Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
After all your bravado isn't it time you came to your senses and admit we're leaving the EU or are you another undemocratic Denialist like Watfrod bloke , plooks , Mr custard face and poor old H
regards
DR

Your trivial little comment has been noted.... again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All the experts told you leaving the EU would be a ****ing monumentally stupid thing to do...

Michael Gove has said, today, it was a mistake triggering Article 50 without a plan.

:facepalm:

It now begs the question, why not revoke Article 50, formulate a plan and then carry it out.

As for the fairy's comment, the pound has dived, and dived again.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Tom Watson's "Our members are Remain" is a high risk strategy. Would maybe have sounded more convincing coming from his mousey party leader. Nobody yet has a clue what HIS stance is. Bizarre.
I hear this time and time again and I can only assume that people who say it are either a) only reading the Mail/Express etc or b) wilfully ignorant. His position has been consistent for a year. Actually it's not his position, its the members' as voted for at conference. In the Labour Party it is the members who form the policy. We 1) respect the result of the referendum 2) call for a GE 3) if elected go for a softer Brexit 4) if we can't get that we do everything including a PV to prevent a hard right/no deal/WTO Brexit. In a nutshell we believe Brexit should happen and we should try to get the best/least damaging one we can.

People obviously disagree with this. Remainers want to overthrow the vote, Faragists want to storm out regardless of the damage. Can't say I want either of those, so the Labour Party stance looks the most reasonable to me.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I hear this time and time again and I can only assume that people who say it are either a) only reading the Mail/Express etc or b) wilfully ignorant. His position has been consistent for a year. Actually it's not his position, its the members' as voted for at conference. In the Labour Party it is the members who form the policy. We 1) respect the result of the referendum 2) call for a GE 3) if elected go for a softer Brexit 4) if we can't get that we do everything including a PV to prevent a hard right/no deal/WTO Brexit. In a nutshell we believe Brexit should happen and we should try to get the best/least damaging one we can.

People obviously disagree with this. Remainers want to overthrow the vote, Faragists want to storm out regardless of the damage. Can't say I want either of those, so the Labour Party stance looks the most reasonable to me.

So there's no lack of clarity on Corbyn's Brexit stance then? Righty-ho. Maybe someone should spell it out to Tom Watson then. And to the country at large.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

What is their stance today, I know what it was yesterday?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
And it did.

Hey - those experts, eh?

On this point I watched a Politics programme from Northern Ireland. there was a panel of business-people and industry experts. They outlined the consequences of a no-deal Brexit in great detail (stats, projections etc) It would, one said, throw the economy of Norther Ireland 'under a bus'. It was as near as you could get to an unanswerable case. They then went to someone who runs a blog for Conservative Women: "Well I'm not an expert but...…………" and then all the crap about Remainer pessimism and not believing in the country. It made for gruesome viewing.
Then later that evening we had the Tory contenders. Aside from Rory S. it was a case study of what happens when the lunatics take over the asylum.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Michael Gove has said, today, it was a mistake triggering Article 50 without a plan.

:facepalm:

It now begs the question, why not revoke Article 50, formulate a plan and then carry it out.

As for the fairy's comment, the pound has dived, and dived again.

Ssh...... he'll never guess.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is the world going to end Drama queen ?
Regards
DR

Who’s being a drama queen?

I merely pointed out that until we actually leave, nobody can say for certain what will happen.

I certainly didn’t suggest that the world was going to end, did I?

Try thinking before your knee-jerk reactions to everything and everyone.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Whilst I sympathise, the explanation is probably pretty simple. The refusal, as you put it, to debate is quite obviously a differing of views. It's like saying to a Palace fan, let's have a debate as to who is better. There will never be an agreement. Asking for the minutiae and then picking it apart is totally pointless imho. You have your view, Leavers have another, and NEVER the twain shall meet.

With regards to the repeated questions 'what sort blah blah', well that is for our elected representatives to sort out. I voted to Leave the EU. That's the end of it, when I buy a Chiliburger and fries I don't then ask intrinsic detail. I leave that to the experts. I am sure you are great at your job, but sorting out the exit deal is most likely not one of them. Leave it to those who are paid to do so. The continued attempts at Stayers to try and rip apart Leavers' thoughts and wishes is extremely childish and quite patronising. I really don't feel the need to share such info. My opinion IS worth as much as yours or any other, and I know why I voted as I did.

Now THAT is the post of the month, encapsulates everything.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whilst I sympathise, the explanation is probably pretty simple. The refusal, as you put it, to debate is quite obviously a differing of views. It's like saying to a Palace fan, let's have a debate as to who is better. There will never be an agreement. Asking for the minutiae and then picking it apart is totally pointless imho. You have your view, Leavers have another, and NEVER the twain shall meet.

With regards to the repeated questions 'what sort blah blah', well that is for our elected representatives to sort out. I voted to Leave the EU. That's the end of it, when I buy a Chiliburger and fries I don't then ask intrinsic detail. I leave that to the experts. I am sure you are great at your job, but sorting out the exit deal is most likely not one of them. Leave it to those who are paid to do so. The continued attempts at Stayers to try and rip apart Leavers' thoughts and wishes is extremely childish and quite patronising. I really don't feel the need to share such info. My opinion IS worth as much as yours or any other, and I know why I voted as I did.

Who are these experts? People who didn't realise the Irish border question was going to break an interntational treaty? People who admitted they didn't realise that Dover was so important to trade. People who pretended to listen to business leaders but then said f*** business. People who want to weasle out of paying redundancy payments to EU workers in Brussels, and consequently their pensions. People who are running the NHS down so it can be privatised.
Which people are such experts that you trust them to do a deal? Which deal do you trust them to deliver?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Who’s being a drama queen?

I merely pointed out that until we actually leave, nobody can say for certain what will happen.

I certainly didn’t suggest that the world was going to end, did I?

Try thinking before your knee-jerk reactions to everything and everyone.

I think you may have lost him with that option......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here