Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I think the softest of soft Brexits that is basically a Brexit In Name Only that keeps the advantages of the EU, yet placates the furious Brexiteer on the street who only cares about winning (even though they won't have done, but will think they have) is the best compromise.

But Brexit ultras will not be placated by a soft Brexit and their press puppets and snake oil salesman will make sure that Brexiteers-in-the-street won't be either. The ERG crew would have been content with a soft Brexit before the referendum but not now - their life history is all about wanting more and more and more the more you give them. They will never be satisfied.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
But Brexit ultras will not be placated by a soft Brexit and their press puppets and snake oil salesman will make sure that Brexiteers-in-the-street won't be either. They would have been content with a soft Brexit before the referendum but not now - their life history is all about wanting more and more and more the more you give them. They will never be satisfied.

This. When it comes to zealots appeasement doesn't work. No Deal doesn't even "kill off" the Brexit issue as it just makes Brexit and it's fallout the most important thing for the next two decades.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Why is it weird, I guess they believe in Democracy
and feel betrayed maybe they believe in Britain unlike your types
regards
DR

Well well, I've asked you many many questions over the past months on here and have never received any response so much so I assumed you must have me on ignore! But you can respond to a response I gave to another poster ! Before I respond to this latest post I would like your views on the many posts I have made directed at you?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Since the Brexit vote the EU has agreed trade deals with

1. Canada
2. Japan
3. Brazil
4. Argentina
5. Paraguay
6. Uruguay
7. Vietnam

It just keeps getting better, and better, and better.,..

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Until some leavers, publish some verifiable positives regarding Brexit, then it probably will carry on. As none of you are capable of this, what do you expect? You just put yourselves in the firing line to be mocked.

Surprise me.
Give me some coherent positives for the countries future, if the country goes into a no-deal exit.

Keep in mind that previous lies, and mis-truths have been exposed already..
The German car industry didnt go pleading to the EU demanding anything, as many on here predicted.

Leaving the largest trading bloc on the planet to trade with who? Keep in mind, most of the globe is poor, and who from the rest of the world, do we need to make deals with, that we dont trade with already via the EU.

A 70 vehicle exercise on what will happen if there is no deal, was frankly, laughable.

Quite.

Present a shit argument, can't really moan when it gets ripped apart and you get laughed at.

There is no good argument for No Deal.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But Brexit ultras will not be placated by a soft Brexit and their press puppets and snake oil salesman will make sure that Brexiteers-in-the-street won't be either. The ERG crew would have been content with a soft Brexit before the referendum but not now - their life history is all about wanting more and more and more the more you give them. They will never be satisfied.

I'm not convinced this is true. I think a huge majority of people - whether leave or remain - are utterly, utterly sick of Brexit and many will be happy to take the "win" of a (soft) Brexit and leave it there. Farage will still be able to whip up the extremes, but not the majority, or anything close to it.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
This shit goes on all week.

At least you can take a break from it all by having a nice chat with NSC's resident neo-nazi Das Reich though. Makes a change from all 'this shit'.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
More bad Brexit news.

Jaguar’s new electric XJ to be built in Birmingham

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/jaguars-new-electric-xj-to-be-built-in-birmingham-vn0gzppw5

Jaguar Land Rover is set to pump hundreds of millions of pounds into British car making — a rare dose of good news for an industry battered by Brexit uncertainty and the shift away from diesel.

Britain’s biggest automotive manufacturer is this week expected to reveal that it will build an all-electric version of its XJ luxury saloon at its Castle Bromwich factory in Birmingham. It will be the first of three electric cars to be built from a new common skeleton, offering a reprieve to the 2,500 workers at the former Spitfire aircraft plant, who recently agreed to work a four-day week.

The factory will shut for six weeks so that the production line at Castle Bromwich can be retooled, with work due to begin within days. The new XJ will be capable of travelling almost 300 miles on a single charge and is expected to arrive on forecourts next year.

It will be followed by a large electric sports utility vehicle (SUV), with a third electric model also in the works.

Jaguar’s decision comes at a pivotal time for the industry, which has been hit hard by Brexit uncertainty, the collapsing Chinese market and plunging sales of diesel cars. Bosses have warned that a no-deal Brexit would crush its competitiveness by piling on 10% tariffs and causing gridlock for supply chains that rely on just-in-time delivery.

he industry is on a collision course with Boris Johnson, the frontrunner to be prime minister, who has repeatedly said he will take Britain out of the EU by October 31 — with or without a deal. Jaguar’s boss, Ralf Speth, has been trying to secure assurances over the future trade relationship with the EU.

Nissan secured a secret promise of state aid from the government in 2016 to insulate it from a hard Brexit. Sources close to Jaguar said the Castle Bromwich investment was going ahead without government cash.

Ministers are expected to help with the cost of upgrading infrastructure such as power cables, though, and have provided funds for research and development.

Jaguar has already made an impact in the fast-growing electric car market with its I-Pace, which was named European Car of the Year in March. However, that is built at Magna Steyr in Austria. The new XJ will pit Jaguar squarely against Tesla, and it is hoped the model will appeal to chauffeur-driven Chinese executives.

Jaguar is in the middle of a deep cost- cutting drive designed to save £2.5bn, which includes axing 4,500 jobs. It lost £3.6bn last year after taking a £3.1bn impairment charge due to plummeting demand for its saloons and the lower value of its diesel technology. It sold 579,000 cars in the year to March, a 5.8% fall. Sales in China plunged by 34.1%.

The batteries for Jaguar’s models will come from a new assembly plant at nearby Hams Hall in Birmingham; the electric motors will be built at its huge engine complex near Wolverhampton.

The XJ is expected to feature hybrid and petrol engines at a later date. It will be built on Jaguar’s new “modular longitudinal architecture” — a base structure that will form the common skeleton of several models.

Castle Bromwich will continue making XE and XF saloons alongside the new electric models. It hopes to sell about 15,000 of the luxury saloons each year.

The investment comes amid a wave of change for Britain’s car industry. Ford has said it will close its Bridgend engine factory in South Wales in 2020 with the loss of 1,700 jobs, after unions failed to convince the Detroit-based giant to make electric car technology there.

BMW is due to begin making electric Minis at its Oxford factory from November, but has warned that it could quit the UK if Britain leaves the EU without a deal.

Nissan has been making its electric Leaf at its Sunderland factory since 2013.

Even the good news stories are bad news.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Even the good news stories are bad news.

You just know he only read this far :
Jaguar Land Rover is set to pump hundreds of millions of pounds into British car making — a rare dose of good news

D

Deleted member 22389

You just know he only read this far :
Jaguar Land Rover is set to pump hundreds of millions of pounds into British car making — a rare dose of good news

I could only read that far because I'm not a subscriber.

Jan 30, 2008
Well well, I've asked you many many questions over the past months on here and have never received any response so much so I assumed you must have me on ignore! But you can respond to a response I gave to another poster ! Before I respond to this latest post I would like your views on the many posts I have made directed at you?

Why would I have you on ignore ? I don't have any one on ignore , it's a Democratic society I don't need to bury my head in the sand

regards
DR

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm not convinced this is true. I think a huge majority of people - whether leave or remain - are utterly, utterly sick of Brexit and many will be happy to take the "win" of a (soft) Brexit and leave it there. Farage will still be able to whip up the extremes, but not the majority, or anything close to it.

The problem with The ERG is that Brexit is all they have. If we could have a Bobby and Pam Ewing from Dallas moment and the last 4 years was just a bad dream, The ERG would just be a bunch of irrelevant, marginalised, oddballs dozing off and dribbling over themselves on the backbenches, occasionally stirring to brand climate change and same sex marriage and whatever other things they don't like as political correctness gone mad. Because the last 4 years has unfortunately happened, they've now got attention, exposure, power and a perceived level of importance they could never have dreamed of. The blame game, cries of 'Betrayal!', references to World War 2, outrage, casual and overt xenophobia, Mark Francois mentioning he was in the army, Jacob Rees Mogg saying something is the biggest national humiliation since Old Etonians lost to Blackburn Olympic in the 1883 FA Cup Final - they're never going to stop and nothing will ever be acceptable.

Jan 30, 2008
Until some leavers, publish some verifiable positives regarding Brexit, then it probably will carry on. As none of you are capable of this, what do you expect? You just put yourselves in the firing line to be mocked.

Surprise me.
Give me some coherent positives for the countries future, if the country goes into a no-deal exit.

Keep in mind that previous lies, and mis-truths have been exposed already..
The German car industry didnt go pleading to the EU demanding anything, as many on here predicted.

Leaving the largest trading bloc on the planet to trade with who? Keep in mind, most of the globe is poor, and who from the rest of the world, do we need to make deals with, that we dont trade with already via the EU.

A 70 vehicle exercise on what will happen if there is no deal, was frankly, laughable.

The EU will still want to trade with us and vise versa, but not within the EU framework ,you make it sound like the country will be falling apart , maybe you need to keep an eye out on those Czech euro sceptics, who will be the next country to join us when we leave out of interest?
Regards
DR

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The problem is nobody is listening to the grown ups, they're denounced as "Remaoners", "Enemies of the People" and even "traitors".

As for Melanie Phillips, after she was quoted extensively in Anders Breivik's "manifesto" which he used to justify murdering several people it's extraordinary she's still employed. Utterly extraordinary.

Islamaphobe, homophobe, climate change denier, antivaxer, she is ticking all the boxes to be our next Prime Minister to be honest.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
The EU will still want to trade with us and vise versa, but not within the EU framework ,you make it sound like the country will be falling apart , maybe you need to keep an eye out on those Czech euro sceptics, who will be the next country to join us when we leave out of interest?
Regards
DR

Czech the next country to leave? :lol: European countries have witnessed what has/is happening to the UK because of Brexit. Yeah, they will all be rushing to replicate it.
Of course the EU will continue to trade with the UK, but the UK will be disadvantaged by it. What part of stupidity are you not grasping?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here