Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Opinions opinions, I think the Speaker is a marvellous politician, wonderful in his attention to detail and preventing the disaster which you crave. He'd get my vote over any other Tory, alongside that Gentleman, Rory Stewart.

Plus, alongside the 'Buckinghamshire Campaign for Democracy' who came second, he beat Farage into third place in the 2010 General Election in his Buckingham constituency. :lolol:

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
...on your behalf I withdraw the comment with apologies for my error.
I am obviously experiencing a sense of humour 'shortfall' at the moment!

Not only that i was wondering what you really meant that i might be coming from a particularly dreary place , i was only commenting on your post by the way ?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Not only that i was wondering what you really meant that i might be coming from a particularly dreary place , i was only commenting on your post by the way ?

For you to believe my posts suggest I am excitable, then you must be in a fairly unexciting (dreary) mindset (place)......

I am sure you don't have a dull life - and equally sure my messages do not show me to be excitable. Passionate, yes, excitable..... I don't think so.

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
For you to believe my posts suggest I am excitable, then you must be in a fairly unexciting (dreary) mindset (place)......

I am sure you don't have a dull life - and equally sure my messages do not show me to be excitable. Passionate, yes, excitable..... I don't think so.

Must be great to be a mind reader ,anyway i was only pulling your leg ,everyone is doing it on this thread you should know that,as for Brexit the Genie is out of the bottle i`m afraid with the Country split down the middle one side is never going to be happy which ever way it goes IMO.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Must be great to be a mind reader ,anyway i was only pulling your leg ,everyone is doing it on this thread you should know that,as for Brexit the Genie is out of the bottle i`m afraid with the Country split down the middle one side is never going to be happy which ever way it goes IMO.

Yes, Pandora's Box is open and we will no doubt get the outcome some of us deserve.......

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
ARCH-Tory Remainer Oliver Letwin has reluctantly admitted Parliament has run out of options to prevent the next prime minister pushing through a no-deal Brexit.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Funny that in the week that it was reported the UK gained more inward investment than Germany and France combined!

Not the full story though. Yes, we are above Germany and France combined. We REMAIN above them. The gap is closing. Meaning investment is falling in the U.K and is already below the EU average in digital investment. So the figures are actually a bad sign;

"The UK remains Europe’s top destination for inward investment, but its star is waning as Brexit uncertainty allows Germany and France to close the gap.

Last year the UK attracted 6% more foreign direct investment (FDI) projects that the previous year, according to figures compiled by EY in a survey of 450 global investors, but fell behind France, which grew by 31%, and the European average growth rate of 10%.

EY said the UK’s market share fell for the second successive year in 2017 and was likely to suffer a further decline as investors said they favoured Germany for the future. France was in second place, supported by the “Macron effect”, and the UK came third.

The UK attracted 1,205 FDI projects in 2017 compared with France’s 1,019.

CBI cuts forecast for UK economic growth as Brexit concerns linger

Britain enjoyed a 22% boost in foreign investment into digital enterprises, but this compared with an average 33% rise across Europe.

Investor concerns over Brexit were felt most in financial services, business services and a decline in the number of firms opening headquarters in the UK".

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jun/11/germany-france-uk-foreign-investment-brexit-ey

But don't let the facts ruin your fantasy.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Interesting analysis by Portillo, but I've read the same elsewhere.

1) Boris will win and become PM

2) He will go back to EU and offer them what the EU wanted in the first place. A backstop that applies to Northern Ireland only, effectively leaving them in the EU.

3) He would normally struggle to get the numbers in Parliament (DUP won't agree), but will force it over the line via calling a referendum of the people of Northern Ireland you will agree.

4) Having blown up the small Tory majority, he will then have to call a general election........

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

2) He will go back to EU and offer them what the EU wanted in the first place. A backstop that applies to Northern Ireland only, effectively leaving them in the EU.

3) He would normally struggle to get the numbers in Parliament (DUP won't agree), but will force it over the line via calling a referendum of the people of Northern Ireland you will agree.

4) Having blown up the small Tory majority, he will then have to call a general election........

A good plan which might actually work.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Could Boris be last PM of the United Kingdom?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here