Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
I read most of the posts yours sounded a bit excitable ,just wondered the relevance of posh people used a lot by Remain posters maybe just a left wing thing never mind .

You've got to laugh at the sheer arrogance being shown by a number of the usual suspects in this thread, marvellous scenes don't you think ?
Regards
DR

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Just thinking, if there was a 'non' posh bloke proudly from a local, council house background who honestly believes we'll be better off and his/her personal business situation will prosper post Brexit.
Any use?

No problem with that at all.
'Belief' is troubling term though.... I prefer the informed arguments of experts in their respective fields.
Oh wait, Gove has denigrated the use of expertise, so we are back to a leap of faith!
I have great respect for the honest Leave voter... but not the architects of this mess who led many of them to believe there is something better over the rainbow as long as their uncritical belief is strong enough!

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I read most of the posts yours sounded a bit excitable ,just wondered the relevance of posh people used a lot by Remain posters maybe just a left wing thing never mind .

No constructive comment to make about the rest of the post then?
You seem distracted by style rather than substance... but maybe that's why you were won over in the original debate...
Not sure you can accurately recognise 'excitable' though, unless you are coming from a particularly dreary place.....

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It is genuinely depressing how many d***heads there are in the shape of other Albion fans who think 'no deal' is a runner.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
a straight forward Question on the ballot paper leave or remain ,remind me of the result
regards
DR

There once was a very big house with many bedrooms. The house was painted a nice shade of yellow, but one day someone suggested they paint it blue. There was quite a bit of excitement over this, but it wasn’t shared by everyone. So they rounded up all the occupants and had a vote on it. 48 of the occupants wanted to keep it yellow, but 52 decided they wanted it blue. So blue it was.

But when the day came for the house to be painted, the 52 blue voters turned up with a variety of different shades of blue. Some had been thinking a nice pale blue, others more of a royal blue. Yet more had a dark navy blue and some more went with more of a turquoise. They simply couldn’t agree on which shade of blue to use because it turns out that when they voted, they had completely different visions of what blue would be used. Those who imagined a nice sky blue couldn’t stomach the thought of a dark and dreary navy building. A few of them even said they’d prefer it to stay yellow than go so dark. On the other hand, some who had brought the dark shades didn’t want some namby-pamby baby blue colour, it was even worse than yellow. They simply couldn’t agree, no matter how hard they argued.

Then, out of nowhere and in a puff of pink smoke, suddenly a fairy appeared, screaming “Blue means blue!”

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just thinking, if there was a 'non' posh bloke proudly from a local, council house background who honestly believes we'll be better off and his/her personal business situation will prosper post Brexit.
Any use?

Just thinking, what line of business he would be in, which he honestly believes would be improved as a result of Brexit.

It’s just that being a 'non' posh bloke proudly from a council flat background (we used to dream of a council house) I can't think of one :shrug:

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

I am seriously worried about some of you remoaners.

Getting so worked up before anything has even happened, do you have that problem with the missus???

I can't Imagine what will happen to you snowflakes if big bad Boris gets in the hot seat.

He will give Barnier a straight right and then a left uppercut on Juncker and a flick on the nose will floor Corbyn.

Exciting times ahead.

Proper geezer is our Boris, a true Brit.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It is genuinely depressing how many d***heads there are in the shape of other Albion fans who think 'no deal' is a runner.

No deal could end up being worse than expected, with scores of people significantly affected and and some people would still believe that they have 'won'.

I really think there is something extremely pathological going on with a significant chunk of people going on at the moment and I don't think it's going to end well.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I am seriously worried about some of you remoaners.

Getting so worked up before anything has even happened, do you have that problem with the missus???

I can't Imagine what will happen to you snowflakes if big bad Boris gets in the hot seat.

He will give Barnier a straight right and then a left uppercut on Juncker and a flick on the nose will floor Corbyn.

Exciting times ahead.

Proper geezer is our Boris, a true Brit.

Move on.... nothing to see here.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's not a runner it is already at the winning post, 31st Oct. You remainers have until then to do something to stop it. Good luck.

Are you happy with medicine shortages and border checks we would not be prepared for ?

You might be, but a leaked cabinet memo shows the government are not...

Glad some people are thinking about others here.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Are you happy with medicine shortages and border checks we would not be prepared for ?

You might be, but a leaked cabinet memo shows the government are not...

Glad some people are thinking about others here.

Then spend government money and prepare for it! Stop foreign aid if we have to. Government have had 3yrs to prepare. Tough, it is what it is.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Then spend government money and prepare for it! Stop foreign aid if we have to. Government have had 3yrs to prepare. Tough, it is what it is.

The point is they are saying it cannot be done by October 31st.

So it cannot go ahead.

Unless you are happy with folk potentially suffering because of it.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
No constructive comment to make about the rest of the post then?
You seem distracted by style rather than substance... but maybe that's why you were won over in the original debate...
Not sure you can accurately recognise 'excitable' though, unless you are coming from a particularly dreary place.....

You have made a good guess there ,my house really does need redecorating .As for your other points i don`t know if the Leave or Remain sides are MP`s or voters everybody seems to put them together gets a bit confusing ,you got leavers being menacing and Remainers Punishing . Apart from the EU elections or going on marches voters are not been able to do much .I am not for no deal mainly because obviously not going to be good thing not only that negotiators from the UK and the EU should be able to sort an agreement because thats there job they get paid for it ,they are supposed to be the experts .The French leaders want us to hurry up and bugger off anyway.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Thankfully Johnson knows this.

Although he'll keep the bravado up until elected.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
You have made a good guess there ,my house really does need redecorating .As for your other points i don`t know if the Leave or Remain sides are MP`s or voters everybody seems to put them together gets a bit confusing ,you got leavers being menacing and Remainers Punishing . Apart from the EU elections or going on marches voters are not been able to do much .I am not for no deal mainly because obviously not going to be good thing not only that negotiators from the UK and the EU should be able to sort an agreement because thats there job they get paid for it ,they are supposed to be the experts .The French leaders want us to hurry up and bugger off anyway.

Careful with your language.... 'experts' are not welcomed by the architects of the Leave lobby. Still, let's believe in the negotiators, and not the voters eh.... they've achieved so much thus far.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
The point is they are saying it cannot be done by October 31st.

So it cannot go ahead.

Unless you are happy with folk potentially suffering because of it.

It is the governments responsibilty. Am I happy? No, however I am not going to feel guilty either. Stop our exit by the 31st Oct or come up with a sensible agreement with the EU. Otherwise we leave.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here