Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
Boris says there will be “mortal retribution” if we don’t quit.
It’s rhetoric like this that gets the brexiteers frothing at the mouth. It’s not far off incitement to riot.
Right now we need a measured, pragmatic PM with everyone’s interests in mind. Not this clown.
We need to be leaving the EU not time wasting on stalling tactics, who's the clown:dunce:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
No, I wont shut up why should I, all I'm asking for is my vote to be respected and for the UK to leave the EU, you and your gang won't bully me off this thread...........:wink: LEAVE MEANS LEAVE
regards
DR

D

Deleted member 2719

No deal could end up being worse than expected, with scores of people significantly affected and and some people would still believe that they have 'won'.

I really think there is something extremely pathological going on with a significant chunk of people going on at the moment and I don't think it's going to end well.

I can tell you where it will end, a massive big puddle because of the extra greenhouse gases all you lot have been letting go while getting so upset, the snowflakes will melt and you may even evaporate.

Mind you what would a thick leaver like me know.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I can only talk from my own personal perspective and would never tempt to predict how Brexit will turn out for our country/ society.
So - my wife is Irish and therefore my two teenage children have dual British and Irish passports. Crucially this means their options are open for them to decide how and where they can work in Europe regardless of no deal/deal. Psychologically this is massive - to have an option available to you , regardless of whether or not you take that opportunity is so important- when that option is no longer available it suddenly takes on so much more significance.
Cue Joni Mitchell.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Out with the race card is always very classy.

He is a racist. One of the very few on this board. I'm not gonna bother educating or engaging with you further, you're a bore but look at his history. Das Reich, anyone?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Out with the race card is always very classy.

Would you describe calling yourself Das Reich and linking to anti-semitic youtube channels classy? Or would you call it racist?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Complete Soy boy
regards
DR

You were banned for anti-semitic drivel. Not trying to bully you in the least but all the time you continue to insult and attack other users and not get banned, I will call you out on your racist behaviour. You still sign off DR, you're a racist ****wit.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I can tell you where it will end, a massive big puddle because of the extra greenhouse gases all you lot have been letting go while getting so upset, the snowflakes will melt and you may even evaporate.

If you believe you are thick, as you state, have a read of this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_from_Freedom

His initial book, and likely his most influential work, was called Escape From Freedom, published near the beginning of World War II. In it he described freedom as the greatest problem for most individuals. With freedom, according to Fromm, comes an overwhelming sense of aloneness and an inability to exert individual power. He argued that we use several different techniques to alleviate the anxiety associated with our perception of freedom, including automaton, conformity, authoritarianism, destructiveness, and individuation.

The most common of these is automaton conformity. Fromm argued that with the anxiety associated with our inability to express power and our fear of aloneness, we conform ourselves to a larger society. By acting like everyone else, holding the same values, purchasing the same products, and believing in the same morals, we gain a sense of power. This power of the masses assists us in not feeling alone and helpless. Unfortunately, according to Fromm, it also removes our individuality and prevents us from truly being ourselves.

Authoritarianism is a technique that others use to ward off the anxiety. Following an entity outside of the self and perceived greater than the self is the main feature of authoritarianism. As the individual feels alone and powerless, he gains strength from the belief that there is a greater power beyond himself. This entity could be a religious figure, a political leader, or social belief. By giving up power to the powerful, we become the powerful and no longer feel alone. In this sense authoritarianism is two sided or what Fromm describes as sadism/masochism, where we submit to our leader (such as Adolph Hitler) and demand power over our perceived enemies (Jews).

Others use the technique Fromm called destructiveness, which refers to an attempt to destroy those we perceive as having the power. Because of our desire for power, we may feel that this finite resource must be taken from those who possess it. There are many ways to attempt this destruction, including the alignment with hate groups, religious extremism, or even patriotism. While our actions are often antisocial, cruel, and misguided, we rationalize them by claiming a sense of duty, a god given order, or the love of country.

Fromm believed that all three of these techniques used to overcome our anxiety associated with freedom are unhealthy. The only healthy technique is to embrace this freedom and express our true selves rather than what we perceive as giving us power. He argued that true power comes from individuality and freedom and doing what you want to do rather than what you are suppose to do is the only way to achieve individuation; the ability to be yourself and embrace the power associated with true freedom.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Absolutely nothing as I keep telling you all, maybe I should shout a bit louder, it's difficult for you lot to hear as you are at the bottom of the pond.

Jan 30, 2008
You were banned for anti-semitic drivel. Not trying to bully you in the least but all the time you continue to insult and attack other users and not get banned, I will call you out on your racist behaviour. You still sign off DR, you're a racist
You're coming across like a Police officer , are you Balkhams love child ?
regards
DR

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You were banned for anti-semitic drivel. Not trying to bully you in the least but all the time you continue to insult and attack other users and not get banned, I will call you out on your racist behaviour. You still sign off DR, you're a racist
You're coming across like a Police officer , are you Balkhams love child ?
regards
DR

No no. Just someone who believes racists and Nazis shouldn’t be posting on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here