Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Casting no judgement on the merits or lack of merits of the greenpeace position. I like to keep abreast of current affairs and its something that crossed my radar. Was surprised as well that given how much environmental affairs are in the news, this quite large organised lobby against this trade deal (after reading a few articles) are not gaining even more headline traction in the mainstream news that they probably hoped to be getting.

EDIT: It is of course entirely plausible that Greenpeace are talking out of their arse and their fears dont merit news headlines, cant say i have really looked into beyond becoming aware of their protest position

Thank God for that. I thought it may be one of your more regular hobbies.

So you saw an article, read it and copied and pasted it. Well, at least you read the article, something your friend [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION] could learn from.

I really look forward to your next nightshift of whataboutism, when you feel compelled to honour us with your next load of pointless Brexit bingo.

I'm assuming that these wonderful diatribes are getting less frequent as it has dawned, even on you, that it's not happening. Or is it just that you don't have time with your other hobbies demanding so much attention :wave:

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Casting no judgement on the merits or lack of merits of the greenpeace position. I like to keep abreast of current affairs and its something that crossed my radar. Was surprised as well that given how much environmental affairs are in the news, this quite large organised lobby against this trade deal (after reading a few articles) are not gaining even more headline traction in the mainstream news that they probably hoped to be getting.

EDIT: It is of course entirely plausible that Greenpeace are talking out of their arse and their fears dont merit news headlines, cant say i have really looked into beyond becoming aware of their protest position

The article from Greenpeace is thought provoking. It is better to focus our trade with our closest geographical neighbours which is what we currently do.

D

Deleted member 22389

So you saw an article, read it and copied and pasted it. Well, at least you read the article, something your friend [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION] could learn from.

I really look forward to your next nightshift of whataboutism, when you feel compelled to honour us with your next load of pointless Brexit bingo.

I'm assuming that these wonderful diatribes are getting less frequent as it has dawned, even on you, that it's not happening. Or is it just that you don't have time with your other hobbies demanding so much attention :wave:

I see you edited your post, just so you could quote my username. It's all getting a bit sad now.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I see you edited your post, just so you could quote my username. It's all getting a bit sad now.

I couldn't remember your name, I'm on a phone and had to look it up :shrug:

Has it not occurred to you that you putting up links to Mrs Miggins employing a new part time delivery boy, as proof that the CBI, TUC, Treasury, Bank of England and just about every trade body are completely wrong, may just open you up to a little criticism.

As I have said before, don't say stupid things on this thread and I won't point them out - deal?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Actually that white paper line did not include the EEC and simply mentioned the EU. The white paper also made reference to where despite parliament being sovereign, some sovereign powers have been ceded to Brussels (eg Commission delegated Acts).
That paper also mentions repealing the European Communities Act which makes provision for some types of Brussels legislation to have direct effect on the UK without the UK Parliament having to pass any further legislation and by thus repealing will return said sovereign powers to the UK.
I don’t claim this is wrong at all, so you can drop the uninformed drama queen act that triggering A50 was built on lies and somehow therefore on that basis open to judicial review

Forgive me as it's clearly taken you a while to formulate your response. Can you list the powers which were ceded in this way as clearly you're more informed than I am on the exact nature of these powers. Some examples where this is present in UK law will suffice, double points if these are things the UK objected to at EU / EEC level.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
[tweet]1146022757580386306[/tweet]
A newly-elected Green MEP claims he was asked to leave the European Parliament building in Strasbourg on his first day.

Mr Magid, 30, who was wearing a baseball cap and a T-shirt, said someone thought he was lost and therefore should not have been there.

The former Lord Mayor of Sheffield was elected as one of six MEP's for the Yorkshire and Humber region in May.

He said he did not know who the official who asked him to leave was.

He added: "I make people feel uncomfortable, people don't know how to react."

In a tweet, he said: "I know I'm visibly different. I don't have the privilege to hide my identity. I'm BLACK & my name is Magid.

"I don't intend to try fit in. Get used to it!"

Him being "BLACK" wouldn't have come into it. If I turned up to my first day at my job dressed like that, I'd have been told exactly the same.
What with the whole back-turning episode as well today, we're really winning people over aren't we.

At least he didn't churlishly turn his back during the EU anthem.

We all know the party that started that process in history... (I wonder if Farage et al actually knew that).

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The article from Greenpeace is thought provoking. It is better to focus our trade with our closest geographical neighbours which is what we currently do.

It was one point I actually agreed with Norman Baker, when he pointed out that flowers for Valentines and Mother's Day were being imported from Kenya, via airline, when Holland produces great flowers which can be delivered within a day, via lorry.
Before anyone points out that flowers are grown in the UK, yes, they are but using heated greenhouses.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It was one point I actually agreed with Norman Baker, when he pointed out that flowers for Valentines and Mother's Day were being imported from Kenya, via airline, when Holland produces great flowers which can be delivered within a day, via lorry.
Before anyone points out that flowers are grown in the UK, yes, they are but using heated greenhouses.

Really there is no excuse for consuming any flowers or food that is air freighted, this trade should be taxed out of existence, a line needs to drawn somewhere.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If Brexit isnt possible and isnt going to happen, how does your scenario work of leaving but not for very long. Dont think you thought that through.

It is possible we leave the EU, it is not possible you get the Brexit you envisage.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

**** off you nauseating ****.

My wonderful diatribes have become less frequent the last few months because my dad died and things like Brexit, NSC and catching up on news of the Albion, even though they were the love of his life and we shared wonderful games together, have been the last thing on my priorities list.
Life is too ****ing short to be concerned with the pathetic ramblings of your ridiculous incessant droning and your constant name checking of other users as a defence mechanism because you have been made to look stupid.

But I will tell you something, he asked me before he died, even in his elderly state, if I would promise to push him up to Westminster in his wheelchair if Brexit was cancelled or they made us vote again so he could smash the shit out of parliament.
I didn’t need asking twice.
Be careful what you wish for whilst you wish to rob people of their vote.
It will end in tears if you get your wish, and people like you who have given groupthink succour to those that would seek to stop Brexit happening will be entirely to blame.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Forgive me as it's clearly taken you a while to formulate your response. Can you list the powers which were ceded in this way as clearly you're more informed than I am on the exact nature of these powers. Some examples where this is present in UK law will suffice, double points if these are things the UK objected to at EU / EEC level.

Tell you what, it would be far quicker if you could just state that you don’t believe sovereign powers have been ceded to Brussels, you don’t believe directly applicable regulations from the EU, without the need for parliamentary approval exist and you don’t believe the EU has exclusive competence to legislate in some areas that do not require parliamentary approval either.
Save me and you a load of time and make the process much quicker.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Privately Joseph Goebbels is admired by some on the Brexit side

Brexit has been a lie from the start, the 2016 campaign was a masterclass in propaganda, still so many questions what really happened and an open NCA case against leave.eu

Where are we now? Well we've gone having our cake and eating it in 2016 to now in 2019 being told if we lose our jobs and businesses it will be worth it for the cause
No wish to enter this ridiculous argument but I wonder how you know that Goebbels is admired privately by some on the brexit side. There seems to be a contradiction.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
No wish to enter this ridiculous argument but I wonder how you know that Goebbels is admired privately by some on the brexit side. There seems to be a contradiction.

Probably because Andy Wigmore said the Nazi propaganda machine was very clever.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Probably because Andy Wigmore said the Nazi propaganda machine was very clever.
Well he was right. I would imagine that just about everyone would agree with that. Secondly, if he said that publicly then that's not private and third, expressing that someone is clever at something does not indicate admiration. I think Zaha and Ronaldo amongst others are very clever. Do I admire them?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Don't try and enter ridiculous arguments then...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Well he was right. I would imagine that just about everyone would agree with that. Secondly, if he said that publicly then that's not private and third, expressing that someone is clever at something does not indicate admiration. I think Zaha and Ronaldo amongst others are very clever. Do I admire them?

If you want to defend Leave.EU's former director of communications and Arron Bank's super bestie and agree with him that the Nazi propaganda machine was really clever, because someones said he admires them as the association with the Nazi's makes you as as a fellow leave voter feel uncomfortable and you don't like it - that's' fine - just try and enter into a conversation/or ridiculous argument as you call it, about the Nazis with someone who might be interested because I'm not - I was just pointing out who said it. Thanks.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
**** off you nauseating ****.

My wonderful diatribes have become less frequent the last few months because my dad died and things like Brexit, NSC and catching up on news of the Albion, even though they were the love of his life and we shared wonderful games together, have been the last thing on my priorities list.
Life is too ****ing short to be concerned with the pathetic ramblings of your ridiculous incessant droning and your constant name checking of other users as a defence mechanism because you have been made to look stupid.

But I will tell you something, he asked me before he died, even in his elderly state, if I would promise to push him up to Westminster in his wheelchair if Brexit was cancelled or they made us vote again so he could smash the shit out of parliament.
I didn’t need asking twice.
Be careful what you wish for whilst you wish to rob people of their vote.
It will end in tears if you get your wish, and people like you who have given groupthink succour to those that would seek to stop Brexit happening will be entirely to blame.

Sorry for your loss.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Tell you what, it would be far quicker if you could just state that you don’t believe sovereign powers have been ceded to Brussels, you don’t believe directly applicable regulations from the EU, without the need for parliamentary approval exist and you don’t believe the EU has exclusive competence to legislate in some areas that do not require parliamentary approval either.
Save me and you a load of time and make the process much quicker.

I'll take that as a "no" then.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here