Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
What you meant to say was yes you're right but i can't bring myself around to accepting it so I'm going to flounce off, LEAVE MEANS LEAVE :wave:
regards
DR

There will not be any leave without a deal, try and get that through your skull.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I see Labour are now going to try and block no deal. If there is any party I despise the most it is this lot. That's why they have lost millions of voters over the years including myself. **** off the lot of them.

The language of leavers is often aggressive. They'll call people traitors, talk about picking up rifles, reminisce about winning a war they never fought in and a lost empire. And yet if there was anything that justified talk of 'traitors', it's the prospect of letting our country crash out of the EU with out a deal.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The language of leavers is often aggressive. They'll call people traitors, talk about picking up rifles, reminisce about winning a war they never fought in and a lost empire. And yet if there was anything that justified talk of 'traitors', it's the prospect of letting our country crash out of the EU with out a deal.

Quite. Leavers couldn’t believe their luck when they undemocratically scraped through a corrupt referendum and now they are terrified of it being taken away from them.
So much so that they have fallen for BJ’s “promise” to leave the EU.
They fell for UKIP’s lies
They fell for Brexit party lies
Now they’re falling for BJ’s lies

Shocking how gullible they are really.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

All true.
It is also the essential language of populists which is why the extreme Leave contingent have migrated to the Brexit Party. I suppose Johnson will try and retrieve some suggestible Leavers by copying the language.

Let's see.......
anyone who disagrees with the visceral Leave lobby is:
A Remoaner
An enemy of the people
Treacherous
Thwarting the Will of the people
Talking the country down (generally unpatriotic)

and all hell will be let loose if there is any dilution of Brexit

....and yet no one can tell us what Leave option would find favour with a majority of Leave voters.
Asking them and the rest of the voting public, including an option that says 'none of the above' ? Not a chance!

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

I did try to start a conversation with Bashisdir about why he despises Labour for wanting to stop no deal but sadly he didn't respond. Perhaps he's telling me to "**** off" too.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
200 jobs created at Aston Martin, 3000 going at Honda, 1600 at Ford etc etc
Well yes, I pointed this out to him but he’s one of the more fervid of the head in sand mob.
Jizzing themselves over every scrap they think they have understood.
They know Brexit is not able to stand any scrutiny, it’s why they avoid the awkward questions and ignore the facts.
Daft, the lot of them. Daft and dangerously ignorant.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Funnily enough, all my Daily Mail-reading friends say the same. What do you think about Blair, Campbell, Gina Millar and Supreme Court judges in general?

Blimey, what a special response, where do I start? Not a DM reader, can take or leave Blair, Campbell is smug but good at what he does, Gina Millar meh and never had owt to do with Supreme Court judges. About it really.

Hope that helps.

As for Bercow, he IS obnoxious don't you agree?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Dominic Grieve, there's a true British patriot...

If we get to a point where a prime minister is intent on doing this [taking the UK out of the EU without a deal], the only way of stopping that prime minister would be to bring down that prime minister’s government.

And I simply have to say here and now I will not hesitate to do that if that is what is attempted, even if it means my resigning the whip and leaving the party. I will not allow this country to be taken out of the EU on a no-deal Brexit without the approval of this house, in my view going back to the country and asking them if that is what they want.

So me, desiring the best for my party, as a loyal member of it, as far as I’m concerned, this is probably the last opportunity to have a sensible way of influencing the outcome ...

I was elected as member of parliament for Beaconsfield to represent my constituents’ interests. No-deal is not in their interests, and nor is there the smallest shred of evidence that there is some majority for this appalling and chaotic proposal. Yet I have to face up to the fact that there are some people who wish to lead my party who appear to believe that it is a viable option, and indeed that they can’t become leaders of my party without it being an option that they are prepared to put forward - all part of process, I’m afraid, of further deceit which is slowly swallowing up the democracy of this country and the reputation of this house.

So, I simply says this; I shall support the motion. I disagree on most things with [Jeremy Corbyn], I disagree fundamentally with every tenet of his philosophical outlook. But I have to say it is the only opportunity we’ve got. And I’m not going to spend my time talking to children or grandchildren later on saying, ‘When it came to it, I just decided to give up.’ I won’t do that.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Blimey, what a special response, where do I start? Not a DM reader, can take or leave Blair, Campbell is smug but good at what he does, Gina Millar meh and never had owt to do with Supreme Court judges. About it really.

Hope that helps.

As for Bercow, he IS obnoxious don't you agree?

Obviously I don't know him so I can't say but if you want me to hazard a guess I suspect he might grate a little by Christmas time if he sat next to me at the Albion. (Farage would finish me off before the first offside decision against Glenn Murray.) But I can't see the relevance of this: an historic part of John Bercow's job is to defend our ancient parliament against the executive. Given the disgraceful way that the current executive has tried to ride roughshod over parliament I'd say he's doing a pretty good job.

Sadly, some Brexiteers support the rights of parliament only as long as it does what they want it to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here