, on the deal or No deal, that we actually end up having on the table, rather than the one that was promised ie easy trade deals, with added Unicorns, sunlit uplands etc etc.

aka complete bollocks.

We also all KNOW that 'the peoples will must be enacted' mantra, is a complete nonsense in light of what we know now. Still, I will let the leavers carry on destroying the country on my child's behalf. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Actually, we know your snowflakish ego's couldnt stand the thought of not being 'winners', which is far more important to you than the country.

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Good to see leavers still terrified of any 2nd referendum, on the deal or No deal, that we actually end up having on the table, rather than the one that was promised ie easy trade deals, with added Unicorns, sunlit uplands etc etc.

aka complete bollocks.

We also all KNOW that 'the peoples will must be enacted' mantra, is a complete nonsense in light of what we know now. Still, I will let the leavers carry on destroying the country on my child's behalf. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Actually, we know your snowflakish ego's couldnt stand the thought of not being 'winners', which is far more important to you than the country.
what do we know, FACTS only please
regards
DR

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
**** off you nauseating ****.

My wonderful diatribes have become less frequent the last few months because my dad died and things like Brexit, NSC and catching up on news of the Albion, even though they were the love of his life and we shared wonderful games together, have been the last thing on my priorities list.
Life is too ****ing short to be concerned with the pathetic ramblings of your ridiculous incessant droning and your constant name checking of other users as a defence mechanism because you have been made to look stupid.

But I will tell you something, he asked me before he died, even in his elderly state, if I would promise to push him up to Westminster in his wheelchair if Brexit was cancelled or they made us vote again so he could smash the shit out of parliament.
I didn’t need asking twice.
Be careful what you wish for whilst you wish to rob people of their vote.
It will end in tears if you get your wish, and people like you who have given groupthink succour to those that would seek to stop Brexit happening will be entirely to blame.

You alluded to illness in the family before and I am so sorry to hear what happened - I hope he was settled and content in his mind before he died. It's all we can ask.

Your reference to his views on Brexit and how they coincide with yours got me thinking, because earlier this morning I read an obit of Richard Moore. I hadn't heard of him either but he was an unworldly 88-year-old dreamer, a Liberal Party speechwriter and passionate pro-European. His son, with whom he seemed to have a warm relationship, was Charles Moore, Thatcher's biographer, ex-Telegraph editor and fierce right-wing Eurosceptic. A salient reminder about how human relationships can overcome the strongest of disagreements. My father, who died a long time ago, was a country Tory and I suspect would be anti-European. Regrettably, we never really discussed it.

PS Do be sure that your correspondent didn't know the circumstances of your absence. Life is too short.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
Typikal remoaning short of facts as always so heres one from me

You cant fit quicker than a kwitfit fitter

FACT!

Regards
DR

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You alluded to illness in the family before and I am so sorry to hear what happened - I hope he was settled and content in his mind before he died. It's all we can ask.

Your reference to his views on Brexit and how they coincide with yours got me thinking, because earlier this morning I read an obit of Richard Moore. I hadn't heard of him either but he was an unworldly 88-year-old dreamer, a Liberal Party speechwriter and passionate pro-European. His son, with whom he seemed to have a warm relationship, was Charles Moore, Thatcher's biographer, ex-Telegraph editor and fierce right-wing Eurosceptic. A salient reminder about how human relationships can overcome the strongest of disagreements. My father, who died a long time ago, was a country Tory and I suspect would be anti-European. Regrettably, we never really discussed it.

PS Do be sure that your correspondent didn't know the circumstances of your absence. Life is too short.

It interesting a lot of pensioners voted Brexit that is no secret, but when you get to those alive who actually remember WW2 the views aren't so pro-leave.

My own grandfather who passed away 5 years ago would now be 95 and would be absolutely horrified at the decision the country took in 2016

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Typikal remoaning short of facts as always so heres one from me

You cant fit quicker than a kwitfit fitter

FACT!

Regards
DR

I know its typiKal of remoaners

If only everyone came on here everyday around 3pm and furnished us with the facts you do...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I read an obit of Richard Moore. I hadn't heard of him either but he was an unworldly 88-year-old dreamer, a Liberal Party speechwriter and passionate pro-European. His son, with whom he seemed to have a warm relationship, was Charles Moore, Thatcher's biographer, ex-Telegraph editor and fierce right-wing Eurosceptic.

I read that in The Times as well. I had heard of him, but only as Charles Moore's Father as I knew he lived in the village of Whatlington near Battle on The A21 north of Hastings for many years and frequented The Royal Oak pub there. I didn't know he'd passed away until I read the obituary this morning too and I had no idea he was in The Lib Dems either. I think Charles Moore actually has a place a bit further north in The Etchingham area, for what it's worth.

I found The Bexhill and Battle Lib Dems obituary for him too which may interest you - https://bexhillandbattlelibdems.org.uk/en/article/2019/1307245/richard-gilachrist-moore

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
**** off you nauseating ****.

My wonderful diatribes have become less frequent the last few months because my dad died and things like Brexit, NSC and catching up on news of the Albion, even though they were the love of his life and we shared wonderful games together, have been the last thing on my priorities list.
Life is too ****ing short to be concerned with the pathetic ramblings of your ridiculous incessant droning and your constant name checking of other users as a defence mechanism because you have been made to look stupid.

But I will tell you something, he asked me before he died, even in his elderly state, if I would promise to push him up to Westminster in his wheelchair if Brexit was cancelled or they made us vote again so he could smash the shit out of parliament.
I didn’t need asking twice.
Be careful what you wish for whilst you wish to rob people of their vote.
It will end in tears if you get your wish, and people like you who have given groupthink succour to those that would seek to stop Brexit happening will be entirely to blame.

I'm sorry for your loss, and it's something I can identify with as my own father passed away 4 weeks tomorrow. I know how much work that can be on top of the emotional impact and you have my sympathies.

My father actually voted Leave at the referendum but changed his mind about 6 months later, as the facts became clear.

I will leave the insults to you, but when Brexit doesn't happen, it won't be because of me or any other remainer. It'll simply be because what was sold 3 years ago was an unimplementable fantasy :shrug:

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If you want to defend Leave.EU's former director of communications and Arron Bank's super bestie and agree with him that the Nazi propaganda machine was really clever, because someones said he admires them as the association with the Nazi's makes you as as a fellow leave voter feel uncomfortable and you don't like it - that's' fine - just try and enter into a conversation/or ridiculous argument as you call it, about the Nazis with someone who might be interested because I'm not - I was just pointing out who said it. Thanks.

I couldn't give a fig about the people you mention. The quoted text was untrue. I prefer the truth. But this thread should be consigned to the bin, people are very tetchy. Good luck to you whether you support Brexit, Remain or whatever. Let's just hope our country somehow emerges from this dreadful mess that Cameron and May have left us in.

Codner's Crackpipe

Feb 25, 2005
I read that in The Times as well. I had heard of him, but only as Charles Moore's Father as I knew he lived in the village of Whatlington near Battle on The A21 north of Hastings for many years and frequented The Royal Oak pub there. I didn't know he'd passed away until I read the obituary this morning too and I had no idea he was in The Lib Dems either. I think Charles Moore actually has a place a bit further north in The Etchingham area, for what it's worth.

I found The Bexhill and Battle Lib Dems obituary for him too which may interest you - https://bexhillandbattlelibdems.org.uk/en/article/2019/1307245/richard-gilachrist-moore

It's true, I passed him taking my son to school earlier and we exchanged good mornings. Our views don't align but he always seems genial enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here