Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
Obviously I don't know him so I can't say but if you want me to hazard a guess I suspect he might grate a little by Christmas time if he sat next to me at the Albion. (Farage would finish me off before the first offside decision against Glenn Murray.) But I can't see the relevance of this: an historic part of John Bercow's job is to defend our ancient parliament against the executive. Given the disgraceful way that the current executive has tried to ride roughshod over parliament I'd say he's doing a pretty good job.

Sadly, all REMAINERS support the rights of parliament only as long as it does what they want it to do.
FIXED
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Great result for Democracy earlier,when is starmers going to give up, Blokes a **** along with all the other undemocratic loons who THINK they can stall Leaving the EU
Regards
DR

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Obviously I don't know him so I can't say but if you want me to hazard a guess I suspect he might grate a little by Christmas time if he sat next to me at the Albion. (Farage would finish me off before the first offside decision against Glenn Murray.) But I can't see the relevance of this: an historic part of John Bercow's job is to defend our ancient parliament against the executive. Given the disgraceful way that the current executive has tried to ride roughshod over parliament I'd say he's doing a pretty good job.

Sadly, some Brexiteers support the rights of parliament only as long as it does what they want it to do.

I think you may have grasped the wrong end of the stick here. and jumped to conclusions (incorrect ones at that). My calling him both odious and obnoxious refer to that smug, self centred grin he delivers after completing most statements, as if playing to a Comedy Store audience. What a wally.

Whether he has another agenda is anyone's guess, but he's a bit of a cockwomble imho.

Certainly needs to be brought down a peg or two.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I think you may have grasped the wrong end of the stick here. and jumped to conclusions (incorrect ones at that). My calling him both odious and obnoxious refer to that smug, self centred grin he delivers after completing most statements, as if playing to a Comedy Store audience. What a wally.

Whether he has another agenda is anyone's guess, but he's a bit of a cockwomble imho.

Certainly needs to be brought down a peg or two.

Ah. I didn't realise you were just talking about his self-centred grin. Apart from the smirk, what sort of job do you think he's doing?

(Is a self-centred grin better or worse than a lopsided smirk?.)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Ah. I didn't realise you were just talking about his self-centred grin. Apart from the smirk, what sort of job do you think he's doing?

(Is a self-centred grin better or worse than a lopsided smirk?.)
As much as I admire the conviction with which he does his job, and we are all aware of his remain preferences, I think this may set a dangerous precedent.
We live in times where, for example, drink drivers get off due to a technicality or a clerical error. Legally that may stand up, but morally it has less basis.
For many, many moons our splendid constitution and democracy has, whether you agree with the result or not, followed a set process sans hindrance.
Applying a law from 1223 or whatever when it suits (never had any such nonsense from dear old Betty B) surely undermines our process in the future on further matters of importance, and personally I do not think that can be a good thing, for us and our children.

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
So you are advocating penalising 'balance' and good sense in favour of the self righteous anger of the Leave contingent.
There are several ways of moving on and it has to be done in a sensible rather than shouty way - and with due regard to healing deep wounds this mess has caused.
I believe anything other than consensus will result in a backlash; the difference is the threats from the Leave side are more menacing; the Remain supporters will punish the snake oil salesmen and posh boys pushing the Leave agenda in a more legitimate and focused way.

Whats your problem with posh people are there no posh Remain MP`s ,all a bit odd ,not sure what your agenda is .

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Whats your problem with posh people are there no posh Remain MP`s ,all a bit odd ,not sure what your agenda is .

No problem with posh people at all; just posh boys with nothing to lose or much to gain from a No Deal Brexit, unlike most of the rest of us......
What's your agenda? Is it odd?
By the way, have you any constructive comment to make about the rest of my post, or are you just looking for a meaningless exchange of criticism on semantics?

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
As instructed by the brainless, half wit thickos like you, the more intelligent sector of our society, like me, are just trying to stop the pond life from making a catastrophic mistake.
But there is just no helping people of your sort.
Undemocratic loon alert !,deal with democracy,LEAVE MEANS LEAVE as instructed by the referendum result
regards
DR

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
No problem with posh people at all; just posh boys with nothing to lose or much to gain from a No Deal Brexit, unlike most of the rest of us......
What's your agenda? Is it odd?
By the way, have you any constructive comment to make about the rest of my post, or are you just looking for a meaningless exchange of criticism on semantics?

I read most of the posts yours sounded a bit excitable ,just wondered the relevance of posh people used a lot by Remain posters maybe just a left wing thing never mind .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here