Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If Leave hadn't gained more votes in the dodgy 2016 referendum, we wouldn't be in this mess, would we?

'Dodgy'?

If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me. Honestly makes me smile how, having lost, the remain gang still moan and groan instead of being magnanimous, accept the result and plan how best to move forward having done so. All of this economic uncertainty causing £ and industry issues might well have been avoided, had it been settled by now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
'Dodgy'?

If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me. Honestly makes me smile how, having lost, the remain gang still moan and groan instead of being magnanimous, accept the result and plan how best to move forward having done so. All of this economic uncertainty causing £ and industry issues might well have been avoided, had it been settled by now.

Yes, dodgy. Another word for dodgy is corrupt, as admitted by Theresa May's QC in the Court of Appeal in February of this year.
If the referendum had been legally binding. it would have been declared null & void there & then.
Unfortunately, because it was only advisory, the court can't stop it.
The politicians are using an opinion poll to work out the 'will of the people'. Dinstinctly dodgy, and I will fight it until my dying day.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if Nigel will turn up the European Parliament today to explain why he didn't declare nearly half a million in donations from insruance salesman Arron Banks.

Tell me, Brexiters, do you worry that Farage might not give a shit about you at all and is only in it for himself and his pals?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
'Dodgy'?

Is it any wonder that people moan that a slender victory like that threatens to tear the country apart?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I wonder if Nigel will turn up the European Parliament today to explain why he didn't declare nearly half a million in donations from insruance salesman Arron Banks.

Tell me, Brexiters, do you worry that Farage might not give a shit about you at all and is only in it for himself and his pals?

He doesn't give a sh1t about his supporters. Farage is refusing to attend, staying at home plsnning the faux Robin Hood hero as usual.

He said he did not declare the £450,000 sum to the assembly because at the time, he was about to leave politics and had been seeking a new life in the US.

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
'Dodgy'?

The wilful blindness of your deluded narrative is no smiling matter.
Obvious corruption aside for a moment, what fiction do you tell yourself has prevented this from being settled?

Tell us what form of Brexit would find favour with all Leavers?

There is nothing honest in your comment.

Last edited:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
'Dodgy'?

Do you in all honestly believe that claptrap you are spouting that it's only remainers who are somehow stopping your pipe dream?
The elected representatives in the House of Commons are the people charged with our democracy and its they who are preventing us as a nation from making what could be and is widely recognised as an economically devastating disasterous leap in the dark, even those who unashamedly covert this no deal scenario believe it could be 50 years before any true benefit is realised and there are no guarantees of that either and you'd take this country over that cliff regardless on the strength of what is widely accepted as a corrupt outcome of a referendum that should never have been asked ! Sorry, you may want to take that leap of faith but don't expect everyone else of a different persuasion than you to meekly jump with you on the back of an extra 1.3m votes or whatever, there are over 60m people in this nation of ours not just 17.4.
Personally I am glad our representatives in Parliament are questioning this decision and would be amazed and disappointed if they weren't, it's everyone's future here, not just 37% of the electorate on 23rd June 2016.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So the Tory leadership contest hots up. Question for leavers for here...

How do you think has the best chance of delivering Brexit in any shape or form?

A hard liner like Raab or Johnson or someone with a more pragmatic approach like Rory Stewart?

Who and how? Answers on a postcard.....

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Do you in all honestly believe that claptrap you are spouting that it's only remainers who are somehow stopping your pipe dream?
The elected representatives in the House of Commons are the people charged with our democracy and its they who are preventing us as a nation from making what could be and is widely recognised as an economically devastating disasterous leap in the dark, even those who unashamedly covert this no deal scenario believe it could be 50 years before any true benefit is realised and there are no guarantees of that either and you'd take this country over that cliff regardless on the strength of what is widely accepted as a corrupt outcome of a referendum that should never have been asked ! Sorry, you may want to take that leap of faith but don't expect everyone else of a different persuasion than you to meekly jump with you on the back of an extra 1.3m votes or whatever, there are over 60m people in this nation of ours not just 17.4.
Personally I am glad our representatives in Parliament are questioning this decision and would be amazed and disappointed if they weren't, it's everyone's future here, not just 37% of the electorate on 23rd June 2016.

A strong response, but lost on him/her I'm afraid. S/he clearly doesn't read other people's posts very closely so I doubt if s/he will scrutinise the conduct of the 2016 Referendum or the reasons for Brexit being thwarted. S/he is merely following the convenient lies told by hardline Leavers.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So the Tory leadership contest hots up. Question for leavers for here...

How do you think has the best chance of delivering Brexit in any shape or form?

A hard liner like Raab or Johnson or someone with a more pragmatic approach like Rory Stewart?

Who and how? Answers on a postcard.....

The reality is that there's no parliamentary majority for 'no deal' - it just won't get through.

There are, therefore, six options: push May's deal through (it's been rejected three times); negotiate a new deal (which the EU said they won't do); call general election (very risky); call for 2nd referendum (all but one of the candidates has ruled that out); prorogue parliament (a highly divisive and dangerous move, all but one of the candidates has ruled that out) or revoke Art 50.

That's the stark reality and only a couple of the candidates seem to recognise it - the rest appear to be in fairyland

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
'Dodgy'?

I for one will never stop resisting Brexit. Call it moaning if you like, but let’s not forget you lot have been moaning about a democratic decision to join the EU/EEC for decades now. You should have accepted the democratic decision but no, you wanted another vote. You got one and loathe democracy so much you don’t want another. You just wanted to keep voting until you “won”.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The reality is that there's no parliamentary majority for 'no deal' - it just won't get through.

There are, therefore, six options: push May's deal through (it's been rejected three times); negotiate a new deal (which the EU said they won't do); call general election (very risky); call for 2nd referendum (all but one of the candidates has ruled that out); prorogue parliament (a highly divisive and dangerous move, all but one of the candidates has ruled that out) or revoke Art 50.

That's the stark reality and only a couple of the candidates seem to recognise it - the rest appear to be in fairyland

If Boris is elected, I fully expect him to revoke art 50 after a statement saying its just not possible.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I fully expect him to sell the UK for some magic beans.

Would that be a bad thing?

Wouldn't it depend on what those magic beans can do?

Jack seemed like a moron for selling his cow for magic beans, granted. But then...

"Then the ogre fell down and broke his crown, and the beanstalk came toppling after. Then Jack showed his mother his golden harp, and what with showing that and selling the golden eggs, Jack and his mother became very rich, and he married a great princess, and they lived happy ever after."

Just saying.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
That's the end of the Tory party then.

It's the end of the Tory party if he actually tries to go for a no deal Brexit as well though, it's the end of the Tory party if he calls another referendum, it's the end of the Tory party if he begs for and gets another extension to A50 from The EU, it's the end of the Tory party if he calls a general election............... - it's the end of the Tory party whatever he does and they deserve nothing less.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here