Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
More evidence that we are shooting ourselves in the foot.

Britain’s construction industry slumped to its worst monthly performance in more than 10 years in June as building firms blamed the Brexit crisis for a lack of new work.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jul/02/uk-construction-industry-housebuilders-brexit

I'm fairly certain that [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION] will be along soon to tell us about a planned loft conversion, or modest extension, in Milton Keynes that proves this to be well wide of the mark.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Leave supporter calls James O'Brien to tell him everything will be fine at the company he works for post-Brexit. So LBC rang his boss and asked. The response? Basically that it'll be a shitshow.

And thus the denial and departure from reality of Leave supporters was demonstrated.

This one interested me as he says that his company is a digital banking one, this is an area that I know something about so I was intrigued to find out more.

Turns out that the company makes barcodes, smart barcodes (whatever that means) but barcodes nonetheless. This is not ground-breaking technology and his company (a private company with liabilities of £300k) is not looking likely to be a world-beater.

The whole thing smacked of a desperate attempt to find an investor before it all went belly-up. Stuff about the whole country be cashless and the UK being a banker for the world suggest that he can't separate reality from fantasy

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ty-says-former-leader-william-hague-live-news

Q: I asked my taxi driver on the way here what he would like to ask. He wanted to know why the MLAs were being paid. What would you do to get the assembly up and running again?

Johnson says he would urge all sides to get the assembly back running again.

Q: What are the problems?

Johnson says people know what the problems are. Compromise is needed.

Q: What would you do?

Johnson says he would do what needs to be done.

(He does not sound as if he really knows much at all about the reasons for the Northern Ireland assembly being suspended.)

Top work, BoJo.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
[TWEET]1145644715565621249[/TWEET]

Leave supporter calls James O'Brien to tell him everything will be fine at the company he works for post-Brexit. So LBC rang his boss and asked. The response? Basically that it'll be a shitshow.

And thus the denial and departure from reality of Leave supporters was demonstrated.

That's painful and hilarious in one go. have you read the comments below? The caller comments and still bangs on and on without actually managing to mention what this mystery technology was.

He also blames O'Brien for damaging his relationship with 'SmartGlyph' - Mate, you made a tw@t of yourself on the radio and made the claims. What a knob.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This one interested me as he says that his company is a digital banking one, this is an area that I know something about so I was intrigued to find out more.

Turns out that the company makes barcodes, smart barcodes (whatever that means) but barcodes nonetheless. This is not ground-breaking technology and his company (a private company with liabilities of £300k) is not looking likely to be a world-beater.

The whole thing smacked of a desperate attempt to find an investor before it all went belly-up. Stuff about the whole country be cashless and the UK being a banker for the world suggest that he can't separate reality from fantasy

If you read the comments he is a very small company working out of Heckmondwike!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
No I don't ,I live in the United kingdom you live in the Czech republic , sounds like you're suffering from an identity crisis:dunce:
regards
DR

Unfortunately, its the UK that may soon be suffering an identify crisis when it fractures. And its people like you have created the situation...

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Brexiteers clearly live in a world of fantasy and make-believe for real. Its been showing for a couple of years now, but they seem to be descending into complete and utter delirium now.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
No I don't ,I live in the United kingdom you live in the Czech republic , sounds like you're suffering from an identity crisis:dunce:
regards
DR

Sounds like you suffering from your usual bout of stupidity. Both Nations are in the EU...STILL, whether you like that or not.

Jan 30, 2008
You find the prospect of job losses in construction as comedy gold? Seriously, everybody on this board, including Brexiteers, realise youre a turnip. You dont have to keep re-affirming it.
If I believed in every doom and gloom story put up on here I'd become depressed .#believe in Britain
Regards
DR

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Brexit has dragged on for so long , i can't see it going ahead now , politicians are clearly stalling so it looks like Britain , Germany and France will continue to bankroll the EU and the money can be skimmed on the way in and on the way out ...............Funny i didn't hear the yellow vest protests mentioned while i was there , is there really a blanket media ban....?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here