Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I'd like to share a secret. Re the tory candidates and their Brexit plans. There are no plans. For some reason this made me think of Blackadder:

Baldrick: Well, I have a cunning plan, sir.
Edmund: All right, Baldrick — for old time’s sake.
Baldrick: I have a plan, sir.
Edmund: Really, Baldrick? A cunning and subtle one?
Baldrick: Yes, sir.
Edmund: As cunning as a fox who’s just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?
Voice: On the signal, company will advance!
Edmund: Well, I’m afraid it’ll have to wait. Whatever it was, I’m sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?

Jan 30, 2008
I'd like to share a secret. Re the tory candidates and their Brexit plans. There are no plans. For some reason this made me think of Blackadder:

Baldrick: Well, I have a cunning plan, sir.
Edmund: All right, Baldrick — for old time’s sake.
Baldrick: I have a plan, sir.
Edmund: Really, Baldrick? A cunning and subtle one?
Edmund: As cunning as a fox who’s just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?
Voice: On the signal, company will advance!
Edmund: Well, I’m afraid it’ll have to wait. Whatever it was, I’m sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?

The plan is to leave the EU cloth ears ,you're still sleep walking out of the EU wakey wakey not long now you know , how does it feel after all this time bickering on about remaining and here we are now just a few months away from acting on the referendum result and LÈAVING the EU thanks to Nige and the Brexit party and also the Tory party getting rid of Mrs May ,take it all in and look forward to an independent UK free from the Beurocrasy of Brussles
Regards
DR

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
The plan is to leave the EU cloth ears ,you're still sleep walking out of the EU wakey wakey not long now you know , how does it feel after all this time bickering on about remaining and here we are now just a few months away from acting on the referendum result and LÈAVING the EU thanks to Nige and the Brexit party and also the Tory party getting rid of Mrs May ,take it all in and look forward to an independent UK free from the Beurocrasy of Brussles
Regards
DR

Pardon?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
The plan is to leave the EU cloth ears

an independent UK free from the Beurocrasy of Brussles
Regards
DR

Do we all have to make these cloth ears? Is leaving the EU with some cloth ears part of May's deal, has Boris said it, or is part of the divorce payment? I missed the bit about cloth ears on the news.

Without all that Beurocrasy can we do away with English lessons also?

Jan 30, 2008
Do we all have to make these cloth ears? Is leaving the EU with some cloth ears part of May's deal, has Boris said it, or is part of the divorce payment? I missed the bit about cloth ears on the news.

Yes ,bad spelling on my behalf but I'm not losing sleep over it
Regards
DR

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Given its etymology and that spelling I'm starting to assume that failing basic French at school was what turned him in to a Nazi.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Nice but right now I'm concerned about the million or so manufacturing jobs under threat from a no deal Brexit. Real risks for areas of the country that have little else.

The government's industry strategy is in tatters, real people's lives are getting destroyed.

Suggest you look at the last 50 years and you might spot a trend.
Manufacturing as a percentage of our GDP has declined from 30% in 1970 to 12% in 2010. In the last decade, we have lost 600,000 jobs in manufacturing. Its been shrinking and crashing for decades. We are now a service based country and will only get stronger and stronger in that area and weaker and weaker in manufacturing.
There are currently 2.7 million people employed in manufacturing, a pitiful amount compared to 40-50 years ago. Brexit ( deal or no deal ) will directly cause some losses but many will be down to market trends. Much of the rest of the world has taken advantage of our governmental policy, started in the 1980's that saw our heavy industry allowed to decline and our service sector encouraged to grow. Now we sit in the EU, trying to benefit from tariff free trading but we fail to maximise this benefit because we don't produce enough goods. Hence a massive trading deficit with Europe.
Our terms should have been re-negotiated years ago but our politicians let us down over and over again and now it is too late, the die is cast. Shame really, cos better and stronger negotiation in recent years could have reaped more benefit for us. Still, I suppose we can all look forward to being an off-shore tax haven post Brexit, with investment flooding in from all over the world and our financial services being the envy of the world. Just a pity we won't make anything anymore.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Still on the Soy I see
Regards
DR

Bravo. I see you've been reading Wilde again.

List of people who think that Soy Boy is hilarious: you, [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] and the dear departed Looney. That's it. Now, I wonder if anyone can think what the three of you have in common......

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Regards
DR

'bureacracy of Brussels'.... Are you EU representative for the Brexit Party or UKIP by any chance? They only send their finest....

Jan 30, 2008
Bravo. I see you've been reading Wilde again.

List of people who think that Soy Boy is hilarious: you, [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] and the dear departed Looney. That's it. Now, I wonder if anyone can think what the three of you have in common......
Keep dishing out the slurs and you'll get them back it's as simple as that, fair's fair eh
regards
DR

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Manufacturing as a percentage of our GDP has declined from 30% in 1970 to 12% in 2010. In the last decade, we have lost 600,000 jobs in manufacturing. Its been shrinking and crashing for decades. We are now a service based country and will only get stronger and stronger in that area and weaker and weaker in manufacturing.
There are currently 2.7 million people employed in manufacturing, a pitiful amount compared to 40-50 years ago. Brexit ( deal or no deal ) will directly cause some losses but many will be down to market trends. Much of the rest of the world has taken advantage of our governmental policy, started in the 1980's that saw our heavy industry allowed to decline and our service sector encouraged to grow. Now we sit in the EU, trying to benefit from tariff free trading but we fail to maximise this benefit because we don't produce enough goods. Hence a massive trading deficit with Europe.
Our terms should have been re-negotiated years ago but our politicians let us down over and over again and now it is too late, the die is cast. Shame really, cos better and stronger negotiation in recent years could have reaped more benefit for us. Still, I suppose we can all look forward to being an off-shore tax haven post Brexit, with investment flooding in from all over the world and our financial services being the envy of the world. Just a pity we won't make anything anymore.

Well, I admire you optimism, but it ain't looking good so far....

Capture.JPG

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

.... just more money for the super rich who wanted Brexit all along.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here