Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Bravo. I see you've been reading Wilde again.

List of people who think that Soy Boy is hilarious: you, [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] and the dear departed Looney. That's it. Now, I wonder if anyone can think what the three of you have in common......

Is it......BRAINFORCE*?

[TWEET]926546199011786752[/TWEET]

*Contains Soy

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There seems to be a lack of input from some of our more profligate friends on here recently.

It couldn't be that with the prospect of Johnson as PM on a 'no deal' ticket, it has finally dawned on them exactly what 'sunny uplands' means ? :angel:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
There seems to be a lack of input from some of our more profligate friends on here recently.

It couldn't be that with the prospect of Johnson as PM on a 'no deal' ticket, it has finally dawned on them exactly what 'sunny uplands' means ? :angel:

There is a bit of a 'summer break' so far as I'm concerned. The Blues sort their leader out, Cricket on the box and Lidl/Waitrose run out of bog rolls and pasta tubes as the Armageddon of Hallowe'en approaches. Watch this space.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

No, it's because most of us have got a tad bored of the ongoing posts that play the man rather than the ball. 90% of which are from remainers over the last 6 pages or so. It's tiresome and not clever .... although there are a handful that think they are clever and superior.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There is a bit of a 'summer break' so far as I'm concerned. The Blues sort their leader out, Cricket on the box and Lidl/Waitrose run out of bog rolls and pasta tubes as the Armageddon of Hallowe'en approaches. Watch this space.

There is indeed :thumbsup:

And then we go back to exactly where we were before, just with a different PM that will make absolutely no difference to the question :facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No, it's because most of us have got a tad bored of the ongoing posts that play the man rather than the ball. 90% of which are from remainers over the last 6 pages or so. It's tiresome and not clever .... although there are a handful that think they are clever and superiour.

superior :wink:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Had a struggle to get Plain Flour the other day, Lidl right out and I bought one of the last half dozen packets left on Thursday in Morrisons. Armageddon or Rhubarb Crumble Season ?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
No, it's because most of us have got a tad bored of the ongoing posts that play the man rather than the ball. 90% of which are from remainers over the last 6 pages or so. It's tiresome and not clever .... although there are a handful that think they are clever and superior.

I think it would be fair to say 'playing the man and not the ball' is a regrettable characteristic of posts on both sides of the debate and not just remainers. I agree that it is boring, repetitive - and sometimes the language has been plain offensive. I hope you agree.

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think it would be fair to say 'playing the man and not the ball' is a regrettable characteristic of posts on both sides of the debate and not just remainers. I agree that it is boring, repetitive - and sometimes the language has been plain offensive. I hope you agree.

Well, if he doesn't, I do.
I feel this thread ran its course some while ago. Its now a daily display of intransigence, arrogance, rudeness and immaturity. Its become a game to many on here. Trading insults on a level that does disrespect to the playground.
It cannot develop any further. This thread serves no purpose anymore. I agree, its boring and repetitive and the same culprits cannot free themselves from the shackles of resentment or gloating. Its clearly a devisive isssue and when reasonable debate goes out the window, it resorts back to the worst kind of antagonism and boorishness.
Is this thread gonna be allowed to drag on painfully ad infinitum or will commonsense prevail and it is put to sleep quietly, allowing individual topics, within the overall context of Brexit to be discussed on a more mature and sensible level.( Mods....please take note )
The same names crop up on here day after day after day, purporting to be leading authorities on the subject and shouting down anyone with a different viewpoint. The truth is, there is no authority on the subject because its never happened before. People read projections about the future and grab them and run with them because they back up their own feelings but ultimately, they are just projections. No one knows for sure because no one knows what actions and decisions will be taken in the future.The global market is ever changing and the skill is anticipating what changes are naturally taking place and being ready for them and differentiating between these and specific changes brought about by leaving the EU.
There is nothing to be gained from the " I told you so " attitude, revelling in the slightest negativity and the " Get used to it, you lost " attitude, from those who come on here suggesting its about winning and losing. Its pathetic and childish.
The real sadness is that its probably a reflection of society at large.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Well, if he doesn't, I do.
I feel this thread ran its course some while ago. Its now a daily display of intransigence, arrogance, rudeness and immaturity. Its become a game to many on here. Trading insults on a level that does disrespect to the playground.
It cannot develop any further. This thread serves no purpose anymore. I agree, its boring and repetitive and the same culprits cannot free themselves from the shackles of resentment or gloating. Its clearly a devisive isssue and when reasonable debate goes out the window, it resorts back to the worst kind of antagonism and boorishness.
Is this thread gonna be allowed to drag on painfully ad infinitum or will commonsense prevail and it is put to sleep quietly, allowing individual topics, within the overall context of Brexit to be discussed on a more mature and sensible level.( Mods....please take note )
The same names crop up on here day after day after day, purporting to be leading authorities on the subject and shouting down anyone with a different viewpoint. The truth is, there is no authority on the subject because its never happened before. People read projections about the future and grab them and run with them because they back up their own feelings but ultimately, they are just projections. No one knows for sure because no one knows what actions and decisions will be taken in the future.The global market is ever changing and the skill is anticipating what changes are naturally taking place and being ready for them and differentiating between these and specific changes brought about by leaving the EU.
There is nothing to be gained from the " I told you so " attitude, revelling in the slightest negativity and the " Get used to it, you lost " attitude, from those who come on here suggesting its about winning and losing. Its pathetic and childish.
The real sadness is that its probably a reflection of society at large.

...led by opinion formers on TV who really should take a long hard look at themselves for what they have helped to cause.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here