Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Quite happy to destroy their own country for their own personal gain, and yet somehow Remainers are the "traitors"...

Their obsession with Europe is way worse than I ever understood.

But lets face is 59% of Tory members voted for the Brexit party in the European elections, that is why we will end up with Alexander Johnson - he is only one just delivers the lies they want to hear

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Their obsession with Europe is way worse than I ever understood.

But lets face is 59% of Tory members voted for the Brexit party in the European elections, that is why we will end up with Alexander Johnson - he is only one just delivers the lies they want to hear

Old saying: you get the politicians you deserve. Johnson's premiership must be payback for something terrible the UK has done at some point.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Quite happy to destroy their own country for their own personal gain, and yet somehow Remainers are the "traitors"...

Where is this proof that the country will be 'destroyed'?

I may change my mind once I have seen irrefutable evidence of such.

Can you please define 'destroyed' in this context?

An event that hasn't happened before, yet a few Mystic Megs know the future. Fantastic.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Last word, I don't really go with politicians on either side, so names mean little to me. I do think the EU rule is totalitarian and they give me no reason to believe otherwise. They are trying hard to blackmail us, hold us to ransom and I am happy that we stand up for ourselves. When I see/hear Junker and Barnier, unelected civil servants, telling us how to run our country I want to throttle them. We are infamously known as the bad cousin in Europe and I'm happy to be that. They need us, we need them, but I prefer it on our terms, from our elected politicians, not the bile spilling hatred of the UK from Europeans. They will try and they will fail, that is just the way we are as a country. We don't take shit.

You have admitted you have no idea how the European Union works. Jean-Claude Juncker is the EU President, 15 July 2014, the European Parliament elected him with a majority of 422 votes from a total of 729 cast. There is an election every 2.5 years. He is an elected MEP.
Did you vote for Theresa May to be Prime Minister? David Cameron? Are you able to choose the next Prime Minister?

Michel Barnier is the Negotiator for Brexit. It's the equivalent of David Davies, Stephen Barclay or Dominic Raab. In other words, an elected MEP given a ministerial role in the European Parliament, therefore an elected MEP.

Britain does not sit around twiddling its thumbs taking orders from Brussels and Strasbourg but has 73 of the 750 seats in the Parliament. Many of the EU laws have been introduced by us, and we have only voted against 2% of them (mainly to do with tax evasion)

Btw, I've just returned from France, where I found everyone to be friendly, polite and helpful. I didn't hear or see any bile, or contempt.
One young lady in the Hyper U was delighted to try out her English on us.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

Erm, the proof is in the numbers on that graph. Around 60% would be happy to see Scotland and Northern Ireland leave the UK if it meant the UK leaving the EU.

If you don't think the break up of a nation constitutes "destroying" it, what does?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Can you please define 'destroyed' in this context?

An event that hasn't happened before, yet a few Mystic Megs know the future. Fantastic.

Don't you think Scotland and Northern Ireland leaving the Union will destroy us? It will 'destroy' the United Kingdom which will no longer be United.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Old saying: you get the politicians you deserve. Johnson's premiership must be payback for something terrible the UK has done at some point.

Well until we get Johnson, get a GE and he wins the UK doesn't deserve him. If we do, the punishment will be deserved.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And if the Scotch vote to go it alone in the next few years anyway?

Please don't show your ignorance of the Scottish people by referring to them as a drink. If you are trying to be witty, it isn't working.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
And if the Scotch vote to go it alone in the next few years anyway?

If they are listened to they won't go it alone, but I'm afraid the arrogance from sections of the English population is creating this, their nationalism is only stoking nationalism north of the border.

If they go it alone, can we still call ourselves British Citizens?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If they are listened to they won't go it alone, but I'm afraid the arrogance from sections of the English population is creating this, their nationalism is only stoking nationalism north of the border.

So, do I understand correctly that the reason Nicola Sturgeon & Co wish to go it alone is because of English arrogance?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Erm, the proof is in the numbers on that graph. Around 60% would be happy to see Scotland and Northern Ireland leave the UK if it meant the UK leaving the EU.

If you don't think the break up of a nation constitutes "destroying" it, what does?

Don't you think Scotland and Northern Ireland leaving the Union will destroy us? It will 'destroy' the United Kingdom which will no longer be United.

It's a dead horse that bolted from the stables a long time ago that you're flogging talking about the Union to an English no deal advocate - they do not care a jot.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So, do I understand correctly that the reason Nicola Sturgeon & Co wish to go it alone is because of English arrogance?

Well she has her agenda we know that, but arrogance towards them just fuels their own nationalism and has the potential to create a majority for independence from the UK

If all the countries in the UK actually wanted Brexit we wouldn't be in this pickle. Not only was the referendum tainted by fraud but it was also incredibly poorly thought through

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here