Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I feel today has further widened the divide in the UK. Trump endorses Boris and Farage, Trump wants to get his teeth into our Health Service. 3 years ago Boris promised the NHS £350 million a week, now it seems he'll be carving it up with Trump.

On this one I'm going for the stupidity explanation rather than the conspiracy one. I watched the press conference and when the question on the NHS was directed at Trump you could tell he was (as per) disarmingly under-briefed and just answered off the top of his head.

Of course I'm not saying that he won't want to get his grubby hands on the NHS, it's just that he didn't really understand the question. Had he been briefed he'd have at least pretended (i.e. lied). I think the world has yet to fully grasp that in many ways he has the brain of a 5 year old with his own private world. He is staggeringly ignorant: I suspect he doesn't know what the initials NHS stand for, yet alone the values which underpin it or the attachment of the British people to these. And he wouldn't care even if he did.

Jan 30, 2008
Fanatical response.....
No hate here. Just fear of the inevitable Brexit outcome....
There will be no satisfaction in saying 'we told you so....' because we will all be blighted.
Thank goodness for Brighton and Hove - an oasis in a desert.....

Full of right on folk , yeah typical middle class do gooders and liberal fantasists and throw in a group of student union, these are the types that are influencing the city, who wouldnt want to live amongst like minded people
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Full of right on folk , yeah typical middle class do gooders and liberal fantasists and throw in a group of student union, these are the types that are influencing the city, who wouldnt want to live amongst like minded people
regards
DR

Lewes, which includes Newhaven, voted Remain, by 52%,

Jan 30, 2008
Fanatical response.....
No hate here. Just fear of the inevitable Brexit outcome....
There will be no satisfaction in saying 'we told you so....' because we will all be blighted.
Thank goodness for Brighton and Hove - an oasis in a desert.....

regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Full of the same types, no wonder house prices averaging 420K in the town , DFL types dont you just love them , driving local residents out of the town over the last 30 years

House prices averaging 420K? No, they aren't, in Newhaven.
Not many DFL types either.

I've seen lots of the B******* to Brexit stickers around the town.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
regards
DR

Says racist who calls himself DAS REICH.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I see that Sajid Javid has copied Dominic Raab's privacy policy on website "All processing is carried out either by consent or either under the legitimate interest of Dominic Raab MP".

It's a good job that he's not aiming for a position where there needs to be a fine eye for detail and accuracy, for example, scrutinising a 500-page legal document.

Oh ....

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
regards
DR

How can you possibly know that? Would it be equally accurate to characterise the Leave lobby as people who have never voted before, xenophobes, the privileged, and the terminally stupid?
The tendency to lump people into a simple category is one of the most divisive aspects of this tragedy.... shameful.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Bloody hell this is a rabidly deluded remain thread. Full of hatred and rancour. The awful face of the livid left. Thank heaven that Brighton and hove is just a political boil in the south east!

Capital "H-a-y-c-h" for Hove, respect please for gods own country

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
How can you really be in a position to make such a wild statement? Yes, there may have been failures -I really don't know and nor, I suspect do you, and similarly the successes.

Pointing out government failure is a "wild statement"? Really?

Are you Theresa May?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I wondered what DR stood for.... I wonder why he doesn't use the full name......

He certainly doesn't hold a doctorate! I think the mods changed it, I'm not sure why. He still signs off with it so it's not like it embarrasses him, even when sharing wildly anti-semitic youtube channels on here.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
He certainly doesn't hold a doctorate! I think the mods changed it, I'm not sure why. He still signs off with it so it's not like it embarrasses him, even when sharing wildly anti-semitic youtube channels on here.

That explains a lot, including why he is reduced to endless, mindless, repetitive sloganising.....

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/04/trump-america-brexit-power

Britain is uniquely susceptible to contagion: a country with delusions of global grandeur that has recently embarrassed itself in negotiation with one of those rules-based, peace-safeguarding structures. Brexiters claimed many reasons for rejecting Theresa May’s deal, but the essential problem was that it expressed too accurately the balance of power between a lone nation state and a continent-sized bloc. It was an unsugared pill refined from bitter truths about Britain’s clout in the world. The queasy leavers spat it out.

I think that article sums it up. Worth reading the whole thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here