Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Forget TMS and listen to this, be careful not to let pride overcome because your beer might taste a bit salty.

:cry::cry::cry:

https://youtu.be/BBi-KXc0CRk

That is absolutely brilliant, you know the song it was based on was first released in 1996, and football still has not come home, defeated at the last opportunity by a team that flew out from Brussels, it's all too spooky.

Jan 30, 2008
It's not a "national" anthem. It's the European anthem. Bit like how the Champions League has an anthem. Do you turn around when that plays? Are you scared the Champions League is becoming a Superstate?

**** me, what the **** happened to this country?

A minority of snow flakes and liberal do gooders in positions of influence ,that 's the problem with this country
regards
DR

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
[tweet]1146022757580386306[/tweet]
A newly-elected Green MEP claims he was asked to leave the European Parliament building in Strasbourg on his first day.

Mr Magid, 30, who was wearing a baseball cap and a T-shirt, said someone thought he was lost and therefore should not have been there.

The former Lord Mayor of Sheffield was elected as one of six MEP's for the Yorkshire and Humber region in May.

He said he did not know who the official who asked him to leave was.

He added: "I make people feel uncomfortable, people don't know how to react."

In a tweet, he said: "I know I'm visibly different. I don't have the privilege to hide my identity. I'm BLACK & my name is Magid.

"I don't intend to try fit in. Get used to it!"

Him being "BLACK" wouldn't have come into it. If I turned up to my first day at my job dressed like that, I'd have been told exactly the same.
What with the whole back-turning episode as well today, we're really winning people over aren't we.

Magid is a legend, in Sheffield.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The Tory leadership race is a farce with both candidates promising the undeliverable who ever wins will find the same Brexit issues I assume we will request another extension which will take us to beyond the next uk election

D

Deleted member 2719

This week will be made up with WI members asking questions about plum jam and dementia ridden old boys who thought it was gardeners question time and want to know how to force rhubarb.

Bruce may just get to see my forced rhubarb if she plays her cards right.

A

It’s not hard to see why people like you got so easily conned.

I know, if only was on the same level as you Clamp. :love:

Funny how often Financial advisors agree with the people they are selling to.

Also funny how he brought it up first, perhaps I gave it away by wearing my union jack y-fronts and also exposing my Rees-Mogg tattoos while opening the front door.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The Tory leadership race is a farce with both candidates promising the undeliverable who ever wins will find the same Brexit issues I assume we will request another extension which will take us to beyond the next uk election

Weird innit.
After all the arguments about lies and project fear and nobody knowing what they were voting for, after 3 years, with the 2 candidates going for the leadership and PM, they are still chuffing doing it and people are still believing what they want to believe, there are still no actual cast iron facts.
Personally I firmly believe that a hard brexit is an economic disaster and a disaster on many other fronts too, but you have Eeyore saying it will cost 90 billion and Johnson saying it won't, firm remainer Hunt the c*** now licking up to brexit having said before that it will be a disaster for the economy and business, but is now a price worth paying.
They are just saying whatever they want to say and what the audience of the day wants to hear.
Yet again they are treating you all like idiots, and yet again people are falling for it.
Will it cost 90 billion, I don't know, is Eeyore scaremongering again, are Johnson and Hunt avoiding answering the question becaus they know it will, and more.
And then you have The Brexit party, with the clown Farage and old bag Widdecombe behaving like children and making us an even bigger laughing stock than we already are.
All they want is their arse in No 10 and then they will give us all the finger as they always do.
If you are a leaver, fair enough, it's your choice, but please, wake up and smell the shit eminating from these 2 total planks.
Continue to want to leave if you want to but don't believe anything you are hearing.
Strangely enough I think there is more meat on the bone on here in some posts than anything I am hearing or reading in the so called media.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Brexit was always a bad idea and it has not become a good idea over the past 2.5 years it has cost two priministers their jobs we are about to get another one who again has no mandate to lead the country at this most difficult of times.

I still think leaving the EU would be such a disaster for our country that sensible politicians will do everything they can to stop it

This issue will have to go back to the people and everyone over the age of 60 which includes myself should not have a vote, my generation has cocked up everything its not my generations future as my generations future is right here now including Brexit my generation will be long gone by the time the mess we have made is sorted out

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Brexit was always a bad idea and it has not become a good idea over the past 2.5 years it has cost two priministers their jobs we are about to get another one who again has no mandate to lead the country at this most difficult of times.

I still think leaving the EU would be such a disaster for our country that sensible politicians will do everything they can to stop it

This issue will have to go back to the people and everyone over the age of 60 which includes myself should not have a vote, my generation has cocked up everything its not my generations future as my generations future is right here now including Brexit my generation will be long gone by the time the mess we have made is sorted out

Quality.
I would just about be allowed to vote, but it's my 14 year old and the kids that I am so concerned for, they don't want it and can't believe what the people they are supposed to look up to have gone and done.
If I was a Brexiteer and my daughter asked me to vote remain, I would have done, just as my parents voted remain for the same reasons, it's all about the kids and their futures and what they want, they said.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here